Bacur

.gif animation editors

Share your knowledge my fellow artists, what programs you are using to edit your .gifs. It took me nearly ten minutes to make this:

from this:

which is not acceptable. I am using Adoble Flash CS 5 and it is just too complicated for such things as removing background. Maybe there are some good freeware .gif editors i don't know about? Every damn editor i found so far is either shareware or terrible.

Bacur
    I use the Animation panel in Adobe Photoshop CS5. I don't do any major editing but for my purposes it's suited me well and is easy to use.
    You mean this one?

Is not it even worse than Adobe Flash. Or i just can not find basic functions like "Copy to all layers" and such :(

Just downloaded like 10 editors. Going to test 'em all.

And yes, Photoshop is still the best if you are going to paint something on your own since it is probably the best graphical editor so far.

3. Photoshop as well, although i haven't work on animations for some time.

And use .APNG ... Gifs are crap. -.-

Google APNG if you want to learn more.

APNG vs GIF

24bit colours vs 8 bit colours (16.8mil vs 256)
    8 bit transparency vs 1 bit transparency(different levels of transperecy vs color or nothing)

vs

You decide which is better.

Bacur
    Photoshop as well, although i haven't work on animations for some time.

And use .APNG ... Gifs are crap. -.-

Google APNG if you want to learn more.

APNG vs GIF

24bit colours vs 8 bit colours (16.8mil vs 256)
    8 bit transparency vs 1 bit transparency(different levels of transperecy vs color or nothing)

vs

You decide which is better.
    Application support:

Web browsers Internet Explorer No
    Mobile Internet Explorer Mobile No

:eek: :( :mad:

Tho yeah, if i will ever find myself making commercial banners, i will probably use .apng since no one cares about IE these days.

5. Application support:

Web browsers Internet Explorer No
    Mobile Internet Explorer Mobile No

:eek: :( :mad:

Tho yeah, if i will ever find myself making commercial banners, i will probably use .apng since no one cares about IE these days.
    And they would probably pay you more for the left one, while there's a possibility you would get fired if you present the right one. xD