freezeclaw
    Not unless youre hit hard capped.
    he kinda said for arms warrior...which the hit cap = both hard and soft :)

2. I've seen it multiple times in raids when I tank with 263 hit rating. Go sit at the heroic dummy for a few minutes and you'll see misses.
    Heh, I was mistaken.
    With 267 Hit rating:

Out of 412 attacks, I got 4 misses (one BS tick, two melee and one OP [so it wasn't a dodge that was missread]). In all honesty, the amount of misses is so small, and with this single test being 17 minutes long, I don't think it would be worthwhile to go for 9% if you have to sacrifice a significant amount of other stats to get there.

As per this bug report: http://forum.molten-wow.com/bugtraq....ew&vbug_id=547

It could be that the dummy is bugged. I'll try to keep an eye out for misses against raid bosses. Could someone confirm that it happens on raid-bosses aswell? Preferably with screenies.

Slug
    He did explain. You just clearly cant comprehend anything you read.

Arms is a utility spec, he states it will not out dps fury.

The one thing I disagreed with after skimming it was the difference in dps between arms and fury. It will be a lot more than one or two thousand dps.
    It really does add up to be about 2-3k dps, but because the Arms priority rotation is much more complicated it is more difficult to reach your maximum possible dps than it is with fury. I've been sparatically trying to learn the arms rotation and it's simply pathetic how little dps I do compared to fury, but it's because I suck at the rotation and no other reason.

4. It really does add up to be about 2-3k dps, but because the Arms priority rotation is much more complicated it is more difficult to reach your maximum possible dps than it is with fury. I've been sparatically trying to learn the arms rotation and it's simply pathetic how little dps I do compared to fury, but it's because I suck at the rotation and no other reason.
    Yeah it's much (and I mean MUCH) easier to reach a decent level of performance as Fury than it is as Arms.

thedarkbobo
    Nice but bleed buff doesnt stack with feral's one and 4% with combat rogue one which should be noted.
    //if im not wrong //

6. Nice but bleed buff doesnt stack with feral's one and 4% with combat rogue one which should be noted.
    //if im not wrong //
    No it doesn't stack. However, there aren't very many Combat rogues on Molten (at least not that I've encountered... They're all Assassination).

As for the bleed debuff: A kittie will love you (assuming they have a clue) if you don't have a Feral tank. It saves them having to keep the debuff up.

7. Heh, I was mistaken.
    With 267 Hit rating:

Out of 412 attacks, I got 4 misses (one BS tick, two melee and one OP [so it wasn't a dodge that was missread]). In all honesty, the amount of misses is so small, and with this single test being 17 minutes long, I don't think it would be worthwhile to go for 9% if you have to sacrifice a significant amount of other stats to get there.

It could be that the dummy is bugged. I'll try to keep an eye out for misses against raid bosses. Could someone confirm that it happens on raid-bosses aswell? Preferably with screenies.
    While it may not be a huge dps loss, the miss factor is still there. I tend to just eat hit rating food to reach 9%. I honestly hate seeing misses. Having an auto attack miss when Heroic Strike was queued before that will, about 20% of the time, lead to rage starvation. Although, that may just be me being too Heroic Strike happy.

It's not just dummies, I have missed countless Shield Slams when tanking with 263 hit rating.

8. Unless, you are both hit and expertise capped O_ O
    You don't need hit at all... Few Testing

0 hit rating
    all crits

freezeclaw
    why arms?

cause you can charge>bs straight gladiator
    kgopvpthreadnao noneedpeepslieky'mon' cy@

and warsoul...yes u still do need hit. Which part of wud kind of mechanic enables you to not miss without hit?

btw the crit cap gets lower with the lesser amount of hit/exp you have

winterdaemon
    Even though arms may be viable for pve, I think fury gives a better boost to the entire raid group and would be better dps. I'd leave arms for pvp.

11. Even though arms may be viable for pve, I think fury gives a better boost to the entire raid group and would be better dps. I'd leave arms for pvp.
    Perhaps, but just about every raid has at least one Fury warrior / Feral already.

Noblesse
    Perhaps, but just about every raid has at least one Fury warrior / Feral already.
    Keep in mind, that feral also brings one of the two only reasons to bring an arms warrior, the bleed damage increase.

13. Keep in mind, that feral also brings one of the two only reasons to bring an arms warrior, the bleed damage increase.
    Yup. For cats, however, it is a noticable dps loss to keep Mangle up, though.

Slug
    For fun, I have respecced my fury build to arms, and I am going arms fulltime. I have followed most of the information in this guide as well as in other guides, and I must say arms is fun, and the dps is not bad at all. In 10mans on average I pull around 14k dps as fury, with a good raid comp. Last night I pulled 11k as arms, with a relatively poor raid comp and essentially no experience with the rotation.

Arms is definitely a viable pve spec and it has its place in raids, especially in my guild where we have a lot of feral dpsers (who love not having to mangle) and no combat rogues. If you think that going arms will completely nerf your damage then you are flat out wrong. My dps went down by about 15%, which is really not a lot considering all the physicals in my raid will be getting a 4% increase to their dps.

15. Unless, you are both hit and expertise capped O_ O
    You don't need hit at all... Few Testing

0 hit rating
    all crits

First 1234 ... Last