1. June 8, 2012  
    I have been trying to convince mods, admins and GMs for a while now to make an app to have quick access to the homepage, forums, armory and wiki all on the go. Sadly, no such thing has been created, UNTIL NOW!! Blizzard has Android apps, a few other private servers have apps, but not the best private server??

My name is Flo...CEO of Mad Howze Enterprise, and I have developed a quick and easy app to help all of you players on the go.

You really need vote points but are always away from your laptop when you need to vote?
    Random conversations about your characters out of the house and wanna show off your hard work?
    Waiting for an answer on the forums? Or do you simply want to check the homepage for important updates like character transfers, realm status, etc?

Here is your answer.

http://www.appsgeyser.com/getwidget/Molten/

No this app is not on Google Play yet (Can't without permissions anyway), this app is exclusively through me. HOPING, to be adding more and more updates including Guild Chat, push notifications, easy donating using Google, leveling zones for Cataclysm, and more!

I am need of testers as well as developers to help me out with this project. Could be worth it.

Email me at:
    [email protected]

With suggestions, bugs, ideas, concepts, etc.
    Are you a developer?
    Email me and let me know what makes you awesome for this job.

---

YOU CAN ALSO SCAN THIS PICTURE WITH YOUR ANDROID DEVICE AND AUTO DOWNLOAD IT RIGHT TO YOUR PHONE!!

--http://onlinelinkscan.com/---

URL scanned: http://www.appsgeyser.com/Molten.apk
    PhisTank say's: This site is safe.
    AVG say's: Service not available.
    SiteTruth say's: This site is safe.
    Google Safe Browsing say's: This site is safe.
    Threat Name: No Threat FOUND
    Threat Definitions: 1256182
    Engine Version: 0.97.4
    Host IP: 66.39.87.159
    Link Status: Clean
    File Size: 185 KB
    Time Finished: 5.18 secs
    Overall result: This site is secure.

2. June 8, 2012  
    Thanks for that!

SO YOU KNOW IT'S SAFE TO USE!

3. June 8, 2012  
    Sestrun
    http://forum.molten-wow.com/showthread.php?t=157532

There's a demand for something like this, so show them your topic there.

4. June 9, 2012  
    http://forum.molten-wow.com/showthread.php?t=157532

There's a demand for something like this, so show them your topic there.
    Go there and tell them to come here...
    Link it up everywhere. Let's take this idea I started and make it FULLBLOWN!

5. June 9, 2012  

6. June 9, 2012  
    Yes, for right now it is a glorified web browser. Not the full native app just yet.

Working a few kinks around and starting over, this time running push notifications and more...
    As well as a reminder for vote points. xD

7. as i posted before on this subject ( the topic seems to be removed :S ), what you made is just a glorified webbrowser... and it will remain so untill you get access to moltens database and core files.
    thus making a application like the one you want to make impossible.
    anyways nice try but impossible..
    also by allowing logins trough mobile apps not published and checked by molten-wow themselves you could include keylogging, or other "weird" permissions which would comprimise account security.
    (your app seems clean though)

to make this work you have to write a complete new api that interacts with the cores of both emulators(cata and wotlk dont work on the same emu). and due to them being written in c++ its not easy to create certain hooks for them which would be secure enough that reverse engineering of the app would comprimise the servers security. also there was a suggestion to make a auctionhouse app before and thats another impossible thing to create, its only possible to write a entire new shell around the current auctionhouse api and make it interactive but again security issues and 2 cores = not possible.

the only thing remotely possible with a app would be a armory but again you need the access to the database to "read" the files otherwise you need to create a app that leeches the data from the website and than convert it to your application.. which would turn out to be a glorified webbrowser again..

for the forums they could use the vbulletin tapatalk converter but the mods stated before that they didnt care about mobile interaction on the forums and that people were spamming enough as it was at this time from their pc's and if they could post on the go from their phone's alot more "offtopic" posts were going to be made which required more modding, meaning more work for the mods... so not a option.
    As a fellow programmer, your argument isn't completely valid. I developed the Unofficial Molten Launcher (In my sig) and there are many ways to get around actually interfacing with any databases whatsoever. Molten has a lot of resources on their website which can be used via simple HTML manipulation. If you know enough about Java and HTML this task is far less daunting than you're making it seem. It is completely possible (Besides a mobile auction house and guild chat) to do anything that he has described. IN no way would you need to know C++ or know how any of the cores work. Although if you did most everything Molten has is posted in the most up to date Trinity revisions, besides small in-house projects such as quests and PvP and boss scripts.

As for right now, yes this is just a glorified web browser. If a real mobile app will be developed an experienced Java programmer that actually knows how to use Eclipse and is familiar with the Android SDK will have to make it.

8. As a fellow programmer, your argument isn't completely valid. I developed the Unofficial Molten Launcher (In my sig) and there are many ways to get around actually interfacing with any databases whatsoever. Molten has a lot of resources on their website which can be used via simple HTML manipulation. If you know enough about Java and HTML this task is far less daunting than you're making it seem. It is completely possible (Besides a mobile auction house and guild chat) to do anything that he has described. IN no way would you need to know C++ or know how any of the cores work. Although if you did most everything Molten has is posted in the most up to date Trinity revisions, besides small in-house projects such as quests and PvP and boss scripts.
    I know how to program in Java and many more. I have developed entire ROMs and more for Androids, which a fellow programmer should know isn't easy. A full scale Molten App isn't impossible.

As for right now, yes this is just a glorified web browser. If a real mobile app will be developed an experienced Java programmer that actually knows how to use Eclipse and is familiar with the Android SDK will have to make it.
    Yes, I am very familiar with both of those platforms, and I will say...this app is very possible people.

I made this unofficial app as an example of what can be done but Molten refuses to do (Which is understandable atm). I am more than willing to do this.
    As for the Guild Chat, Auction House, etc. it's very easy... only problem is getting just that portion of the interface to database, which won't be happening any time soon.

I have been working on Android SDK and Eclipse to bring you guys a full functioning app. Alpha real soon.

9. congratz, thanks for doing this for the community.

10. So any update....about guild chat auction house....reply plss

skazkagd

This is a beginning

Ok first off i think everyone has made it clear that its another glorified web browser. Secondly I am an android developer and in order to show off a product i don't just quickly publish stuff. Ive been doing this since android came out take your time draw out your plans. Make some screenies of what you want each menu to look like. People will eat you alive every time you post a quick useless app. Im not saying all this to insult you but rather to build you up. Yes this app does have a solid potential.

monkeysoup
    I'd love to have an app for the forum & website but fully optimized for mobile devices (less data, graphics, only the essential), the armory and.... omg... if we could manage the AH with it... it'll be amazing (i know its hard as **** even with access to the DB).

I can help with design if this project manages to get the proper permissions.

Cheers!

13. Sorry I haven't replied to you all in such a long time. I have been working hard on my video game as well as my stupid Xbox. >.<

I am willing to work (free of charge) to get this app running and working perfectly on both Android and iOS (possibly Windows Phone too) but I will need permissions from Molten's staff as well as access to their database for Armory options. AH would run A LOT of data on your mobile platform as well as Guild Chat.

The easiest part, is basically taking the WoW armory app that is already made by Blizzard and tweaking it to work with Molten's servers. We need to get ahold of the staff and REQUEST THIS!

14. I just recently downloaded the app the cost a dollar and try to use it and it doesn't work and was wondering if I can do something to correct it

First 123 Last