Blmaestro
    ...but i already had "dps fights" with demonology warlocks, and i'm always near them.
    Aff will reach demo lock dps or better only if they leach off those 400 spell power at similar gear levels.

One question: The Drain Soul channeling doesn't seem to work properly as Corruption drops off. Should I still be using Drain Soul below 25% even though I will lose the hasted corruption on molten? Or just wait until one tick has occurred and cast Shadowbolt/haunt to refresh corruption? Just wanna know how we Drain Soul during execution phase on molten or at all. I've just been Shadowbolting because of this, 12% increased dmg is nice, but if Drain Soul is better, what is the proper execution of this?

2. Yeah the ticks wont refresh Corruption. I just recast Drain Soul and lose "some" extra deeps but I manage to sustain the 6-7 sec Corruption. Never the less, you should still roll with DS when boss health </= 25%.

Cheers

3. What am i doing wrong?

I need some help with my gear/rotation. I just re-specced from demonology to affliction with the expectations that my dps will increase due the corruption bug.

Sadly enough switching from demonology to affliction has not increased my dps.

Here's my set-up:

Rotation: Corruption(pet attack)->CoE->Haunt->ShadowBolt->UnstableAffli
    With shadowbolt as filler and drainsoul when the target is on 25% of there max health.
    While keeping all of my dots up without clipping them.

My gear: http://wotlk.chardev.org/?profile=472212

Hope you guys can help me out with this :)

4. Do you refresh your Corruption on Eradication proc?

If not then try to get a combo of three; Heroism/Bloodlust, Potion of Speed, Eradication. Refresh the Corruption when all these are up and boom, you get the OP 4-5 sec DoT.

If you are doing this then.. idk. I've done everything in this guide and still managed t max Affliction at 22k.

hadlokstorm
    I need some help with my gear/rotation. I just re-specced from demonology to affliction with the expectations that my dps will increase due the corruption bug.

Sadly enough switching from demonology to affliction has not increased my dps.

Here's my set-up:

Rotation: Corruption(pet attack)->CoE->Haunt->ShadowBolt->UnstableAffli
    With shadowbolt as filler and drainsoul when the target is on 25% of there max health.
    While keeping all of my dots up without clipping them.

My gear: http://wotlk.chardev.org/?profile=472212

Hope you guys can help me out with this :)
    You're expecting to do great dps when there are points that you are doing wrong.

Gemming: Already explained. Please re-read.

Enchants: According to the planner you are missing a few

Opening "Rotation": use CoE if you are the only warlock or when there are no Boomkin nor Unholy DK in the raid otherwise always use CoA.

Glyphs: Glyph of UA? Wrong. Use Lifetap glyph.

Talents: refer to Ashali's initial post in the 5th page.

6. You're expecting to do great dps when there are points that you are doing wrong.

Gemming: Already explained. Please re-read.

Enchants: According to the planner you are missing a few

Opening "Rotation": use CoE if you are the only warlock or when there are no Boomkin nor Unholy DK in the raid otherwise always use CoA.

Glyphs: Glyph of UA? Wrong. Use Lifetap glyph.

Talents: refer to Ashali's initial post in the 5th page.
    Thanks for the reply and your time.

To answer the question "if I reapply corruption on the target when haste buffs proc". yea I do that but, just to be clear, does reapplying means casting the corruption again or letting haunt refresh it? Because I cast (reapply) Corruption.

I've looked at the talents/glyphs Ashali linked and I have to say I kinda disagree with that. First off, alot of people on this thread claim that the 2 talent points in nightfall should be spend on something else, cause of the low dps increase.
    and second, Glyph of Lifetap should be used only when you have alot of spirit. Which I don't And even if I get spirit enchants I will still be below 500 spirit. Next to that I have been told that Glyph of Lifetap does not work well with high end gear due to the lack of spirit. Such as tier 10 equipment.

i'll take the gemming part as advice.

7. Yeah, reapply with a re-cast.

53/1/17

Glyph of Haunt
    Glyph of Quick Decay
    Glyph of Life Tap
    (BiS 6557gs gear can be glyphed with Corruption too)

Rotation:

Life Tap (Rank 1) -> CoE/CoA (if no you know who) -> SB (x1/x2) -> Haunt -> LOLDOTS (with pot of speed or just wait for the epic combo proc)

Gem and chant your gear for max Spell Power, as haste always comes second (YES IT DOES).

Cheers

8. well, I tried and did everything you told me but, i doesn't seem to increase my dps.
    Only got 6k on a heroic dummy. :(

Guess i am switching back to demonology untill i have better gear.

9. well, I tried and did everything you told me but, i doesn't seem to increase my dps.

Meh, then I dont know. Try to learn more about Affliction by watching some oldschool dps videos. There should be loads around. If you still cant get your head around it, roll Demo until you do :)

Atm, I'm rebuilding my gear in PvE, and I'm at like 251/264 cross-section gear with still 400+ resi and I can pull 7.8-8k on a HC dummy (depends on Eradication proc, how soon that is).

10. well, I tried and did everything you told me but, i doesn't seem to increase my dps.

link armory

11. Armory is either down or outdated so here's another link http://wotlk.chardev.org/?profile=472212
    Your spec is wrong
    u have to change that trinket PoTNL
    and your gemming is really weird

and why dont you just link the armory from molten ?

12. Your spec is wrong
    u have to change that trinket PoTNL
    and your gemming is really weird

and why dont you just link the armory from molten ?
    Armory not workin properly

13. Glyph of corruption is better than Glyph of Life tap with T10. Since it gives no spirit.

14. Glyph of corruption is better than Glyph of Life tap with T10. Since it gives no spirit.
    Tested it with a full BiS (6557gs) Affliction warlock, it only gets better than Life Tap at 277-284 gear. The base spirit of your Warlock still gives a nifty SP boost.

First ... 23456 ... Last