Obstinacy

Song: Stand on my feet

It's not finished..
    But it's a start, I'd like you guys to give your opinion and maybe some advice about my song.
    I wrote the lyrics yesterday.

http://speedy.sh/5J4yF/Stand-on-my-feet.wav

Obstinacy
    Found a way so you don't have to download somethin.
    http://yourlisten.com/channel/conten...and_on_my_feet
    :)

Obstinacy
    This type of music isn't really my expertise but it seems you have quite a fantastic voice. Too bad the sound quality ain't decent and I can barely hear the guitar.
    Hm yea, I found some kind of recording software called Audacity.
    Its free so it can't be good, but its always better than the standard recording program of Microsoft.

I'll try to figure out how Audacity works so I can record the song again when its finished with a good quality.

You really think my voice sounds good like this? Some others told me I should sing higher, but I don't really like that myself for I am more of a Rock-type, like Joan Jett.

Obstinacy
    You have a great taste of music :)

Thx for your posts.

5. Your timing is a bit off in places, you should get a metronome to click for you. Recording through a cheap microphone is going to produce poor results. When i used to record my guitar i used a line6 gx box with the podfarm software . They're relatively cheap i think you could probably find one now days for around 50 bucks give or take. Also you have a good voice, there is a lot of potential i think. I think you should work on increasing your vocal range. Try to get some high notes in there or something to bring out the emotion in your song. Audacity will do you justice for what your trying to do. Any multi-track recorder will really. If you want to get serious about it you could look into ableton or soundtrack pro or just about anything honestly they all pretty much do the same ****.

Most importantly though don't be shy about it. If your gonna record it, put everything you got into doing so. That falls in line with the monotone sound you got going. It kinda seems to me that your unsure of yourself when your singing and that's hindering you from letting loose. And please get some electric to that guitar or go get an acoustic.