1. Never clip your rip, if you're going for a big ferocious bite it's okay to trade a few ticks of downtime on rip in favor of a high ap powered ferocious bite during trinket procs or other steroids.
    Cool thanks!

2. What do you think is the best opener, and should I go for Engineering+Jewelcrafting for the maximum DPS gain?

3. Mangle > Savage Roar > Rake > Tigers Fury > Berserk
    Shred untill 5 cp > Rip
    Shred untill 5 cp > Savage Roar
    Shred untill 5 cp > Fero Bite
    (Use Rake instead of Shred when it completely finished its duration on the target).
    In case u get Clearcasting, just use it for Shred (or Rake) and use Tigers Fury once u hit 30 or less energy.
    After u use Tigers Fury u should pop Berserk and pew pew.

This rotation is perfect to set u up with good rotation after Berserk.

If u dont have Berserk, this is the way to go:

Mangle > Savage Roar > Rake > Tigers Fury > Shred till 5cp > Rip > ...
    After this u should most likely have to refresh Rake and might be able to do 1 or 2 Shreds.
    After that u will have to refresh Savage Roar. It might be with 3, 4 or 5 CPs depending on ur crit and CC procs, but just do it with whatever u can.
    The only diference btwn this and other opener is less Shreds and almost no Fero Bites in case u dont get a lot of CC procs.

Keep Savage Roar up on urself,
    Keep Rake up on ur target,
    Keep Rip up on ur target,
    Keep Mangle up on ur target,
    Pray for Clearcasting Procs,
    Fero Bite when u can without losing any of these for a longer period of time.

Sure u can upgrade both burst and rotation, but i find this one easyest to explain and understandable by new players.
    After that u have to work on ur own to make that rotation even better with more Fero Bite usage while keeping all the important buffs and debuffs.
    Have in mind that doing more Fero Bites require a lot of CC procs, so in case u notice u are not getting any (beeing unlucky) dont despair, its a normal thing and ul do nice DPS anyway even if u just keep debuffs and buffs.

When i started learning Feral as a DPS, i only kept Mangle, 5cp Rip and Rake on the target and 5cp Savage Roar on me.
    When i had extra energy i just did Shred even if i had 5 compo points.
    Shred might hit less than Fero Bite but u will keep all the Bleeds on the target constantly, so u wont lose huge amount of DPS if u skip using Fero Bite at start.
    Just make sure u perfect and understand how things work and how to keep important stuff up.

One last thing, when u have to AoE, especialy on 3+ targets, just keep Savage Roar, Mangle and Rake up, and spam that Swipe as much as u can.

As for profesion goes, it wont matter if u go for JC + BS or JC + Engi tbh, both will do awesome DPS.
    If u PvP aswell, go JC + BS.
    If u PvE only, and u dont plan to do arenas ever, go JC + Engi.

4. Mangle > Savage Roar > Rake > Tigers Fury > Berserk
    Shred untill 5 cp > Rip
    Shred untill 5 cp > Savage Roar
    Shred untill 5 cp > Fero Bite
    (Use Rake instead of Shred when it completely finished its duration on the target).
    In case u get Clearcasting, just use it for Shred (or Rake) and use Tigers Fury once u hit 30 or less energy.
    After u use Tigers Fury u should pop Berserk and pew pew.

This rotation is perfect to set u up with good rotation after Berserk.

If u dont have Berserk, this is the way to go:

Mangle > Savage Roar > Rake > Tigers Fury > Shred till 5cp > Rip > ...
    After this u should most likely have to refresh Rake and might be able to do 1 or 2 Shreds.
    After that u will have to refresh Savage Roar. It might be with 3, 4 or 5 CPs depending on ur crit and CC procs, but just do it with whatever u can.
    The only diference btwn this and other opener is less Shreds and almost no Fero Bites in case u dont get a lot of CC procs.

Keep Savage Roar up on urself,
    Keep Rake up on ur target,
    Keep Rip up on ur target,
    Keep Mangle up on ur target,
    Pray for Clearcasting Procs,
    Fero Bite when u can without losing any of these for a longer period of time.

Sure u can upgrade both burst and rotation, but i find this one easyest to explain and understandable by new players.
    After that u have to work on ur own to make that rotation even better with more Fero Bite usage while keeping all the important buffs and debuffs.
    Have in mind that doing more Fero Bites require a lot of CC procs, so in case u notice u are not getting any (beeing unlucky) dont despair, its a normal thing and ul do nice DPS anyway even if u just keep debuffs and buffs.

