69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Horde

46 66.67%
  • Alliance

29 42.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    BlueEma
    I have been thinking about a name, and so far the best choice would be
    <The Grom'gol Accord> or something along those lines... You know, like a guild focusing on tighten the bonds between the races of the horde.

2. I'd prefer to stay away from a guild thats like that. It would kinda force people to create a character that want to have a good relationship with all races.. So someone creating a character who hated trolls would not really fit in, As that kinda goes against what the guild is.

So i thought of instead of having a guild like that, we have a Tavern Like guild ... Guild can be anything with a Tavern-ish name eg. "the Hangman" (DA2 - first thing that came to mind) .. Although most RP's will start in a Tavern, it might not end there. Everyone goes to a Tavern, "soldiers, ex-soldiers, mages, thieves" etc. And depending on each player we can all tag along coz the ex-soldier/adventurer heard found a treasure map. This will also mean that everyone has to think of a story an adventure etc. and not only the GM, Officers .. Coz thats pretty much how it was on Neltharion (Shield of Light) also why i left, We were only 1/2 people creating events and resulted in Events taking to long. Hence we'd have an RP event like once every 2 weeks.

BlueEma
    I'm trying to stay loyal to the lore.
    If one hates trolls, why are you part of the horde? (see what i'm doing here?)
    I also love "redemption" stories. "I hate trolls, but at the end of our adventure, i came to like them and consider them as friends" Yeah might be a bit cheesy....
    Why people RP-ing tend to be rude? It boggles my mind. EVERY rp community needs to have those shadowy figures that 'hates the world' and all that... really? Does that make a character cool?
    IDK about you, but i like to be realistic in my RPing (as realistic warcraft universe can get). Not copying real life though (like going to work, pay taxes XD).
    Awaiting a reply :D

4. well i suppose u have a point. Although we won't be working at the tavern.. but we'd meet there.. everything will start there. Obviously we can't all just meet and be friends straight away (^Realism) .. Also reason i used Trolls is that, there are forest trolls (the ones on the border of Ghostlands/eversong woods. So my parents could've been killed by trolls (those forest ones) so i'd grow up hating Trolls for that, being young and not knowing that there are some trolls that are good/alligned with us.. I keep hating them, and pretty much for ever hate them.. There are 'Evil/bad' Orc's aswell. So i could even hate the Orc's

But it's only a suggestion.

BlueEma
    If you are going to make a guild, you could, like, organize a meeting at a tavern (of your choice, but i'd say somewhere far, like Desolance, cuz WoW isn't just about orgrimmar / goldshire)
    Where was i? Oh yeah, a meeting on a random tavern, but try make it look like we meet there randomly (like were on a quest to ... idk) and talk about stuff.... and suddenly someone comes with an idea, like "hey fellow mates, we should make a guild to... fight evil O.o.
    IDK, that's what i love about RP, so much to work with...

6. Desolace* :P

Indeed, instead of announcing it here though, you guys should whisper me in game to get the location. I'm not keen on our first meeting turning out to be a graveyard for the ally's that were expecting free honor :)

Parely

'

yea rp guild always start with an event of meeting... maybe an alliance guild could be that a group of fighters are hiring warriors to their side, or i don't know.

but the best choice for me is that you go around, make friends with 1-2 one day and you go traveling and after that maybe 2 groups meet or 1 group save another from danger, and you can fight on each others side and then you become friends...

who knows I might be joining this. but I need to read some things before... never made a horde role character

8. First of all most of the Blood Elves hate or dislike trolls due to number of conflicts they had with each other the trolls dislike elves because they destroyed their sacred city and build Silvermoon upon it. The Blood Elves dislike orkish brutality and i dont remember their attitude toward the taurens, the only race they are somewhat trusting is the forsaken because of Silvannas Windrunner who even after her death is doing everything she can to help protect the elven ppl. The blizzard does not specify why Blood Elves are still alied to the horde since they only joined them to get through the portal to Outlands to follow their prince. (Reason why they didn't go to ally is because humans leaders were complete racists and pretty much forced the Blood Elves to the other side) Even tho the fact they have disputes with the factions of the horde they still remain part of the horde therefore it is possible that many other races share similar dislikes to other races withing the horde and yet remain allied due to the fact they cannot break apart from the horde because if they would they would be overrun by the Alliance.

