1. This is a Wrath guide, you're talking about Cata+
    I remember killing Illidan with Shadow Orbs included in the package. You are not prepared.

2. Hello fellas,
    I have 2 questions reguarding the "rotation".
    Is it worth to interrupt Mind Flay's channel to keep Mind Blast on cooldown and/or re-aply our dots?
    Should we really use SW:D off cooldown during a fight out of it's executing purpose? Doesn't it give us unnecessary global cooldown that we could be channeling Mind Flay?

Sorry for those experienced if these look like noob questions.

3. Is it worth to interrupt Mind Flay's channel to keep Mind Blast on cooldown and/or re-aply our dots?
    The only time it's a gain to do this is immediately after Mind Flay's 2nd tick, and even then it requires a lot of precision not to use it too long after the 2nd tick has occurred, and also not just before. Once you're geared enough with 4p t10 and lots of 25hc pieces you'll reach a point where you'll decide it's never worth risking the cancel for the measly gain from a Mind Blast, but it might be worth doing to re-apply dots.

As for SW:D, technically it depends on your gear. With the 4p, or high enough spellpower, you'd never want to SW:D. In general, you shouldn't use it unless moving.

4. The only time it's a gain to do this is immediately after Mind Flay's 2nd tick, and even then it requires a lot of precision not to use it too long after the 2nd tick has occurred, and also not just before. Once you're geared enough with 4p t10 and lots of 25hc pieces you'll reach a point where you'll decide it's never worth risking the cancel for the measly gain from a Mind Blast, but it might be worth doing to re-apply dots.
    With that sort of gear, you shouldn't be using Mind Blast at all. Unless you're needed for replenishment (rip).

5. That tends to be the common wisdom, but the fact of the matter is that Mind Blast continues to to retain a higher damage per cast time value except in situations of unusually high spellpower or haste (that would only be possible through certain procs or effects).
    Edited: March 2, 2017

6. I can't help but question that when you do a dozen or so Mind Blasts per fight, and lose to other Priests who don't use it at all.

7. If u have 1260-1270 haste and the cast time of ur Mind Blast is arround 1 sec, there is the time when using Mind Blast is actualy better than using Mind Flay.
    That is when u have little less than 2sec before ur Vampiric Touch is about to run out: Mind Blast > Vampirc Touch is the perfect way to go.
    With this u refresh ur VT right after it hits its last damaging tick and u fill that 1sec before refreshing time with some extra bursty dmg.
    This can also be done when ur Devouring Plague has a bit less than 1sec duration left: Mind Blast > Devouring Plague, same idea...
    Mind Blast is also usefull when u cant cast Mind Flay fully, in case u have to move fast, in case ur target will die, and its also usefull on Blood Prince Council when u have to push those Kinetic Bombs up in the air.
    Bind it and find a way to use it, there is plenty...

8. There's not much to question here - the math rather clearly rests in Mind Blast's favour unless you have a significant spellpower or haste proc active. Anything else you observe is a player issue.

9. ok what about normal hit rating ?

11% or 14 %

10. Hey there almighty priests. I am a nab SP who just dinged 80. I have a question about Inner Focus (IF) and Shadow Word: Pain (SW:P). If I use IF on the opener just before applying SW:P will it continue ticking with that 25% extra crit if I refresh it with Mind Flay?

11. No it doesn't buff your DoTs. It does buff Mind Blast, Mind Flay, and also Mind Sear if you want to use it for damage. If you don't want to use it for DPS, you can save it to use together with Divine Hymn at some point which is also an excellent way to use it.

First 12