Bricc
    I must disagree with you..
    Im playing shaman for 3y and there are some important things that you missed..
    I disagree with you disagreeing. I've played Resto in PvP for about 5 years now. Pretty much the only class I do play.

2. I disagree with you disagreeing. I've played Resto in PvP for about 5 years now. Pretty much the only class I do play.
    Am i wrong 'bout something?
    Having 2.6k 2's and 2.15k 3's is bad?I did that with setup i explaned..

noktovizor
    Lavawalker enchant doesn't stack with Ancestral Swiftness right?

btw nice guide :)

4. Lavawalker enchant doesn't stack with Ancestral Swiftness right?

btw nice guide :)
    nope :D it doesn't stacks ^^

5. Well I'd just like to say I NEVER post on guides etc im just a full on leecher, but i have to say the BEST guide that I have read. I can say no other guide has explained the basics of a class so well ever.

So thank you so much for writing this, tis ma rsham bible! :D

mirceas
    thanks for the good guide

7. First of all don't take me wrong i rly like this guide , but i have found some mistakes
    1. as Headshocker said u don't need to put any talent points in ancestral resolve, cuz if u r hardcasting a lot , u will be probably cced & interrupted, instead i would spend those 2 TP in soothing raids 2/2 so your healing stream totem will tick for 1,3k which is great
    2.no TP in Nature's guardian -.- .... this is a MUST HAVE talent both for 2v2 and 3v3 .... as a shammy u r very vulnerable to hardswaps and this will help keeping u alive ..
    3. remove 3 talent points from Focused insight it's useless,it's just not worthy spending a GCD on a shock in order to get a free riptide
    4. i would go for 3/5 resto and 2/5 ele.. 1.5 reduction on the grounding totem is nothing compared to 400 resill
    as for the stats..
    hit cap>spell pen>spirit>resill
    yellow sockets must be gamed with resil, ur healing output is high enough without mastery or crits
    and a small hint for all the resto shammys, remember that ur LvB is not in the same school as ur healing spells, so when a melee is attacking u, hardcast a LvB, 4/5 players will interrupt this and u will have a window of 10sec freecasting heals
    Greetings from Drekthhar<DrunKz> from Neltharion.. 2800rt in 2s and 2500in 3s cheers

8. so do i need to buy all the spirit gear and reforge the spirit into mastry ???

9. my advice is never to reforge spirit

happypepy

pvp

So based on this thread, I have few questions about resto shamans:
    What is the best way to reach the hit cap? With an exception of the hit ring, I'm not sure whether it's better to reforge, gem, or enchant..
    How do you survive alone against frost DK? :S If my warrior partner is on their healer (2s) and their dk is on me, i barely survive 1 2 minutes, popping all my cds and stuff.. Dk's have too many interrupts and too much dmg, yes I don't have the maximum amount of resilience possible (i have around 3.5k) but I'm not sure they will find it hard even if i were full vicious. Ferals rip me into parts too, no matter if im fake-casting or not, even with success their dmg is outstanding..

obelixmtg
    Ferals: Go to a corner so that they cant find your back, and just cat in its face. Earth shock it to keep his attack speed down, use stoneclaw on cd

FrostDK: Kite!

12. i agree with obelix
    ferals & Dks are the nightmare of every healer
    duel those 2 classes as much as possible to practice, the main issue while fighting those 2 classes is mana
    so u will need to switch ES and WS regulary (i'm not saying to spem ES,cuz it's costs a decent amount of mana)
    and if u need a free cast , u can always start casting LvB on the target,most players will interrupt it, then u can free cast heals to top u ,remember to put Grounding totem down if u r fightning a dk and if his Mind freez is on CD cuz he will prolly Grip u to interrupt ur cast
    for the feral, there is no rly tactic, try to kite him,never show him ur back , and if you are a dwarf use stoneform on Rip :D
    GL

happypepy
    Thank you for the answers! I will keep asking if sth comes to my mind :P :D

P.S. How do u hit cap after all ? To reach the cap I have to sacrifice a lot of other stats :S

14. Thank you for the answers! I will keep asking if sth comes to my mind :P :D

P.S. How do u hit cap after all ? To reach the cap I have to sacrifice a lot of other stats :S

i think gemming is the best way to reach the soft hit cap :)

First 123 Last