When i started learning Feral as a DPS, i only kept Mangle, 5cp Rip and Rake on the target and 5cp Savage Roar on me.
    When i had extra energy i just did Shred even if i had 5 compo points.
    Shred might hit less than Fero Bite but u will keep all the Bleeds on the target constantly, so u wont lose huge amount of DPS if u skip using Fero Bite at start.
    Just make sure u perfect and understand how things work and how to keep important stuff up.

One last thing, when u have to AoE, especialy on 3+ targets, just keep Savage Roar, Mangle and Rake up, and spam that Swipe as much as u can.

As for profesion goes, it wont matter if u go for JC + BS or JC + Engi tbh, both will do awesome DPS.
    If u PvP aswell, go JC + BS.
    If u PvE only, and u dont plan to do arenas ever, go JC + Engi.
    I don't have words to explain how grateful I am for this in-depth explanation. I'll make sure to put this into good use. Thank you sir!

5. Hi, can someone help me with my issue?

I want to buy an item with the Frost Emblems and one of the remaining ones is the Idol of the Crying Moon. However after comparing it to my current one (Idol of Mutilation), I am not really sure if I want to get it. According to some sites this is considered a BiS item, but I read on various forums how people are disappointed by it.

On the one hand I understand, that I have a "permanent" 220 agility buff, but on the other hand this needs some time, before it warms up, and it's only useful durable against npcs/bosses. And if I have to run a lot and miss the next Rake, the buff has to warm up all over again. The difference by Idol of Mutilation isn't big and two abilities proc it. Very often I get the 200 buff proc from the very first attack (Mangle).

So, what's your opinion? Should I buy the moon idol or stick with the previous one. I play as a kitty (5.7 k).

[edit] I posted this question here, because OP made a list of all BiS items and I considered I could ask him about his opinion on the aforementioned idols.
    Edited: December 2, 2018

6. Hi, can someone help me with my issue?

I want to buy an item with the Frost Emblems and one of the remaining ones is the Idol of the Crying Moon. However after comparing it to my current one (Idol of Mutilation), I am not really sure if I want to get it. According to some sites this is considered a BiS item, but I read on various forums how people are disappointed by it.

On the one hand I understand, that I have a "permanent" 220 agility buff, but on the other hand this needs some time, before it warms up, and it's only useful durable against npcs/bosses. And if I have to run a lot and miss the next Rake, the buff has to warm up all over again. The difference by Idol of Mutilation isn't big and two abilities proc it. Very often I get the 200 buff proc from the very first attack (Mangle).

So, what's your opinion? Should I buy the moon idol or stick with the previous one. I play as a kitty (5.7 k).

[edit] I posted this question here, because OP made a list of all BiS items and I considered I could ask him about his opinion on the aforementioned idols.
    If you have your t10 pieces, the eof crit/arp back and glove or better. Then yes, you should get the idol.

It will almost never fall off, because you should always have your bleeds up on bosses. Even so, if your bleeds will have to fall off for more than 15 seconds before the buff is even removed. It does have a ramp up time, so in RDFs and Pvp the EoT idol may be better.

Basically, it is one of your last priorities for spending EoF, but you should have it. It is BiS on most encounters.

7. why should I get the hands suggested instead of T10HC hands?

8. why should I get the hands suggested instead of T10HC hands?

Min-maxing. Rot 25hc gloves have 2 sockets and therefore a tiny bit more dps stats.
    Edited: February 19, 2019

9. Hey all.

So I am practising the discussed priority list on the test dummies, when I've noticed something worrisome in my rotation. Oftentimes I have 5CPs ready, but neither Rake, nor Rip are that close to expire and Savage Roar has more than 20 seconds duration. What should I do in that scenario? People would advise me to cast FB, but what if Rip has less than 8 seconds before it fades? If I were to FB, then I would need to gather enough energy for yet another 5 CPs and if I don't get lucky clearcasting or if Tiger's Fury isn't ready, I will reactivate Rip long after it has expired. People say, that we should never clip the DoTs, but also make a good usage of having 5 combo points in a given moment, so I'm a bit confused. What would you do in those cases?

Thanks in advance.
    Edited: September 17, 2019

10. Hey all.

So I am practising the discussed priority list on the test dummies, when I've noticed something worrisome in my rotation. Oftentimes I have 5CPs ready, but neither Rake, nor Rip are that close to expire and Savage Roar has more than 20 seconds duration. What should I do in that scenario? People would advise me to cast FB, but what if Rip has less than 8 seconds before it fades? If I were to FB, then I would need to gather enough energy for yet another 5 CPs and if I don't get lucky clearcasting or if Tiger's Fury isn't ready, I will reactivate Rip long after it has expired. People say, that we should never clip the DoTs, but also make a good usage of having 5 combo points in a given moment, so I'm a bit confused. What would you do in those cases?

Thanks in advance.
    In my experience 8 sec is ussually good enoughg for fb now. But you could have a bit less or different gear or something..

