1. May 17, 2012  
    Pherella

♦ Faildom's WotLK BM Hunter Guide ♦

BM Hunter guild for 3.3.5

"Some of the Pictures i posted isn't meant to be anything it's just an illusjon how the skills looks, so ignore the spec pictures"

♦ Introduction ♦

ÔÇó I have been thinking of makeing a real bm hunter guide for quite long time now, and its time to get started.
    ÔÇó In this guide i will spend much time on getting pictures ,so it gets easier for people to understand the effect of the spec/gems/gear.
    - May take few weeks to finish cuz i have school and homework to do >_>

◘ Contents ◘ ( ADDing more later)

- About Me
    - About Beast Master Spec
    - Spec
    - Glyphs
    - PvP
    - Gems for PvP
    - PvE
    - Gems for PvE
    - About BM Stats
    - Pets
    - Pet stats
    - Pet's spec
    - Cunning Pets
    - Ferocity Pets
    - Tenacity Pets
    - BM has lvling spec
    - Soloing instaces
    - Rares + Spirit Beasts

♦ About Me ♦
    I will present myself , im a teenage girl who have played Molten WoW for a year now, and still does..

♦ About Beast Master Spec ♦

BM - Beast Master spec one of the 3 Hunter specs, Specs basic point is - Hunter Pets. The main point is to inc pets Damage / hp / Def. On retail BM spec is also used for soloing and known to be good lvling spec.

- Here can you see that pet is out-damage auto shot-, but it happens when u get higer items gear (GS).

- Easy to play?
    This spec may sounds easier then the others specs, but it isnt so easy has it looks like - it req some skills to be able to master it.

- BMs on Molten.
    BM hunters has been quite popular PvP spec in molten, not so popular in Pve tho.

♦ Spec ♦

- Reason why i dont show spec, is bc i think ppl should buide their own, but i will explain the spec abilites so it gets easier to make ur own.

- When you know all the abillity effects of all the skills --> Just by looking at the icon then u have learned the skill's effect, and u can start make ur own perfect build for ur styile.

- The BM spec is clear and easy 2 understad, but to be able to smash out the true damage from it , it req some knowlege about BM hunters skills and pets.

(will add more about skills abilitys)

♦ Glyphs ♦
    - Glyph of Bestial Wrath - You must have --> Reduse the cd timer of ur Beastial Wrath
    - Aimed Shot (quite usefull in PvP) --> Reduse ur cd of Aimed shot
    - Kill Shot (Nice in PvE) ---> Reduse Kill SHot cd.
    - Glyph of the Hawk(Good to have in PvE) --->Increasing the haste bonus of the Improved Aspect of the Hawk talent by 6%

BM Hunter Minor Glyphs:
    - Glyph of Mend Pet --> chance to increase your petÔÇÖs happiness.
    - Glyph of Feign Death --> usefull in both PvP -PvE ---> Reducing the cooldown of Feign Death

♦ PvP ♦
    In pvp Bm spec have many abilites to save urself, which make it quite use able spec in pvp, spec comes w many buff abilites, such has Beastical Wrath which is the strongest "buff-skill" in BM.

Ide for Settings - PvP - Best make ur own but..its how mine looks like.

- Yellow: its ur debuff abilites, always try to keep those up ur taged.
    - White: Pets abilites, show them on ur screen.
    - Green: Traps, nice to have up - In pvp u have to Kite alot.
    - Ligth Blue: Ur Buffs, use has much has u can, but keep in mind that u have to save some CDs as well.
    - Purple: Trinkets.
    - Gray - Def abilites, use to save urself.

- "Tips: having a clear Skills Bar makes it easier for you to see ur spells/skills".

♦ Gems For PvP ♦
    1 / 3 of ur damage is from ur pet, and in pvp ur pet will out damage ur autoshot, which mean for more damage u gotta inc ur pets damage and there is 2 types of gems that can help ur dps.

900 - 4900 GS - Stack Agility
    4900-5500 GS - You can start gem Attack power for more damage , if you want.

Why use Agility gems at low GS?
    -At low gs your gear lack Crit and pets hp isnt the best either, so best stat for you is agility, when ur gear gets better your crit and pets hp will inc has well.. Then u can change to attak power for more damage.

