Noblesse
    Interesting.

How did you get your crit so high?

2. Interesting.

How did you get your crit so high?
    I admit I stacked feral druid 5% crit buff. But before I could get x2 rampage now x1 feral buff results 15% crit ... Now its 10%. Rest are Agi gears.

freezeclaw
    Time to remove all my hit gear.

Noblesse
    It almost looks like the excess crit is pushing misses off the attack table, effectively being hit and crit at the same time.

5. I did this testing for fury purpose... Because I use Oathbinder + 1 axe(1.5 weapon speed) on my fury warrior. I need to effectively crit with my offhand. since I cannot push to 27% hit rating. I had to push to 76% crit...

My offhand weapon attacks every 0.9 sec, and all melee attacks should land crit, which triggers deepwound from Oathbinder MH weapon.

Pole + 1H = Titan Grip does not give me -10% damage reduction. But Twohand weapon specializtion is bugged and I don't know either i got 106% damage on MH.

But with this setup, My warrior deepwound damage out damage Shadowmourne + Cryptmaker (HC).

Sorry I wrote about fury in arms thread.
    ---------------------------------
    It almost looks like the excess crit is pushing misses off the attack table, effectively being hit and crit at the same time.
    If you got 92% crit, it pushes the glancing too. But overdoing does not bring better result. Optimal amount is 76% crit which pushes miss rate to 0...

freezeclaw
    i suppose that crit also counts as expertise at that level, seeing that he has no dodges/parries?

If that's the case, would it be a dps gain if you replace your expertise / hit gear into others while getting a lower ilvl? (example with donnatoria : apocalypse's[284] degraded to frostbitten fur boots[277])

another example : (signet of twilight[284] > frostbrood[277])

i believe that the ashen ring remains the best due to the proc on it?

And would it be good enough to replace strength items with crit/arpen to agi items with crit/arpen but lower ilvl?
    (or penumbra[284] > sindy's fang[277]/rimetooth pendant[264]?

btw...are u sure that the crits off your offhand procs deepwounds from mainhand? O_ O i always thought that whichever wep that crits would get deepwounds with that specific wep xD

Noblesse
    I did this testing for fury purpose... Because I use Oathbinder + 1 axe(1.5 weapon speed) on my fury warrior. I need to effectively crit with my offhand. since I cannot push to 27% hit rating. I had to push to 76% crit...

My offhand weapon attacks every 0.9 sec, and all melee attacks should land crit, which triggers deepwound from Oathbinder MH weapon.

Pole + 1H = Titan Grip does not give me -10% damage reduction. But Twohand weapon specializtion is bugged and I don't know either i got 106% damage on MH.

But with this setup, My warrior deepwound damage out damage Shadowmourne + Cryptmaker (HC).

Sorry I wrote about fury in arms thread.

If you got 92% crit, it pushes the glancing too. But overdoing does not bring better result. Optimal amount is 76% crit which pushes miss rate to 0...
    Crit shouldnt push misses or glancing blows off the table. You should always have a 24% glancing blow chance.

It sounds like theres a few bugs in the hit table.
    The hit table seems completely messed up.

Going from 1 point in precision and 68.57% crit to 3 points and 61.47% crit reduced my misses by almost 10% for white attacks. Base miss for dual wielding against a boss is 27%. With 1 point in precision, I missed 25.9% of my white attacks (5.64% hit from precision and gear). With three points I missed 15.2% (7.64% hit from precision and gear). Yellow attacked seemed to work as they should either way.

With 68.57% crit, I only have 9.6% glancing blows. With 61.47% crit, I had 18.7% glancing blows. Should always be 24%.

8. I first start off by congratulating with the creator of the guide, and apologizing to him for bringing the discussion in another thread.

As it came out, I'm interested in some of the options presented in the guide:

Sundering
    Sure, Fury has globals to spend on it, but as far as Sunder management goes I'd rather take the duty and keep those Sunders up than risk to see them fall off because the random Gatsulolx is unable to watch the debuffs on the target (I want to point out that I mainly raid with my guild, and I trust my Furies very much - aside from being very esigent to any Warrior that shares my tag, be it tank or DpS).

