1. [Guide] Shamanoodle's Guide to the Elemental Shaman

Hello everyone, as I was doing my usual forum look-through i noticed there wasn't an Elemental Guide for PvE, figured I'd make one.

Introduction:

First of all, lemme start off by saying this: If you're looking to top the charts, a shaman is NOT for you. Shamans have never been chart toppers. We're all about buffing everyone else and making them look good, and Of course bloodlust. If you want to top the DPS charts, then play a mage or a hunter.

Now that thats out of the way, lets get down to the good stuff.

Talents:

There are a couple different specs to use, whichever one you use is up to preference and w/e you prefer.

Spec #1: 55/16/0-----This is my personal spec. Ele wise its pretty basic, except i dont have Convection. I have improved ghost wolf since my PC lacks a bit and it helps for boss fights where i can turn into a wolf.

Spec #2: 57/14/0 This is the one i see most often. It doesnt have elemental warding or ghost wolf, but everything else is basically the same.

Whatever you use out of the two is completely up to you, test them both out ;D

Glyphs

Glyphs are pretty basic.

Glyph of Lava

Glyph of Lightning Bolt

Glyph of Elemental Mastery

Minor glyphs are your own choice.

Stat Priorities and Hit Caps

Lets do some stat priorities. For a Ele Shaman, its Hit(till cap.)>Haste(till about 1200)Spell Power> Crit. Theres a couple different Hit caps to go for, depending on your raid composition.

Hit Caps:

Draenei with boomkin/Spriest in the raid and specced into Elemental Precision: 10% Hit or ~262 Hit Rating

Non-Draenei with Boomkin/Spriest in the raid and specced into Elemental Precision: 11% Hit or ~ 288 Hit Rating

Draenei Specced into Elemental Precision without Boomkin/Spriest in raid: 13% hit or ~341 Hit Rating

Non-Draenei specced into Elemental Precision without Boomkin/Spriest in raid: 14% hit or ~ 367 Hit Rating

Draenei not specced into Elemental Precision without Boomkin/Spriest in raid: 16% hit or ~ 419 Hit Rating

Non-Draenei not specced into Elemental Precision without Boomkin/Spriest in raid: 17% hit or ~ 445 Hit Rating.

Note: Any hit amount over the 17% Hit mark is useless, try to avoid it.

Rotation

Easiest thing ever, one thing I still dont like about Ele. Pretty straightforward, keep Flame Shock on your target, keep Lava Burst off CD, and fill in between with Lightning Bolts. No Chain Lightning, Thunderstorm when you need mana. Use Elemental Mastery outside of Bloodlust.

Best in Slot Gear

Refer to This website for a BIS list for 10m's and 25m's

Credit for this goes to totemz.wordpress.com

Summary

Overall, as you can see by the length of this guide,Ele shamans are pretty straight forward. Credit to Barbie from <Myrmidons> in Sargeras for one of the specs, and for totemz.wordpress.com. Thanks to Wowwiki for providing Hit Cap numbers. Any additional questions or additions you would like to add please post here, and Ill answer questions/add things.

Thinking about making a Cata Guide as well, depends how successful this guide comes out to be.

2. straightforward. And hit till cap whats the exact number.

3. Added a Stat Priorities and Hit Cap section. Thanks Kimblee :D

4. why dont you want to use chain lightning?

5. why dont you want to use chain lightning?
    It all depends on your haste level. I mostly mean this to be a raiding guide, so im assuming you have atleast 1k haste. Basically, once you reach that level of haste, Chain basically becomes a waste of a GCD. Lightning Bolt hits harder and uses much, much less mana, and you're better off firing off a LB instead of a CL

In AoE situations, you would ofc use it.

itsjustadrian
    Could you also please provide the talents on MMO Champion as the Molten Armories seem to go down quite a bit?

7. Could you also please provide the talents on MMO Champion as the Molten Armories seem to go down quite a bit?
    Done, Took out molten links and replaced with MMO-Champion links. Enjoy :)

Dimenta
    Why shammy cant be the top of charts?

9. Why shammy cant be the top of charts?
    No matter what, shamans will never be chart toppers. Our skill set isnt meant to be the top DPS in a raid, its meant to help the raid in the means of buffing by totems and bloodlust. ele can still pull impressive DPS up to 16k, but will never compare to mages and hunters.

OT: on regard to your earlier thread i saw, Your stats are crazy low for that gear level. At that gear i had around 40% crit and 1100 haste. Do you mind linking your armory so i can check your Gems and enchants, along with your spec?

revoke1337
    Noodle, best ele shaman world <3

Bring back the nook! I miss it so much.

-Furball'd out.

itsjustadrian
    Just curious about glyphing, why are you using Glyph of Elemental Mastery over Totem of Wrath?

Dimenta
    No matter what, shamans will never be chart toppers. Our skill set isnt meant to be the top DPS in a raid, its meant to help the raid in the means of buffing by totems and bloodlust. ele can still pull impressive DPS up to 16k, but will never compare to mages and hunters.

OT: on regard to your earlier thread i saw, Your stats are crazy low for that gear level. At that gear i had around 40% crit and 1100 haste. Do you mind linking your armory so i can check your Gems and enchants, along with your spec?
    Okay , tell me where i wrong please!

13. Just curious about glyphing, why are you using Glyph of Elemental Mastery over Totem of Wrath?
    reason i unglyphed totem of wrath atleast is becuase the bug to where if you have anyother shaman in the group with totem of wrath or flametongue totem out and you drop your totem of wrath, it wont give you the extra spell power buff

14. Noodle, best ele shaman world <3

Bring back the nook! I miss it so much.

-Furball'd out.
    Nice talkin to you Shazz. you on cata or retail?

Just curious about glyphing, why are you using Glyph of Elemental Mastery over Totem of Wrath?
    Heres the way i look at it:

You get an extra 84 spell power from the glyph of totem of wrath, compared to a CD that is up every minute or so(with 2pc t10) compared to a 15% haste buff for 15 seconds to use away from BL. For a shaman haste is GG so i personally take that, but like i mentioned feel free to explore and experiment on your own, thats the fun of the game, when you make something work for you that not alot of people use :D.

Okay , tell me where i wrong please!
    I need an armory link of your character so i can see what youre doin wrong. Thanks

revoke1337
    None at the moment. Played retail a few weeks ago to see if it was still a broken, unbalanced, piece of crap, and well it was. Enough said.

I was playing a certain PvP server (Not warsong) for the past 6ish months, but i got banned cause i called one of they're devs **** ;\.

So at the moment I'm really just taking a break from WoW in general, been playing a lot of battlefield 3 lately. And catching up on some of my web development projects of mine.

The question is, how have YOU been. I miss you and everyone, jeff, mykey, volitare, evvvrybudy else. I want the orig. The nook back so badly. Also heard Aggression died :( So sad.

123 Last