BASIC CATACLYSM RMP GUIDE

INTRODUCTION
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. I've been thinking of making this barebones guide on how to play the composition known as RMP(Rogue, Mage and Priest) for some time now, and after alot if thinking I decided to make this very brief guide on the basics everyone needs to know to play this comp.

Reasons To Play RMP
RMP is my personal preference when playing the 3v3 bracket and if you think RMP is easy to play then i'm sorry but you're sadly mistaken. The slightest miscommunication between teammates could lose you the game. Here are the reasons I love to play this composition:

1) It has insane burst damage with Shadowdance, Shatters and even offensive help from the priest in the form of holy fire and mind spike.

2) Great survivability with Ice Block, Cloak of Shadows, Combat Readiness, Pain Suppression, Power Word: Barrier etc.

3) Amazing peeling capabilities for example:
i) Novas
ii) Cone of cold
iii) Polymorph
iv) Shiv
v) Dismantle
vi) Fear
vii) and one of the most underrated abilities people overlook GOUGE!!!

Playstyle
Since there are so many ways to play the comp, i'll go over the way my teammates and I play the comp:

In general what we do is try to control the game as much as much as possible, forcing pvp trinkets early in the fight which aids in the process of choosing a potential kill target. It is also essential for quick switches to even further greaten the pressure on your opponenets. We also try to delay going defensive for AS LONG AS POSSIBLE, which is pretty much our last resort, this is because as soon as you go defensive you lose a huge chunck of your pressure and hence increases the chance of losing the match.

Rogue Tasks

With the new Cataclysm changes to rogue, they are alot harder to kill with all those defensive cooldowns and their potent heal Recuperate. The rogue is mainly subtelty in this comp due to the great mobility (shadowstep) and damage (shadowdance). Their main role is to deal damage, while doing his best to control and keep melee off his mage.

Mage Tasks

Only one word can describe the mage's main task in this comp, CONTROL!! The new changes that came with Cataclysm make you the prime kill target for other teams especially melee cleaves, so your rogue will most likely be peeling 24/7 for you unless you get a sick opener getting someone to like 10% HP. As you get more experience with being trained you'll be able to react to the situation alot better and panic less. The mage is responsible for novas, deepfreeze---->sheep and counterspells.

Priest Tasks

The priest has to mainly heal, shield and dispell. The priest needs to stay out of line of sight of his opponents. The thing I never get tired of seeing and what you as a priest should also be doing is Shadow Word: Deathing a Polymorph, Blind, Scatter, it's just awesome to see someone do this! To be honest to really have to know the way your opponenents think and look at the situation you're in to determine when to Shadow Word: Death. Another important task for priest is to get those fear----->polymorphs rolling. Mana Burns are good, but not AS GOOD as it was back in Wrath. Keep in mind you're quite squishy without Pain Suppresion, so if you get targetted and your teammates are unable to peel for you, you're most likely going to die unless you're Lord Hydra.

Conclusion
I hope you found this useful in someway. If you did, please let me know. Feedback is encouraged but keep it at a constructive level. Keep in mind this is just a barebones guide going over the basics that everyone needs to know to get into the comp and it's from the top of my head. I will be making a more in-depth guide with screenshots, video examples, strategies and more once my exams have come to an end.

Thanks for reading,
Vanalyne.