It seems on Warmane that people are having a hard time finding the quests to be able to tame pets. While I believe it's just as simple to google it for answers, some do not want to, or didn't think of it. I'm hoping this will save you time and hardship during leveling with no pet.

Race One: Dwarf - The hunter trainer in Kharanos does not give the introductory quest. The taming quests will not be available until you see Olmin Burningbeard and take his quest that tells you to speak to Grif Wildheart at which time these quests will be available.

Race Two: Night Elf - The hunter trainer in Dolanaar does not give the introductory quest. Instead, it's the same as the Dwarf trainers. Jocaste gives you the introductory quest in Darnassus which instructs you to visit Dazalar, at which time the three taming quests become available.

Race Three: Dreanei - The Dreanei hunter quests are a bit different. Instead of going to The Exodar and visiting one of the hunter trainers there, you visit the npc Acteon at Azure Watch who gives you a quest to see Keila Nightbow near Valaar's Berth who then makes the hunter quests available to you.

Race Four and Five: Orcs and Trolls - I put these two together because guess what... There introductory quests are the same! Pretty nifty huh? GG Blizz. Seek out Sian'dur in Orgrimmar. She gives you a quest to seek out Thotar at Razor Hill. And of course, the hunter quests then become available.

Race Six: Tauren - For you taurens out there, you must seek out Kary Thunderhorn who then commands you to speak with Yaw Sharpmane. He then makes his quests available to you.

Race Seven: Blood Elf - Last, but not least (hey come on I started as a blood elf =D.) Seek out Telenus in Falconwing Square, and he then guides you to Lieutenant Dawnrunner. She then starts your introduction into taming hunter pets!

Now go out there and show all the sappy little nubs that don't play hunter why we are the best class!

Thank you for reading.