1. Grassy Orgrimmar Patch

BEFORE READING
    For any Molten-WoW staff who see this, I have made this patch to feature NO EXPLOITS TO TERRAIN WHATSOEVER. This is strictly a reskin patch.

-----------------------------------

Hey guys...

Releasing a reskin patch of Orgrimmar's ground.

This patch features no model changes, but only reskins (which means you can use this on any private server without walking through objects on other players' client-objects, and thus no GM can ban you for exploiting. It also features a modded Map of Orgrimmar, created myself, to fit the theme of the grass, but also adds in some of the highlights and landmarks of Orgrimmar that help enhance the map's look a tad.

The grass is actually an already used texture in other parts of WoW, while the road tiles are also an already used texture, but with a slightly different hue and saturation tone that I felt better suited the theme. The map was completely done by my hand, and any attempt to steal would be pointless as this patch is free for public use, and I own the original PSD file that it was modded in.

I hope you all enjoy the patch, and please give credits if you wish to share it elsewhere. Thanks.

Download:
    Version 1

For those of you who are no to patches, you simply extract the "Patch-5" file to the "Data" folder in your World of Warcraft directory, and run the game. Simple as that.

Note: There will be future updates to this patch to include reskin to the cacti and other such scenery, and additional updates to the map. So check in often.

-------

Here are a few screenshots to help you compare the patch from the original game.

Old Orgrimmar Map:

New Orgrimmar Map:

---------------------------------

Old Orgrimmar Ground:

New Orgrimmar Ground:

Soaison
    dang!!!!!! very nice! =p keep it up!

Tolker
    No GM can ban you... but what about Sentinel Anti-cheat?
    Either way, it's a nice work.

4. orgrimmar is in durotar... theres no grass in durotar.. how can there be grass in org?

Implode
    orgrimmar is in durotar... theres no grass in durotar.. how can there be grass in org?
    Irrigation systems.

Archetyp
    ^ lol

It looks a lot prettier than the old Org :3

7. No GM can ban you... but what about Sentinel Anti-cheat?
    Either way, it's a nice work.
    It's not a hack or third party program, and doesn't feature any terrain edits, so it's impossible to be detected by anything. It's perfectly legal.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone, and I do plan to add more features to the patch in the future. That's just all the work I could get done in a day.

Will be another update later today to tomorrow.

Poodleguy
    this shouldn't be in general discussion it should be in community creations....

9. orgrimmar is in durotar... theres no grass in durotar.. how can there be grass in org?
    For now, I would use your imagination.

I don't want to use any solid model edits, or additions for the purpose of keeping it legal for private server use without exploit, so irrigation systems would be impossible for me to add.

I could, however, add a weather system to Orgrimmar, and possibly add some weather to pieces of Durotar to give it an oasis theme, much like how the Barrens is in 3.3.5.

Unfortunately it's hard to make things make sense in WoW, mostly because their climate differences are all over the place. Like how Dun Morogh is along Azzeroth's equator, but so happens to be a tundra... and how you can go from a snow filled zone to dry barren lands by simply moving into the next zone.

Some things in WoW you just have to accept...
    this shouldn't be in general discussion it should be in community creations....
    I searched all over the place for a spot to put this, but couldn't find one. Had no idea there was a such forum, so I put it in general as it pertains to both WoW and Molten-WoW.

If a mod moves it, I don't mind. As long as people can see it.

10. For now, I would use your imagination.

I don't want to use any solid model edits, or additions for the purpose of keeping it legal for private server use without exploit, so irrigation systems would be impossible for me to add.

I could, however, add a weather system to Orgrimmar, and possibly add some weather to pieces of Durotar to give it an oasis theme, much like how the Barrens is in 3.3.5.

Unfortunately it's hard to make things make sense in WoW, mostly because their climate differences are all over the place. Like how Dun Morogh is along Azzeroth's equator, but so happens to be a tundra... and how you can go from a snow filled zone to dry barren lands by simply moving into the next zone.

Some things in WoW you just have to accept...

I searched all over the place for a spot to put this, but couldn't find one. Had no idea there was a such forum, so I put it in general as it pertains to both WoW and Molten-WoW.

If a mod moves it, I don't mind. As long as people can see it.
    I'm not sure if adding things would be considered exploiting (since you cant make anything you can interact with, you're just gonna go trough it).
    If it is allowed, you could consider adding some trees/bushes to make it more nature-y.

GJ overall ^^

11. I'm not sure if adding things would be considered exploiting (since you cant make anything you can interact with, you're just gonna go trough it).
    If it is allowed, you could consider adding some trees/bushes to make it more nature-y.

GJ overall ^^
    Adding trees in reachable locations would make it possible for other players to exploit. If I were to make them holo models (you can walk through them) it would be very sloppy, seeing as they are supposed to be solid.

I will be adding bushes and shrubs etc

12. Got a lot done today, but I've decided I'm not going to release another version until I'm completely done with the minimap, and have added more additions to the actual Map.

The minimap is taking a long time to do, just because of all the literally thousands of files I've had to go through to find the blps to put the minimap together, so it's going to take me quite some time, but I've got a lot done already.

Thanks all.

13. The map for the next update has been done.
    Expect a V2 by the end of this weekend.

Old Orgrimmar Map:

V1 Map:

V2 Map:

Nerly
    Hmm, perhaps it looks good, but I think it's irrelevant to the game, cause it doesn't fit into story of WOW.

In my opinion, changing the game from what it supposed to be is stupid. (It's like eating an apple but thinking it is a potato.)

123 Last