Agility and Attak Power Gems.

Agility:
    - Inc Bow Damage -> Atk Power -> Pets Damage
    - Inc Pets Armor
    - Inc ur Crit rate

Attak Power:
    - Inc Pets Damage and ur"Ranged Atk Power"also called Power -> Inc Ur Damage and pets
    - Inc pets spell power damage -> Inc pets skill damage -> pets abilites will do more dmg .

Agility VS Attak Power :

Pure attak power gems will out damage Agility, but the damage diff isnt huge so when you choose gems , u have to think of what u gona do / use.

- Like if ur Hunter that like to have pet w much defence , go for agility - It inc pets armor.
    - Or maybe ur the one who wants hige dps then stack Attack power.
    (Picture + More info later)

♦ PvE ♦

Bm is sadly not the higest dps dealer spec, but when it comes to PvE its still useable, u can do good damage in PvE but it req skills and quite good gear/gems and Wep to be able to do it. (better in end-game gear)
    - I have seen ppl say BM is useless in PvE but thats wrong, even tho it does less damage u have abilites MM and SV dont have and ofc the 3% damage buff.

How to be able to smash out true dps in PvE has BM Hunter:
    This is fact that few ppl know, and its time to show it - in BM spec u see most of the abilties relay on "buffs"...and its a reason for that.

- Both Hunter and Pet have diff buffs, the kay is to link those buff 2gether so u make all ur buff work at same time for ultimate full - "HIGE damage".
    Like when Cobera Srike show up --> use BW + all ur pets buff abilites = then u have used ALL buff at same time.
    -So ur true damage lay in way u use ur buff and ofc u must always keep up "Serpent"

For exp: [Send pet] Serpent (keep it up) --> Concussive shot (inc damage of Steady Shot, keep it up all the time) --> Spam use Stady Shot.

- At same time Controll Pets Buff and urs-

♦ Gems for PvE ♦

If u gona start be BM hunter in PvE, u req good gems, Agility may be the best if u have Low gear score, cuz it helps ur crit, low GS PvE gear have a lacks of crits and hit rate.
    When u get higer GS -> better gear u can start Change to Pure Atk power gems.

- Arp in PvE has BM Hunter any good?
    Sadly Arp does not share w Pets, and since ur pet is ur main dps output it will reduse ur damage quite alot.
    and u alredy get bit arp from gear.

♦ About BM Stats ♦
    (Picture)
    Most important stats for BM is "ranged Atk Power" -> ur Power, it inc pets spell damage and atk damage -> pets main dps output.
    Atk power gems inc thet state good and thats why its quite usefull for bm hunters.

♦ Pets ♦
    This is ur main output damage which mean u must have learned how to controll pets skills/abilites to be able to use BMs true damage, so it req skills in Spec/Pet choose.
    When ur BM ur pet grows together w your character -> better gear u get -> better gets your pet, but it comes to point in endgame where pet will outdamage ur skills.

Pets HP:

This is my lowbe hunter - her pet has only 10k - her GS is 3.9k(unbuffed)

Here is my main character , this pet got much more hp, because of the gear - 5.7 GS (unbuffed)

- Whats best pet?
    Well in WoW pets damage are quite equal to eachother, but their buff and skills are diff, so when you choose pet u need to think of which job you want the pet to do.
    - Dps list (here is a tested dps list of which pet that "does more", the diff betwean those are little)

1. Devilsaur
    2. Wolf
    3. Raptor
    4. Spirit beast
    5. Cat

(more info about those 5 pets buff/abilites comming soon)

♦ Pet's Spec ♦

- Ferocity Spec - Pure DPS Spec - This is an idea how i build mine, u may have diff wiew on it.

One of the 3 pet specs, ferocity its a popular pet spec used in PvE and even in PvP.
    The spec gives buff to you and ur pet .

- Hart of the Phoenix: which is a skill pet can use when it dies to come back in life - i find it quite usefull in Pvp such has Bgs/arenas.

-Culling of the Herd: it inc your damage 3% if pet crits for 10 sec.

