Violinist
    So u can do more dps as affliction than destro or demon? In Icc?
    Currently from the state of bugs, demo is prolly the best overall. I've never had a afflock outdps me in icc when i was demo.

2. Awesome build, using it right now!

elstiffmaister

i dont understand something

" "Clipping" a dot means reapplying it before its last tick. Although this increases your uptime (no more dot gaps), this is VERY bad for your dps. Why? Imagine a dot ticking every 3s. If you reapply it in the moment of its last tick, it is like resetting its tick counter, meaning there will be a gap of ~6s between two ticks instead of 3s. That is as bad as not reapplying it for 3s. Actually, it's even worse: You shortened its duration by one tick, meaning you have to reapply it more often, losing even more dps. So don't clip dots.
    There are exceptions: If you know your target will be unreachable within a few seconds (e.g. Noth in Naxxramas porting to the other group), reapplying all dots is actually a good idea. If you are running around unable to cast anything but instants, clipping dots will save you time when you stand still again, and so on. "

I dont understand how should i keep up boosted corruption if im lettin it tick for last time (that should make it fade doesnt it?).
    Also, if i'm supposed to refresh it with shadow bolt, and also supposing that there is a time breach between last tick and spell fading, that means i should cast SB so that it hits target during that short time? for that i'd need to take into account SB flight time, latency @instant of cast and some other things right?

I understand i can recast the others after they fade no matter if there is or not a time between last tick and fading because there's no BIG dps loss, but letting the boosted corruption fade will ruin my dps

Someone please explain me i dont understand that part about keeping Boosted Corruption up.

eber
    " "Clipping" a dot means reapplying it before its last tick. Although this increases your uptime (no more dot gaps), this is VERY bad for your dps. Why? Imagine a dot ticking every 3s. If you reapply it in the moment of its last tick, it is like resetting its tick counter, meaning there will be a gap of ~6s between two ticks instead of 3s. That is as bad as not reapplying it for 3s. Actually, it's even worse: You shortened its duration by one tick, meaning you have to reapply it more often, losing even more dps. So don't clip dots.
    There are exceptions: If you know your target will be unreachable within a few seconds (e.g. Noth in Naxxramas porting to the other group), reapplying all dots is actually a good idea. If you are running around unable to cast anything but instants, clipping dots will save you time when you stand still again, and so on. "

I dont understand how should i keep up boosted corruption if im lettin it tick for last time (that should make it fade doesnt it?).
    Also, if i'm supposed to refresh it with shadow bolt, and also supposing that there is a time breach between last tick and spell fading, that means i should cast SB so that it hits target during that short time? for that i'd need to take into account SB flight time, latency @instant of cast and some other things right?

I understand i can recast the others after they fade no matter if there is or not a time between last tick and fading because there's no BIG dps loss, but letting the boosted corruption fade will ruin my dps

Someone please explain me i dont understand that part about keeping Boosted Corruption up.
    Clipping doesn't really apply to corruption in wrath raiding... Too many spells refresh corruption to avoid clipping.

5. I was thinking to start an Affliction lock myself but I haven't seen a good affli lock outdps Demo or Destro lock in ICC. I m pretty sure I haven't met a good afflock.

So how much u guys DPS in a standstill fight like DBS(without touching the adds :)). Just wanting to know how much afflock can pull. Screen Shot will be great!

Blmaestro
    Currently from the state of bugs, demo is prolly the best overall. I've never had a afflock outdps me in icc when i was demo.
    if you got 20 ms lag and the other locks have more than 100 ms, ofc you will outdps them.

only if you have no lag, demo suffers if you have lag. I find hybrid or affliction to be better if you have 400 ms lag like me. Demo depends on casting as many Shadowbolts and Soulfires as possible, which is severely hampered by an addition 400 ms to cast time. Affliction is more dot-based, so if you keep them up constantly with Haunt, you will maintain good dps, while hybrid involves the instant conflagrate (with its dot) that contributes a lot to dps. I've hit 15k dps in hybrid at saurfang but never more than 13k as demo in 25 man raid.