The idea of randomly meeting is a good one. I have suggested that many times before on other realms however it usually ended up with me having to come up with everything just like it did on Netharion. And teito the problem on Neth wasnt the lack of events it was lack of participation from the guild members in those events. I had 3 or 4 planned to go however after we agreed about the time of the event ppl just wouldnt show up so i gave up on trying to run the things i came up with.

Inflatable1
    Guilds are a good idea if freeodm of character building is allowed EA, Guild leader has a character that hates allys - I could have acharacter thats like, meh - I hate you more for causing wars etc.

I still think, The best thing is an roleplay channel unless enemy faction can read youre emotes by manually /emote stuff. EA/emote eyes at <player>, then ponders what she should do.

If thats the casue, I think an addon should be create working simular to Gear score lite, toggling non RPer and RPer to people who have this installed or not.

But that is kinda my view.

I currently am in a guild happely, but I dont want RP restricted to guilds =P

P.S I voted both because cross faction RP can be a great thing to enjoy. Doesnt have to be PVP <3

I also RPed globally on Star Wars Galaxies. Cross faction from being a prisoner to loving to revenge to you name it =P

10. Apparently players from opposite faction can't read your /e <msg> . I haven't tested it so Im not sure.

Cross faction RP is only decent if u have alot of players on both sides.. else its not worth splitting it up.

With TRP 2 . If u have it active, and u target/mouse over someone also using TRP2 you'll some added info like what state his in, if his IC or OOC atm etc.

Its not that i want to restrict RP to guild only.. but if people see it this way, it will break the RP .. because every arn't together. And getting together then could be difficult as u Your guild might need you for some random Raid. The RP guild won't be RP Only.. We'll do our share of PvE/PvP if we have those that are interested.

EDIT #1: Message me on Milktart/Shadowviper/Frozensub/Daimune if you're interested in the RP, so i can get your name etc. Or whisper Irivia if i'm not online.

EDIT #2: 24 Voters and I've only got 4 people so far for the guild.

xlDeMoNiClx
    I'm definitely up for a Horde RP Guild.

Inflatable1
    Apparently players from opposite faction can't read your /e <msg> . I haven't tested it so Im not sure.

Cross faction RP is only decent if u have alot of players on both sides.. else its not worth splitting it up.

With TRP 2 . If u have it active, and u target/mouse over someone also using TRP2 you'll some added info like what state his in, if his IC or OOC atm etc.

Its not that i want to restrict RP to guild only.. but if people see it this way, it will break the RP .. because every arn't together. And getting together then could be difficult as u Your guild might need you for some random Raid. The RP guild won't be RP Only.. We'll do our share of PvE/PvP if we have those that are interested.

EDIT #1: Message me on Milktart/Shadowviper/Frozensub/Daimune if you're interested in the RP, so i can get your name etc. Or whisper Irivia if i'm not online.

I know fo that lpugin but I have yet to find others using it on ragnaros (Horde side that is, i dont play ally)

You could write my 2 tauren's druid and shaman down - Rifana and Zannah, Direction i be takign with chars shall remain unknown =P

Maybe setup a global /join channel too, for rper's that are allready in a guild. Makes it easyer too hoko up even more.

I am in my guild because of the atmosfeer btw =P Good friendship just having fun ^^

I saw on another topic a global channel for other servers, but there doesnt seem one for horde yet

BlueEma
    Yeah there's only one other horde rp guild (that i am aware of) and is on Lordaeron...
    But i can say, and we can all say, and we can all agree, RP is not too popular in these parts of the internet :confused:

Discobiscuit
    Originally Posted by xFrenzy47x

I'm one of the thus-far silent voters; unfortunately my computer broke down several days ago and it'll be a week or more before I can begin repairs. Until then, my only method of online access is through an iPod. I do hope this idea will still be going strong when I get my machine up and running again!

First 1234 ... Last