1. soo... is there any reason demonology is better than affliction on molten DESPITE the bugged felguard and rolling haste with corruption? Even on retail, affli was better, and demo was only used for the SP buff. Maybe you're just not very good at managing the execute phase affliction has.
    Reasons :

1. Bugged Corruption Rolling
    2. Bugged Soul Siphon (talent 2/2)
    3. Eradication proc is way too random on Molten, sometimes you go through entire fights without it proccing even once (idk how this happens, but im pretty sure it must be some bug)
    4. The penalty for dropping corruption is massive (almost a 3-5k DPS penalty)
    5. Due to the 5sec corruption bug, attacking multiple targets isnt possible, which is sorta the main appeal of affliction

5second corruptions are the only way affli can do extraordinary dps, but that that point a single delay can mess u up, and i play on Lagnaros. At 5secs corruption affliction is actually harder to play than demo. These days i find demo so easy to play its madness

2. it's more than enough of a reason, what are you talking about? You think that playing at 85% of your potential is OK when Aff can play at 95% and Destro - at 99%.

Demo can never beat Aff in DPS, considering same gear & skill. Demo is designed to be a support DPS tree, like Arms. Sure, Demo (and Arms) can do competitive DPS, but it will never surpass Aff. Stacking haste & crit and acting like you're a Fire Mage (keeping up DoTs and using one main nuke and one proc) won't make you top DPS.

On Molten, Destro is the most working spec. The only bad bug it has is inaccurate pet scaling (a general class bug), which affects your overall output by very little - that's all.

I'm not saying you should avoid Demo. I'm just saying that if you're after DPS, you shouldn't think that Demo is the way to go, which is how currently 90% of the Warlocks think on Molten.

As for the guide - there is a better Demo guide out here instead of this wall of text. Not to mention the mistakes in it. I appreciate the effort, but it was a waste of time making it, sadly.

Urukago @ Ragnaros
    U ****ing twat. I don 't know much bout demo's bugs in molten. What i know for sure is that this guide is almost perfect and if u don't know how to respect others GTFO! Guide got Sections, Explanations, Links, Photos... what else a nazi kid like u need in a guide? About the "wall of text" comment, u should learn that text is the most precise way to explain something. Also visit urmumisapig.com for more infos.

3. U ****ing twat. I don 't know much bout demo's bugs in molten. What i know for sure is that this guide is almost perfect and if u don't know how to respect others GTFO! Guide got Sections, Explanations, Links, Photos... what else a nazi kid like u need in a guide? About the "wall of text" comment, u should learn that text is the most precise way to explain something. Also visit urmumisapig.com for more infos.
    agreed, maybe he dont know how to play warlocks

4. agreed, maybe he dont know how to play warlocks
    Me? I don't know, mate. I used to be the best Demo Warlock on Ragnaros for a good year or so. If you've played Horde around 2012-2013 and you don't know the name Urukago, then you shouldn't even post here :D jkjk

The guide being well-structured doesn't mean it's a good guide. It has mistakes in it, the talents themselves are also wrong. There already is a far better and proven guide on these forums and that was my main point in my post earlier.

As for stats, Demonology is played properly with haste & spirit, not haste & crit - leave that to Mages. You have to understand your job is not DPS - it's Demonic Pact. The reason a serious raiding guild would take you for their 25-mans is NOT your DPS (because there are far better DPS classes/specs out there) - it's Demonic Pact.

My usual SP was 4.2k and at one point with procs etc I could reach >7k SP. This means a raid-wide 700 SP boost, and this cannot be compared to the extra 2-3k DPS you will squeeze by going Mage-ish.

5. Me? I don't know, mate. I used to be the best Demo Warlock on Ragnaros for a good year or so. If you've played Horde around 2012-2013 and you don't know the name Urukago, then you shouldn't even post here :D jkjk

The guide being well-structured doesn't mean it's a good guide. It has mistakes in it, the talents themselves are also wrong. There already is a far better and proven guide on these forums and that was my main point in my post earlier.