-Cobra reflexes: It inc pets atk speed - but each hit will does less damage.

-Charge: it inc ur pets damage by 25% - on next attack/skill it does - also make pet jump on ur taged(nice in pvp and solo pve, in PvE squad - it may steal agro from tank)

-Spiked Collar. Inc pets additonal damage by 3%

Cunning Pet Spec:

(Ignore the points, just picture i found)

- Feeding Frenzy: Inc pets damage by 16% when taged has 35% health.
    - Wolverine Bite: --> make pet do critcal hit and it cannot be dodged, blocked or parried.
    - Wild Hunt: pet buff. The one point will get your pet an additional 20% of your Stamina contribution, as well as a 10% Attack Power increase.

Tenacity Pets

- Charge: help pet hold aggro
    - Great Stamina - Inc pets HP --> bugged on molten

(i will talk about the other abilites to/ + which one is bugged on motlen)

There are 3 diff pet types/classes for diff jobbs, so there is 3 diff specs.
    (More info later)

- Cunning Pets
    Those pets are PvP build , have abilites to slow down taget , usefull pets for ppl who likes to kite. MM and SV hunter use to pick this type.

- Spiders
    - Ravagers
    - Birds of Prey
    - Bats
    - Dragonhawks
    - Chimearas

- Ferocity Pets:
    Popular PvE pet and for lvling, cuz of the buff abilties it comes whit and it also are the type that have the higest damage.

- Wolves
    - Devilsaurs
    - Cats
    - Spirit beasts
    - Raptors
    - Waps
    - Hyenas

- Tenacity Pets
    Known to be the tank pets in WoW, they does lowest damage but have aggro and def abilites in spec, used for Soloing and Lving - sometimes in PvP.

- Bears
    - Crab
    - Boars
    - Crocolisk
    - Worm
    - Rhinos

♦ Bm has Lvling spec ♦

Why BM is good for lvling?
    - Mostly bc of the "abilty to heal ur pet", like pet work has a tank and the hunter is the healer , which mean u can kill more mobs at same time w/o dying, also u can tank some of the quest elites/bosses for urself.

(In BM spec pet gets more def / hp, thats why BM pets are able to take more mobs)

How to kill many mobs at same time?
    1. First u have to make mobs aggro ur pet instead of urself, which mean let the pet hit bit on mob before u heal it.
    2. Swift pets taged to another mob, let it hit 1-2 times then pull another one.
    3. When u have 3-4 mobs / dont forget to heal pet sometimes, if it DPS pet it req more heal then tank pet.
    4. Hit the same mob that pet is atking.
    5. If u get agro from -> use trap -> run away from mob while pet tries to catch up -> slow down the mob to make pet get agro.
    6. If u have Feigth Dead ability Use it.

♦ Soloing Instances ♦
    Soloing instances is not so popular in molten wow, more used in retail wow, in retail pets are able to solo instances such has ICC and other hige lvl instaces.
    But on molten it dont work quite well , mostly bc pets dont get buffs ..and also some bugs w pet's HP.
    - But has lvl 80 you are able to solo some lvl 70 raids and instaces below that lvl.
    (Instaces/Raid that are solo able - add them later)

♦ Rare and Spirit beasts ♦
    Some roll Bm Cuz of those pretty looking rares and spirit beasts, to be able to use pets other hunter specs dont allow you to use, such has Spirit beast, chimearea, core hound...

I myself are a Spirit Beast collector and its one of the reasons why i do play BM, i love collect rares. mosly bc u have work hard to get them.

- Rare respawn timer: - Rare beasts have Re-spawner of 6- 12 hrs, some of the lower lvl rares have less hrs. (So it may take time to get one, unless ur lucky one)

- Faildom's Spirit Beast Guide Click here -

2. May 17, 2012  
    Though I think you're wrong on many of the things you say, I believe you've done a good job on this guide.

Your english is still fairly bad, and that just won't do for guides when a person's understanding depends on your ability to equivocate your ideas.

I will PM you with some grammar corrections later tonight, so people that aren't used to reading how you speak can understand what you say a little easier.