In short, if somebody is taking Arms as his spec in PvE, I assume he knows what he is doing, and thus can bare spending some globals in something useful.
    I long for the day in which I will be able to tank with another Warrior in raid without worrying about overwriting each other's Sunders stack. But you know better than me: reality is a *****, worse than karma.

Mace vs. Swords
    I ran some syms some time ago, and Swords came out on a better spot than Maces.
    What you (and Noblesse) said is true: the second hit is subject to glancing, has an ICD and thus can proc only this much, but I really do think that Mace Spec will be completely wasted once lying on the hardcap.

However, we all happily agreed that the whole question is not an issue, there's plenty of alternatives in the Pole/ Axe 264+ loot table that makes this fuss completely nonexistant.
    But I, as a Swords lover, would very much like to keep reading non-biased backups, because let's face it: mine obviously are, and to top it off I've got that sweet addon that goes on with UT quotes everytime it procs... so yeah.

Ah, I would never ever under any circumstance consider the actual Sword Spec bug as a good reason to spec into it, I myself specced out of it for that same reason: it's embarassingly overpowered.

9. I

Mace vs. Swords
    I ran some syms some time ago, and Swords came out on a better spot than Maces.
    What you (and Noblesse) said is true: the second hit is subject to glancing, has an ICD and thus can proc only this much, but I really do think that Mace Spec will be completely wasted once lying on the hardcap.
    Sword spec is bugged in a beneficial way, lol.

10. Sword spec is bugged in a beneficial way, lol.
    Good to have it specified in the last two lines of my reply then.

11. I just did some testing on warsong (for the sake of ease), and it seems that Sword Spec is indeed bugged in a very beneficial way : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...711121035.jpg/ (Check the combat log)

It replicates the ability that procced it (with its own crit chance), and also doesn't seem to have any ICD (or just has the ability to proc off itself). Those 3 Slams were all from one cast. The most procs I've gotten so far from one hit is 2 extra hits.

As for what it does for our dps, it's hard to say. Sword Spec is, with this bug, basically back to what it was in TBC, where it was the top spec for Arms. However, in TBC we relied heavily on the old Winfdury totem (it accounted, in combination with Sword Spec, for about 20% of our damage...) and its interaction with Sword Spec. For what it's worth, I did 2 comparative tests with Axe and Sword spec, and they both came out more or less equal. This doesn't mean much though, since it's a dummy test (cause warriors rock at those.... especially Arms), it's in mostly furious pvp gear and I wasn't paying too much attention to trying to maximise dps (I was more interested in watching out for double-procs and debuff uptime).

I suspect that, at higher levels of (pve) gear, Axe will still come out on top, due to the high amount of crit you could get in ICC gear, aswell as the better itemisation on Axes / Polearms (Specifically Oathbinder VS Golrenzelg).

Noblesse
    And here I thought we were getting close to fixing all the bugs.

13. And here I thought we were getting close to fixing all the bugs.
    I was hoping for a full working swords spec when I came here.
    I wished too hard I guess...

14. Updated second post with priorities.

15. Crit shouldnt push misses or glancing blows off the table. You should always have a 24% glancing blow chance.

It sounds like theres a few bugs in the hit table.
    The hit table seems completely messed up.

Going from 1 point in precision and 68.57% crit to 3 points and 61.47% crit reduced my misses by almost 10% for white attacks. Base miss for dual wielding against a boss is 27%. With 1 point in precision, I missed 25.9% of my white attacks (5.64% hit from precision and gear). With three points I missed 15.2% (7.64% hit from precision and gear). Yellow attacked seemed to work as they should either way.

With 68.57% crit, I only have 9.6% glancing blows. With 61.47% crit, I had 18.7% glancing blows. Should always be 24%.
    Anyway, I read somewhere crit should effectively reduce glancing blow since both effects are 2 side of 1 coin. But All I can say is "molten hit table had little problems"... Ignore hit and expertise straight forward to crit :D

First 12345 ... Last