Best action differs, sometimes it can be to wait for a bit, sometimes use FB, sometimes clip your rip by a bit, sometimes refresh you rip wit small delay. I intentionally ommit numbers.. because that depends on so many variables..

You need to get the feel for how much dmg is each action worth in current situation. Cliping your dot you loose some ticks - how much dmg does your tick do? How many would you loose? How much dmg does your FB do? How many ticks are are you likely to loose if you use FB now? Are you going to have more time on boss or not? (Sindra about to fly away) Are you low on energy? (Can you wait?) Do you have haste buff? (WF/hero) Will Tiger's fury come up?

Guides are for flawless scenario, you need to improvise a lot as feral in raids according to current situation.

11. In my experience 8 sec is ussually good enoughg for fb now. But you could have a bit less or different gear or something..

Best action differs, sometimes it can be to wait for a bit, sometimes use FB, sometimes clip your rip by a bit, sometimes refresh you rip wit small delay. I intentionally ommit numbers.. because that depends on so many variables..

You need to get the feel for how much dmg is each action worth in current situation. Cliping your dot you loose some ticks - how much dmg does your tick do? How many would you loose? How much dmg does your FB do? How many ticks are are you likely to loose if you use FB now? Are you going to have more time on boss or not? (Sindra about to fly away) Are you low on energy? (Can you wait?) Do you have haste buff? (WF/hero) Will Tiger's fury come up?

Guides are for flawless scenario, you need to improvise a lot as feral in raids according to current situation.
    Wow, big thanks for your tips. When I practised on the dummy, I didn't consider the fact, that there could be different factors leading to different actions in a raid. I was just trying to follow the general priority list. Now playing as a feral druid becomes even more intriguing. I'm a noob, so I don't know how much I will improve in executing my rotation, but I love learning from my mistakes.

Btw I don't know if you (or anyone else) would tell me something else, when I share my druid's profile, but here's how my toon looks like:
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

(note - this is my main and I have it since moltenwow turned into warmane. I know that alchemy and herbalism aren't the advised professions for having maximum dps, but I don't really care about being on the very top of the dps meters)

12. Wow, big thanks for your tips. When I practised on the dummy, I didn't consider the fact, that there could be different factors leading to different actions in a raid. I was just trying to follow the general priority list. Now playing as a feral druid becomes even more intriguing. I'm a noob, so I don't know how much I will improve in executing my rotation, but I love learning from my mistakes.

Btw I don't know if you (or anyone else) would tell me something else, when I share my druid's profile, but here's how my toon looks like:
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

(note - this is my main and I have it since moltenwow turned into warmane. I know that alchemy and herbalism aren't the advised professions for having maximum dps, but I don't really care about being on the very top of the dps meters)
    Glad you find them useful.

Gear-wise it seems that you are getting there. Its obviously still in progress, but seems heading in the right direction. One thing I would change is in talents - I would get feral swiftness instead of improved mangle. For me personally movement speed is way more valuable than 4 energy/minute, since it helps me with avoiding spells and increasing uptime on bosses.

13. I don't want to open new thread, can someone tell me why my Rogue is missing some attacks in Icecrown raid? I have expertise capped, it's 44 (From some items , i know it's much) and my hit rating is 11%. Yet, I still sometimes manage to get ''miss'' when attacking the boss from behind. I use double daggers as combat, so what's the problem here?

14. @jendah

You've made a really good point about the talents part. Thanks, I will change that tomorrow. I might trigger a lot of people by saying this, but the talent tree was copy/pasted long time ago. I didn't do it mindlessly, I remember putting some thought into it - I have seen various suggested lists like in the original post, which featured Feral Swiftness over Primal Instincts, and I've prefered to stick to the latter talent - but it was my fault for overlooking a useless option and investing two points in it.

Anyway the reason why I shared my gear was because I wanted to give you a clearer picture of what my toon looks like. You've mentioned how different factors affect the decision making of a player during a boss encounter and one of those being their gear. I am aware, that you were talking in general (and I'm really grateful for making me realize, that I should be ready to improvise at any given moment), but I wanted to ask you whether you see something odd in my build, which would change something.
    Edited: September 17, 2019

15. I don't want to open new thread, can someone tell me why my Rogue is missing some attacks in Icecrown raid? I have expertise capped, it's 44 (From some items , i know it's much) and my hit rating is 11%. Yet, I still sometimes manage to get ''miss'' when attacking the boss from behind. I use double daggers as combat, so what's the problem here?
    offhand has 25% miss chance or something, so as a dual wielding class it's normal to keep missing even if you reach hit cap. Those misses come from your OH
    It's not worth getting to that 25% hit chance solely for offhand so don't bother

First 12345 Last