3. May 18, 2012  
    As donorbashed said, I also disagree with using certain aspects of this, mostly due to the fact that the spec you posted may or may not be PVP or PVE, and while some may say there is no diffrence, I believe Improved aspec>Endurance Training.

I also disagree with saying that your pet is your main source of damage, as that is not entirely true, in early gear, it will indeed be the best, however, as you get higher gear level, more and more damage comes from the hunter, thus the Arp stacking in higher PVE gear. Many may disagree, but that's just my opinion with some evidence to back it up.

Thirdly, Culling of the Herd (I believe that's what it's called) is a 3% dps boost to your pet and you, which should make it= if not better than heart of the pheonix, sure if your pet dies often that would work, but its one viable alternative

Also, you maybe doing it, and its up to you, but you should probably place a talent calculator along with the picture.

Sorry if anything seems rude.

4. May 18, 2012  
    Pherella
    Has u see this guide is undone, which mean alot is missing, inc alot pictures and text. , there is reason why i said "not to comment so much.." . it will be easier to understand when i have got the basic info up.
    I know it easy to make misunderstings now, but plz wait to i get done before talk about the text/guide

-If you see something it missing it isnt always something i dont know it, u must keep in mind that this is half done work, has u may read i work on this guide on the foum, mostly guides are done when they get posted so i can understad if u dont have read the red text..you may tho this one was.

5. May 18, 2012  
    As donorbashed said, I also disagree with using certain aspects of this, mostly due to the fact that the spec you posted may or may not be PVP or PVE, and while some may say there is no diffrence, I believe Improved aspec>Endurance Training.

I also disagree with saying that your pet is your main source of damage, as that is not entirely true, in early gear, it will indeed be the best, however, as you get higher gear level, more and more damage comes from the hunter, thus the Arp stacking in higher PVE gear. Many may disagree, but that's just my opinion with some evidence to back it up.

Thirdly, Culling of the Herd (I believe that's what it's called) is a 3% dps boost to your pet and you, which should make it= if not better than heart of the pheonix, sure if your pet dies often that would work, but its one viable alternative

Also, you maybe doing it, and its up to you, but you should probably place a talent calculator along with the picture.

Sorry if anything seems rude.
    I said I agreed with most of what he said. Not the opposite o_o.
    Has u see this guide is undone, which mean alot is missing, inc alot pictures and text. , there is reason why i said "not to comment so much.." . it will be easier to understand when i have got the basic info up.
    I know it easy to make misunderstings now, but plz wait to i get done before talk about the text/guide

-If you see something it missing it isnt always something i dont know it, u must keep in mind that this is half done work, has u may read i work on this guide on the foum, mostly guides are done when they get posted so i can understad if u dont have read the red text..you may tho this one was.
    The fact that it is "undone" as you say, doesn't change the fact that what's there now is at least partially incorrect. But from experience, I know you'll just deny it, so I didn't bother.

6. May 18, 2012  
    Pherella
    I said I agreed with most of what he said. Not the opposite o_o.

The fact that it is "undone" as you say, doesn't change the fact that what's there now is at least partially incorrect. But from experience, I know you'll just deny it, so I didn't bother.
    Well everything i write is incorrect for you so it isnt something new.

- You can find the "basic facts" in google , so it isnt something i have just made up >_>' i have only writen it in my wiew.

7. May 18, 2012  
    Well everything is incorrect for you so it isnt something new.

- You can find the "basic facts" in google , so it isnt something i have just made up >_>' i have only writen it in my wiew.
    If most everything you wrote wasn't wrong, I wouldn't think that. And it isn't just me. Countless others have said the same thing to you, over and over again, yet you deny that you may be the one that's wrong. And just because it's on google does not mean it's correct in any way. In fact, most things on Google are extremely wrong in every meaning of the word.

But like I said, I believe many things in this guide are correct, whereas Bob defers. Whatever. I can't even give support in this place without it turning into a **** fight.

8. May 18, 2012  
    Pherella
    If most everything you wrote wasn't wrong, I wouldn't think that. And it isn't just me. Countless others have said the same thing to you, over and over again, yet you deny that you may be the one that's wrong. And just because it's on google does not mean it's correct in any way. In fact, most things on Google are extremely wrong in every meaning of the word.

