1. So i was talking with some guildies about mounts and i linked them my turtle mount and asked them if they had this 1 already. They both didnt have it and were trying to get it for a month or so.

When i told them i got 1 on 3 toons and obtained it in less then 2 hours the first thing i heared was, bs!, impossible, cant be done cause gm said also it has a really low droprate etc etc.

Well, unlike most lazy buggers on Warmane i research alot on the internet when i want something and there is 1 pool that simply has a bigger chance to fish up the turtle despite the low droprate.

What you need: 450 fishing and the fish finder turned on (which you should have had already while lvling fishing, it drops from the floating crates) I don't have the epic pole, i did it with the first pole you get and put a lure on it.

Now go to howling fjord and to this pool

And just keep circling the pool, if no1else is there, by the time you finish 1 round all the schools of fish have respawned and you can comple your circle again.

I had my first turtle in 3 rounds and the other 2 in 5 and 7 rounds, i told my guildie if you dont get it in 10 rounds i pay you 5k instead i got a whisper with "holy ****, you were right, i cant believe it" so hopefully this works for you too ;)

If you don't get it under 10 rounds i guess your 1 of the unlucky ones :)

2. can you give coords, and name of the lake/pool pleas, ill ty so much.

3. you never linked the location,but i figured it was the lake near camp winterhoof and i was right ,i did what he said do and got it a sec ago !! big thanks !!
    Edited: August 23, 2016

4. http://www.wowhead.com/item=46109/sea-turtle#map gonna guess the lake above skorn.. i remember getting that mount easily when fishing for pinchy.. not that rare of a drop

5. http://www.wowhead.com/item=46109/sea-turtle#map gonna guess the lake above skorn.. i remember getting that mount easily when fishing for pinchy.. not that rare of a drop

Hello

No one has mentioned what realm and version of wow that they obtained the turtle mount on.

I play on Lordaeron Wotlk 1x rate and so far, this will take allot longer.
    Edited: August 23, 2016

6. All I can confirm is 1 hour trying HF my results are:

Totals: 320
    Fangtooth Herring : 185 - 57.8 %
    Bonescale Snapper: 68 - 21.3%
    Pygmy Suckerfish - 39
    Glacial Salmon - 39- 12.2%
    Crystallized Water - 13 - 5.9%
    Reinforced Crate - 11 - 5.9% (15 colbalt ore, 12 borean leather scraps, 3 frostweave cloths.)
    Dark Herring - 4 - 5.9%

Did 10 rounds at probably a 65% cast rate into the school pools.

Will try again tomorrow, will post results.

Pretty burnt out after 3.5 hours it took to getting the sewer rat pet in Dal.

7. Specify your realm man! Got me excited.

8. Specify your realm man! Got me excited.
    Hello

No one has mentioned what realm and version of wow that they obtained the turtle mount on.

I play on Lordaeron Wotlk 1x rate and so far, this will take allot longer.

Yes, as of two years no one has mentioned what realm. That would be helpful.
    Edited: February 25, 2018

9. On Lordaeron, Winter's Breath Lake and most (if not all) fishing pools have been severely reduced. The lake has only 1 or 2 pools now that are on about 15 minute timers, same goes for the coast line. There used to be numerous fishing pools in Howling Fjord.

10. Confirmed and i guess thanks to this post **** got nerfed so much its not even worth fishing.

11. Confirmed and i guess thanks to this post **** got nerfed so much its not even worth fishing.
    it wasn't because of this post, they did a fishing overhaul in general. The catch rates and pools are now "blizzlike". Even on icecrown is feels like im fishing with retail rates. Kinda sucks tbh because fishing isn't that great in this game and not something I want to do for hours. Don't expect to get that turtle mount so easily anymore as all rates are now nerfed. No more finishing the fishing daily in 3 casts lol.

12. I have been trying FOR MONTHS at Winter's Breath Lake... I am on Ice Crown, so EVERYTHING RARE is exactly that... Although I only fished Dalaran for a maybe one night and got the Giant Sewer Rat. This turtle on the other hand... DRIVING ME NUTS... And I am seriously curious what is going on because the ONLY TIME, as of lately, that I get any crates, is when I am not at Winter's Breath Lake... If the Turtle drops from crates AND from this lake, then Why am I not getting crates. Also there is this ONE NODE that keeps spawning in a position, the only way to fish it is this ITTY BITTY OUTCROP and you need to stand literally a hair from falling in to the deep water, to get the bobber to remotely get anywhere near it, the only other way I can see it being fished is standing on the water... WHICH, NOT HAVING THAT ABILITY FROM CLASS or MAGIC or Prayer depending... Makes it very IMPOSSIBLE to get the bobber anywhere but maybe that hail line edge of in the node or not. You are not getting in the center of that cliff. I'm maxed fishing, have the Bone Fishing Pole, and am using the Fishing hooks from Dalaran that boost you 100 fishing points for 10 minutes... Which seems to me like a massive waist to do, basically because the second you kill a node your spending the next 8 to 9 minutes hunting for the next node. So you end up using another hook. I am beginning to think all who claim this or that about how to get the Turtle are not telling the truth.

13. The opening post is from 2016 so ofcourse it's outdated. I recommend going to Sholazar and fishing every pool there. Turtle is super low drop chance so be ready to fish for days. For me it took 6000 fish in statistics

12 Last