As for stats, Demonology is played properly with haste & spirit, not haste & crit - leave that to Mages. You have to understand your job is not DPS - it's Demonic Pact. The reason a serious raiding guild would take you for their 25-mans is NOT your DPS (because there are far better DPS classes/specs out there) - it's Demonic Pact.

My usual SP was 4.2k and at one point with procs etc I could reach >7k SP. This means a raid-wide 700 SP boost, and this cannot be compared to the extra 2-3k DPS you will squeeze by going Mage-ish.
    How much crit is an appropriate trade off though? Got to have crit in the first place to proc DemoPact. If the spec is wrong, could you provide an appropriate one? My instinct tells me Improved Demonic Tactics would have a LOT higher value with spirit stacking.

6. How much crit is an appropriate trade off though? Got to have crit in the first place to proc DemoPact. If the spec is wrong, could you provide an appropriate one? My instinct tells me Improved Demonic Tactics would have a LOT higher value with spirit stacking.
    Optimal spec: http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/w...00000000000000

Haste is always better than crit until you start to get to around 1500 haste. Don't worry about procing demonic pact, once it procs, as long as your pet keeps attacking, you will never drop the buff.

7. Just wanted to bump this cause I really enjoy this guide. *****s complaining that's it's a wall of text are just simple minded picks that don't want variation they just want to be told how to play.

8. July 8, 2015  
    Sindys trink vs DFO, why I see so many locks around with philatecary?
    Also, you can cast only 1 meta during a fight, where BL is initiated at the start of the fight (e.g. Rotface, Saurfang, Toravon) - demo with bl at start vs demo on decimation, which one is better? p.s. that's assuming, that you get full 36 sec metas on both occassions.

9. Hello,

Guys, have 2 questions:
    1. Bigger dps doing afl or demo (with same gear), just intresting :)
    2. How much [urza] you doing dps with demo (including 10,25 man icc ?) with this gear and talents?

Ty for answers. :)

10. :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3
    :D :D :D :D :D :D

Did a tween girl edit this before it was submitted?

11. Sup, pretty interested in haste section of guide.
    220 haste rating is 6.7% cast time reducing, if we compare to 4.79% benefited from crit, numbers are greater with haste rating.
    Than i wanna check your calculations and made it looks more clear for myself, so built some graphics: reducing cast time of SB with haste rating full view on left, and section that can be aquired at right.
    http://s2.1pic.org/files/2018/03/15/...599204808b.jpg
    And this is very close to linear progression, so 200 haste at start not differs a lot from 200 haste with 1400+ haste rating.
    Only question left to compare 1% of crit and 1% of haste. I taked for example 50 casts of SB with 9k hit:
    1) 50% haste. We will have 75 SB instead of 50. So 75*9k=675k
    2) 50% crit. Crit modifier 2x (with talent). 25 normal SB + 25 crit x2.=675k
    It didn't take into account dots, but for demo overall dmg from them is pretty low. Also stat weight of haste greater thean crit according to EJ.
    So why not ez priority Hit(till caped)>SP>haste>crit>spirit, until SB will reach GCD under Bloodlust.

12. So why not ez priority Hit(till caped)>SP>haste>crit>spirit, until SB will reach GCD under Bloodlust.
    As a BiS Demo Lock Spirit should be on par with Crit, if not slightly better than it. This is in terms of only personal DPS, which means factoring the raid DPS increase from Spirit into the matter in fact makes it straight up better.

13. Then all warlock need to stop pet with trinqet prock, ignore hit capp, and equip full spirit. But nobody doing so.

14. I said that Spirit was better than Crit on the merit of its personal DPS contribution alone. Which means even if you built your toon's gear with only personal DPS in mind, you'd still favour Spirit over Crit. This should be true even running a spec with 2/3 Improved Demonic Tactics.

15. Then all warlock need to stop pet with trinqet prock
    During progression on Lordaeron, there were several Warlocks doing exactly that. Monitoring their SP and stopping their pet when a major SP proc was present.

Higher geared or buffed (like Icecrown) there is just no real reason to do so.

First 1234 Last