1. Links updated. That is definitely the last update I'll be doing to this guide (see my previous post for reasons).

Good luck folks :)

2. This is truly an enthusiast guide. Unlike others, I won't say which one's better. Arms pve does bring a variety on the table. Although I will say, Arms spec is slightly weak when sustaining AoE damage for a long duration (Especially clearing mountain of mobs in ICC). Otherwise, I ve seen some truly remarkable Arm's pve dps. As you mentioned, they are not at the top, but hey, they're not in the bottom either.

3. If I remember right (played arms pve in 3.1.3) rend should be re-apply on the target 1 second before the current rend gonna end for maximum damage (for maximum procs of overpower).

4. I read:

Hitting things 'SMARTLY':

A warriors guide...

Outloud and I started to laugh. My bro behind me starts to laugh and goes; "Thats the most accurate warrior named guide in existence."

I don't know if that was your intention but I LOVE the name. Hilarious.

5. constant aoe raid damage (extra rage) + add fights help arms dps a ton

double ms. imo sword spec puts gloren over shadowmourne for arms pve, possibly arms pvp as well

dbs dps

6. This is truly an enthusiast guide. Unlike others, I won't say which one's better. Arms pve does bring a variety on the table. Although I will say, Arms spec is slightly weak when sustaining AoE damage for a long duration (Especially clearing mountain of mobs in ICC). Otherwise, I ve seen some truly remarkable Arm's pve dps. As you mentioned, they are not at the top, but hey, they're not in the bottom either.
    Long-term Arms AoE only consists of Thunder Clap and Cleave, that's why it falls behind so badly. Thunder Clap is a nice ability, which scales very very well with AP and has no target limitations, but it's still not even close to WW :( If only we had Blood and Thunder talent in WotLK... But who the F cares about long term AoE anyway? :D
    I read:

Hitting things 'SMARTLY':

A warriors guide...

Outloud and I started to laugh. My bro behind me starts to laugh and goes; "Thats the most accurate warrior named guide in existence."

I don't know if that was your intention but I LOVE the name. Hilarious.
    Well, I've always preferred Arms to Fury simply because the latter is a no-brain keyboardsmasher. I love the name too and I think it's very fitting to an Arms PvE guide ;)

@Jay01 That's some very nice DPS, mate :) Keep it up.

@Offbeat WotLK is not going anywhere, mate. Your guide is not gonna run outdated, so don't worry :) And thank you for making it, of course! :)

7. Isn`t sword spec kinda bugged here, so it`d be basically worthless?
    Also, shouldn`t sword spec be bad, anyways, due to the 6sec limitation or so?
    (idk, I`m not an expert there, but that`s what I heard)
    Because of the 6-sec ICD, Sword Spec is the weakest spec of them all. It's merely a shadow of its former self (vanilla). However, from what I know, the bug it has on Molten is actually a beneficial one, which makes the spec good. I do not know any details though. For me crit will always be better than an extra auto-attack, no matter what.

8. I believe sword spec currently replicates the attack that proc'ed it. Meaning you get two mortal strikes for example, instead of one mortal strike and one white hit. In addition to this doing the additional damage of whatever ability is replicated, it means it's no longer a white hit, so no glancing blows, and the crit damage is increased.

I haven't played in a while though, so I'm not 100% sure that is how it is currently working.
    ^ this is what I know too, but I never observed or tested it. Can someone confirm it?

9. ^ this is what I know too, but I never observed or tested it. Can someone confirm it?
    its been bugged for a very long time
    and u can confirm it just by looking at the screens i posted

10. its been bugged for a very long time
    and u can confirm it just by looking at the screens i posted
    How? I don't get what you mean. I don't see Sword Spec proc, recount details or anything. Simply the DPS isn't a legit proof.

11. Check the Lanathel pic. Shows 2 mortal strikes. 2 hits 2 crits. Thats Sword spec proccing.

12. Check the Lanathel pic. Shows 2 mortal strikes. 2 hits 2 crits. Thats Sword spec proccing.
    Holy **** - 37k! Does that make Sword Spec better than Poleaxe at gear levels where you have enough crit anyway? We all know that Arms has a far lower crit soft cap than Fury (45% + 5%[Rampage/LeaderOfThePack] + 50% Imp OP).

13. Regarding the sword spec bug:
    http://forum.molten-wow.com/bugtraq....w&vbug_id=2409
    Bump it up...

As for whether it provides more dps than Axe spec - I did test that and posted the results somewhere on these forums (can't remember where), and they came out pretty close, with Axe spec still pulling ahead a little. Admittedly that testing was done in pvp gear on Warsong (before it went Cata), so it's by no means reliable as a hard and fast rule.

I will say this, however: Remember, Axe spec increases its own value, and it scales with any level of gear. More crits will always mean more Deep Wounds damage, and the 5% extra crit damage will benefit from both increased damage via gear (especially a weapon upgrade), as well as higher levels of crit. Sword spec, on the other hand, only scales with weapon damage and crit in the same way anything else scales with those two. Your proc chance will always be the same, and importantly, it's not necessarily very reliable.

Concerning Glorenzelg vs Shadowmourne: While Glorenzelg is a very good sword, I highly doubt that the benefits of the bug would overshadow the raw damage, stats and proc effect from S'mourne, combined with the inherrent benefits of Axe spec - It really is an incredible weapon. Remember, S'mourne not only has better base weapon damage, it also has "perfect" stats for a warrior (Especially Arms). I have no data / testing concerning these two weapons, so I can't tell you any more than that. If someone is in the lucky position of having both (If S'mourne is still available? I don't see it in the coin shop - but then lots has changed since I left) (and the means to set their gear up to suit both), it would be quite interesting to see how they compare at high gear levels.

Anyway, good to see there are some folks messing around in Arms - And yes, I still troll the forums :P

PS: Thanks for the positive feedback.

14. Just finished reading the guide one more time and I noticed an inconsistency in the priority list and explanation. As you said, SD > MS & OP, because MS & OP can proc SD, yet on the priority list you put it the other way around.

Furthermore, on the Imp Exe spec, I wouldn't recommend dropping a point from it into Anger Management, because Imp Exe + SD allow you to spam Exe in Exe phase (Exe will cost 10 rage + SD makes Exe leave 10 rage = win). Additionally, always having that 10 rage also means that you'll still be able to keep up Rend in Exe phase.

15. Just finished reading the guide one more time and I noticed an inconsistency in the priority list and explanation. As you said, SD > MS & OP, because MS & OP can proc SD, yet on the priority list you put it the other way around.

Furthermore, on the Imp Exe spec, I wouldn't recommend dropping a point from it into Anger Management, because Imp Exe + SD allow you to spam Exe in Exe phase (Exe will cost 10 rage + SD makes Exe leave 10 rage = win). Additionally, always having that 10 rage also means that you'll still be able to keep up Rend in Exe phase.
    Technically, SD is worth less than your other abilities - especially at high gear levels (it doesn't scale with weapon damage). However, in practical terms, you use SD before MS / OP, simply because those abilities can proc another SD. HOWEVER, you only do this if you will have enough rage to perform all the above abilities (or at least if you're sure your next melee swing will generate enough rage).

While Execute spam is fun, it isn't really worth it. MS, OP and occasionally even HS and Slam provide more damage per rage than Execute. If you have spare rage and gcd's, by all means go for it, but don't prioritise it over your other abilities. Even with Imp Execute, it still isn't an exceedingly attractive ability - remember it always costs 30 rage (or less if you have less than that), even though the additional rage gets converted into damage (unless I missed some mechanic).

First ... 34567 ... Last