7. If they fix the corruption rolling bug the DPS will be: Affl > Demo >= Hybrids > Destro (in Full BiS itemz)! Period!

Resistlichh
    Thanks for guide, I find it usefull :)

elstiffmaister
    If they fix the corruption rolling bug the DPS will be: Affl > Demo >= Hybrids > Destro (in Full BiS itemz)! Period!
    It's already like this....

. I've hit 15k dps in hybrid at saurfang but never more than 13k as demo in 25 man raid.
    I've got to 17k dps in Saurfang with 1 metamorphosis (ofc if noob raid u may get 2 metas and then pull even more dps). Try gemming Haste, not only SP, and u will get far better results in terms of DPS. I currently have 3.2k SP and 1000 Haste (only Fel armor and spellstone), and ye, i have about 300 ms lag, i could do far more dps

10. I was thinking to start an Affliction lock myself but I haven't seen a good affli lock outdps Demo or Destro lock in ICC. I m pretty sure I haven't met a good afflock.

So how much u guys DPS in a standstill fight like DBS(without touching the adds :)). Just wanting to know how much afflock can pull. Screen Shot will be great!
    DBS10 about 16.5k dps

DBS25 about 17.5k dps (this is the max I get)

P.S. : My gear is mix of non-heroic BiS with 1 heroic trinket and heroic sword, but my ping stays in between 300ms to 400ms, take it a fair average of 350ms

For affli movement does not make that much of a difference to be honest - I'll pull around about that much dps on all ICC fights except the last 3 (for obvious reasons)

DBS also has a bug where sometimes you literally can't see your DoTs ... you are kinda guessing when to cast your dots, so a better check would be festergut fight - even though that fight has some movement, I remember managing upto 18k there.

11. May 24, 2012  
    Speedbump
    The talent build link in the first post is not working. can someone perhaps make a new one?

Ive looked online but most 54/0/17 builds link to wowhead talent calculators which are now cata.

Here is a link to a blank WotLK talent calculator if someone could redo it and link it here please it would be extremely helpful.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warlock#,,11623

12. May 27, 2012  
    Ashali
    The talent build link in the first post is not working. can someone perhaps make a new one?

Ive looked online but most 54/0/17 builds link to wowhead talent calculators which are now cata.

Here is a link to a blank WotLK talent calculator if someone could redo it and link it here please it would be extremely helpful.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warlock#,,11623
    First of all, I wouldn't suggest affliction unless you have great gear, because it requires the most gear to become really powerful(And even then, things like DoTs not changing due to haste changes on refresh waste valuable GCDs - I would recommend destruction or demonology on molten, especially at lower gear levels).

54/0/17 (Talent build OP is using)
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...NHWCu6T,,11623

53/0/15 + 3
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...UEGAb2B,,11623

I suggest taking this and modifying this to suit your needs.

55/0/16
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...FgXTrP_,,11623

If you absolutely must have a cookie-cutter build, I would recommend this. Move points out of Suppression for Fel Concentration if you're hit capped with only gear and move the point from Imp. Life Tap to Amplify Curse if you don't have at least 800 haste rating.

13. May 28, 2012  
    Oh looks like i must realy try out affli :))

i am demo right now but im going to try affli but sth is Bone Sentinel's Amulet good instead of BQ crimson choker?

Owner Of LordOfHell in Lordaeron

14. May 28, 2012  
    Ashali
    Oh looks like i must realy try out affli :))

i am demo right now but im going to try affli but sth is Bone Sentinel's Amulet good instead of BQ crimson choker?

Owner Of LordOfHell in Lordaeron
    Blood queen's crimson choker is the clear winner because critical strike rating is more valuable than spirit, for all specs.

Aguiss
    Im playing affliction since i created the char, (first time leveling/playing a warlock) to get used to all mechanics before endgame, im making a decent dps, around 7k without gems/enchants at 5k+ GS (of course, depends on the raid buffs/etc, im talking about a normal pug), with 800 haste, got some corruptions of 6 secs already, and i recommend you to play the spec you like the most, it's true that affliction makes a better dps endgame talking, but i already had "dps fights" with demonology warlocks, and i'm always near them.

First 12345 ... Last