1. May 17, 2016  
    I just say blink made a gcd, Arcane barage too, in order to go out of a flame way or a puddle, 1.2sec mooving is sufficient, and if I have choice to use a spell who do damages (Arcane barrage hit minimum 2 times harder then Fire Blast) or blink and so not doing damages I prefer do use arcane barrage. The best situation remaining always, not mooving.
    And like i said Blink is for me not the premier movement ability as a Fire mage a good fire mage anticipate and do that I call "soft moove" he prepare phase changeemnt or larger moove in mooving under gcd before the moove is vital. As an ttw fire mage on a fight like Halion 25h I use blink 1 time (+1time per curse), in fight like LK 25h use it only if I have a plague or a profanation (never more then that) etc blink is usefull yes it's sure but a very good mage have to always remind that blink cost 1.2sec of total inactivity !

2. May 18, 2016  
    Arcane Barrage consumes your stacks and lowers your overall dps, a good arcane will make use of his missile barrage and 2pc to keep his dps high while moving such an insignificant distance just to edge something like a puddle or a flame, even fire blast crits for 8-10k as Arcane and Blink is a great spell, not a significant dps loss.
    The very few times you'll have to blink repeatedly in one fight is not a valid excuse to rank Arcane lower than Fire.
    I don't bring the threat reduce point in arcane spec
    Poor speccing.
    For switching yes Arcan switch faster then fire but for Mobs with more then 12 sec (up time of an LB) hp, fire hit harder (So Ooze Valkyr)
    Even if your raid requires to focus dps into 1 target for longer than 12 seconds Arcane will always have an edge on bursting down targets because you can control your high output better due to shorter offensive cooldowns and guaranteed damage (less reliance on rng), not having a travel time on a good chunk of your dmg also plays a part into killing your target quicker than most.

But say for an unexperimented player arcane is easyier .... I don't think so, for me play arcane is clearly harder then fire because to play good arcan (I don't speak about made an approximatly not hugly dps, but made a good dps) you have to know fight your placement at starting point is essential moreover you have to keep you nerves all the fight never moove for nothing or for a thing that healer can carry about. Un experimented players moove for anythings, don't care about their starting point placement etc and so dots and gcd "absorb" these mistakes they made, In aracan you have no right to do mistakes.
    Agreed, I believe this is the reason why many haven't switched to Arcane yet after the new core got released.
    They're too complacent playing Fire since it's incredibly easy to do well with and very forgiving when it comes to having to move even when you don't actually have to move but do it anyway because of the lack of knowledge when it comes to boss mechanics.
    I'm sure this is partly why you see Blink as a weakness instead of a great tool to gain DPS, learning how to use it to its capacity comes with time.

3. May 18, 2016  
    Speccing into thread reduction highly depends on whether or not one is raiding with actually competent paladins/hunters.

4. May 18, 2016  
    Speccing into thread reduction highly depends on whether or not one is raiding with actually competent paladins/hunters.
    And in his case he needs it, says it's higher than Fire threat and we all know how it kicks like a mule when massive crits happen

5. May 18, 2016  
    And in his case he needs it, says it's higher than Fire threat and we all know how it kicks like a mule when massive crits happen
    Aye. The burst aggro is insane.

6. May 19, 2016  
    Arcane Barrage consumes your stacks and lowers your overall dps,
    I don't abuse of arcane barrage and when I have 1.5sec (like every time) I channeled a AM to use my stack efficiently and do Arcane barrage right after.

I'm sure this is partly why you see Blink as a weakness instead of a great tool to gain DPS
    Even If I have more experience in fire with Flame Throwing so have a 41 feets range in my head. I can assure you I haven't a lack of experience in arcan on booses where Arcan is playable, I don't see Blink like a weakness this is a pretty good emergency button, but in icc boss we have no real travel to do between phases (except LK and Halion) at the opposite of Ulduar bosses for exemple. So to my mind new mage have to keep in mind that Blink actually cost ! And do not stress and abuse it. For me face of a flame who comes if you have 2 stacks minimum of Arcan blast you have time to anticipate, cast a last Arcane blast Channeling a AM bring a tic of flammes and launch a Arcane Barrage and moove under GCD. An at the opposite to that you says only experience (I have) give you perspicacity to know how many time you really have to moove, and knowleadge about the time when puddles pop etc (and DBM timer ^^)

So I really think that if you are a good and experimented mage like you says you gonna spare your blink and don't abuse to it just because of the huge distance you can pass through instannaly (but with the price of 1.2 sec of inactivity).
    Edited: May 19, 2016

7. Pretty nice guide, although can you please update the link for the specs please ?

8. July 2, 2016  
    hey, why my arcane mage with 5.3 gs always did 4k-5k dps and if i burst (with bl) can reach 6k-7k. Could you tell me why it's so low?

9. July 2, 2016  
    hey, why my arcane mage with 5.3 gs always did 4k-5k dps and if i burst (with bl) can reach 6k-7k. Could you tell me why it's so low?
    Ensure that you have at least the minimum amount of hit rating first. If you already do have that, then it is probably a fault in other aspects of your gearing or the game play in general. The guide is already pretty detailed and consists of a lot of contents on rotation, which you could try and perfect out and the stats priority list so you can decide on what gears to use and what to repalce as soon as anything else is available.

10. July 4, 2016  
    Pretty nice guide, although can you please update the link for the specs please ?
    This is probably the most cited build for arcane mages in 3.3.5.
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#ofhVsk0IzxGuMxebcZbGc0o

Individual builds can differ based on gear and playstyle though. Some people will change up the points in the talents Magic Attunement, Missile Barrage, Student of the Mind, and Arcane Meditation. Some people will also drop a few points in the frost talent Precision if they are over the hit cap without it.

11. July 6, 2016  
    I would always want at least 4/5 Arcane Stability, as I would never recommend any Paladin to spec into impr Conc Aura as it is quite useless for PvE

Also, pls 2/2 Magic Attunement

12. July 6, 2016  
    Also, 3/3 Incanter's Absorption, when raiding ICC.

13. July 6, 2016  
    Euhm... if the +3% dmg buff is your main reason for going Arcane in case server ping ****s your Arcane Missiles so hard and TTW is better anyway, then I have bad news for you: Retadins.

14. June 5, 2017  

15. June 5, 2017  

First 1234 Last