But like I said, I believe many things in this guide are correct, whereas Bob defers. Whatever. I can't even give support in this place without it turning into a **** fight.
    Giving supporst isnt to say the negative but build it up to be more posstive, so it gets easier to understad .

Like if you see something u dont agree w then say ..which fact that are "wrong " and WHY.

Like bobloblaw he said why he didnt agreed w it, he talked about Culling of the Herd - and the pictures.
    Even tho he "misunderstood my picture" ,(when i post picture it doesnt mean they have to follow it...its an IDEA!)

9. May 18, 2012  
    Giving supporst isnt to say the negative but build it up to be more posstive, so it gets easier to understad .

Like if you see something u dont agree w then say ..which fact that are "wrong " and WHY.

Like bobloblaw he said why he didnt agreed w it, he talked about Culling of the Herd - and the pictures.
    Even tho he "misunderstood my picture" ,(when i post picture it doesnt mean they have to follow it...its an IDEA!)
    orlly. lets highlight this so you can see better:

"Though I think you're wrong on many of the things you say, I believe you've done a good job on this guide.

Your english is still fairly bad, and that just won't do for guides when a person's understanding depends on your ability to equivocate your ideas.

I will PM you with some grammar corrections later tonight, so people that aren't used to reading how you speak can understand what you say a little easier."

Kay.

10. May 18, 2012  
    Pherella
    orlly. lets highlight this so you can see better:

"Though I think you're wrong on many of the things you say, I believe you've done a good job on this guide.

I will PM you with some grammar corrections later tonight, so people that aren't used to reading how you speak can understand what you say a little easier."

Kay.
    Its the same has say my guild is wrong bc of my english, i know my english isnt the best. but u dont have 2 say it over and over. maybe add some balance between the negative and posstive had been better?

And now a question i have always thinked of, why do u always reply and post on thread/texts i have made ? cuz i havent seen u reply on the other threads on hunter forums..o.0

11. May 19, 2012  
    Comeon donornoob, i taught you to be a good hunter by telling you some magic words "Get better" now show me some respect.

Also, I didnt say you disagreed entirely, however i will quote these words:

Though I think you're wrong on many of the things you say, I believe you've done a good job on this guide.
    On the pictures, I know you're making a guide, but I'm just posting more based on theorycrafting+personal experience on the fact that I look at each talent individually and choose the one that increases dps. If you look at molten MOST people just go to google or forums for a spec, copy and paste onto hunter, and so that's why explanation might help out, even if they dont read it at first, they may come back and read. Like say cobra strikes which is good for dps even if it lowers the amount of damage per hit by explaining that more hits=more crits, or that 5/5 frenzy is stupid because once it stacks on, it stays up so having 5/5 is a big waste of talent points than say 2/5 or 3/5

12. May 19, 2012  
    Pherella
    Comeon donornoob, i taught you to be a good hunter by telling you some magic words "Get better" now show me some respect.

Also, I didnt say you disagreed entirely, however i will quote these words:

On the pictures, I know you're making a guide, but I'm just posting more based on theorycrafting+personal experience on the fact that I look at each talent individually and choose the one that increases dps. If you look at molten MOST people just go to google or forums for a spec, copy and paste onto hunter, and so that's why explanation might help out, even if they dont read it at first, they may come back and read. Like say cobra strikes which is good for dps even if it lowers the amount of damage per hit by explaining that more hits=more crits, or that 5/5 frenzy is stupid because once it stacks on, it stays up so having 5/5 is a big waste of talent points than say 2/5 or 3/5
    "Well those pictures i posted isn't meant to be anything it's just an illusion how the skills looks alike" .

- I want ppl to build their own specs , i will only give info about the effect of each skill... Makes the game more fun insteed of following someones foodsteps.
    Ppl arent stupid , i beleve many have alredy made their fk own build before they read this **** XD

13. May 20, 2012  
    Pherella
    i wouldn't be able to add more text this week, cuz of school, so gotta wait to next weekend w the pet abilities xD

14. May 26, 2012  
    Pherella
    *Jump*.................................................. ...........................

15. May 30, 2012  
    grande
    what resli and and trinket you got?

123 Last