1. 1. Download the WotLK client : LINK
    Once you have it downloaded, pay attention as to where you are installing it or where it is installing to.

3. After you have downloaded and installed the WotLK client, it will run the patcher. Close this window ASAP!

4. You will have a shortcut Icon for World of Warcraft on your desktop, go ahead and delete it.

5. Since you jotted down or memorized the path for your World of Warcraft folder from step 2. You can now go ahead and find that folder and open it. Inside you will need to find WoW.exe.

A.Now right click Wow.exe and select "Create Shortcut". This will place a shortcut of the file inside your World of Warcraft folder. Go ahead and drag it to your desktop. You can now bypass the Launcher.

B. After you have done that, go back to your World of Warcraft folder and follow this path :
    World of Warcraft\Data\enUS. Once you are there look for realmlist.wtf it will look like so :

Open this file with Notepad Once its open you will need to delete every line of text in this file. Once you have done so, copy/paste or type in the following exactly starting from the top line at the beginning :
    Code:
    set realmlist logon.warmane.com
    set patchlist logon.warmane.com
    6. Alright, now we have the game installed and the client setup properly. You will now need to update the client to the version that Warmane servers use. Currently Warmane runs on build 3.3.5a. To update to 3.3.5a you will need to start with this page : LINK
    This page lists all the patches that were made during WotLK and provides mirrors for you to download them.
    Download these patches in the order they are listed from top to bottom :
    3.x.x → 3.2.0

3.2.0 → 3.2.0a

3.2.0a → 3.2.2

3.2.2 → 3.2.2a

3.2.2a → 3.3.0

3.3.0 → 3.3.0a

3.3.0a → 3.3.2

3.3.2 → 3.3.3

3.3.3 → 3.3.3a

3.3.3a → 3.3.5

3.3.5 → 3.3.5a

7. Gratz! You have now setup your client, all you have left to do (if you haven't already) is register and account so you can start playing.

2. Once i've gotten to the patch steps, where do I save the patch files?

3. doesnt matter where u save them. the patch files will detect ur wow installation and add them accordingly

4. Hey, i didnt pay attention and now i dont know where my computer installed it. do you maybe have an idea?

Edit: I deinstalled it now. any way i can choose a install folder? it overwrites my vanilla folder otherwise
    Edited: April 20, 2016

5. Can't even download first patch, all the uploads have been removed... anywhere else to patch up?

6. Can't even download first patch, all the uploads have been removed... anywhere else to patch up?
    I tryed a random link for 3.x.x → 3.2.0 and it wokrs:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/8a....x.x-3.2.0.rar

7. why don't you download the whole game from an OCH? its 1 click vs. so many steps

8. why don't you download the whole game from an OCH? its 1 click vs. so many steps
    This is now possible as well: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=280398

9. The 'one-click' full download method doesn't work for my computer. The game will run fine, until certain files become corrupt. The repair utility is useless since the game isn't actually installed. If anyone knows where I can find patch 3.2.0 to 3.3.0 that would be very much appreciated!

10. The 'one-click' full download method doesn't work for my computer. The game will run fine, until certain files become corrupt. The repair utility is useless since the game isn't actually installed. If anyone knows where I can find patch 3.2.0 to 3.3.0 that would be very much appreciated!
    Head over to this alternative method, which the OP got working up back again few days ago. It is way easier and you will not encounter any problems.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=280398

11. Hello!
    I installed the game and when i try to login the game wants to patch something... I can`t play :/
    Can someone help me?

12. Hello!
    I installed the game and when i try to login the game wants to patch something... I can`t play :/
    Can someone help me?
    you need to log-in by using your Warmane AccountName, not Email address or forum nickname.
    Be sure your client is still 3.3.5 otherwise you need to download it again

13. May 3, 2016  
    Is there a way to get a Minimal installation for WotLK the same way you can do it with Cata and MoP? I would really appreciate an answer cause I would love such a feature!

14. May 3, 2016  
    Is there a way to get a Minimal installation for WotLK the same way you can do it with Cata and MoP? I would really appreciate an answer cause I would love such a feature!
    no, there isn't any minimal installer for Wotlk

15. Good day! Is this still working? I'm currently downloading the patches and I followed every step that you mentioned above. I hope it pays out at the end and I can play without any issues.
    Edit: My bad. Apparently I've logged in using my email address which led to the game not being able to update so that's why I searched through the forums to find another download method which will work but the links in the "Download" section are perfectly fine.
    Edited: June 30, 2016 Reason: My stupidity

123 Last