1. @jendah

You've made a really good point about the talents part. Thanks, I will change that tomorrow. I might trigger a lot of people by saying this, but the talent tree was copy/pasted long time ago. I didn't do it mindlessly, I remember putting some thought into it - I have seen various suggested lists like in the original post, which featured Feral Swiftness over Primal Instincts, and I've prefered to stick to the latter talent - but it was my fault for overlooking a useless option and investing two points in it.

Anyway the reason why I shared my gear was because I wanted to give you a clearer picture of what my toon looks like. You've mentioned how different factors affect the decision making of a player during a boss encounter and one of those being their gear. I am aware, that you were talking in general (and I'm really grateful for making me realize, that I should be ready to improvise at any given moment), but I wanted to ask you whether you see something odd in my build, which would change something.
    There is nothing wrong with your setup, except that you are way over the expertise cap and slightly above hit cap. You also have only first set bonus. But there is not much to advise except hope for better drops, and farm all emblems of frost you can..

2. Okay, have a questions. I started checking gear in simcraft for dudu to compare str, agi, haste.
    https://imgur.com/a/0A4EsK2
    It was clear for me from 6 first graphics: haste-str-agi. Like scalling coeffecient 2.6 and 2.8 compare to 2.2 from agi and str.
    I decided to go deep and equiped eof belt to trade 90 crit and 40 ap for 80 haste, and also extra arp to reach exactly the cap (it was 1395 in prev gear). And here is smth unexpected - graphic 7: dps dropped for pretty high amount (like if i trade 1 agi item for str one it drops for 10-20 dps, and here it dropped for almost 100dps), same sscalling coeffecients for agi/crit increased almost for 0.5 each. How is it possible is there some kind of crit cap in between 75% and 72%. Or mb i didn't take smth into account?
    Edited: September 20, 2019

3. There is nothing wrong with your setup, except that you are way over the expertise cap and slightly above hit cap. You also have only first set bonus. But there is not much to advise except hope for better drops, and farm all emblems of frost you can..
    Thanks for your tips again. I know, that I need the other pieces of the set, that's why I'm hoarding EoF atm. Thanks for your time.

4. Okay, have a questions. I started checking gear in simcraft for dudu to compare str, agi, haste.
    https://imgur.com/a/0A4EsK2
    It was clear for me from 6 first graphics: haste-str-agi. Like scalling coeffecient 2.6 and 2.8 compare to 2.2 from agi and str.
    I decided to go deep and equiped eof belt to trade 90 crit and 40 ap for 80 haste, and also extra arp to reach exactly the cap (it was 1395 in prev gear). And here is smth unexpected - graphic 7: dps dropped for pretty high amount (like if i trade 1 agi item for str one it drops for 10-20 dps, and here it dropped for almost 100dps), same sscalling coeffecients for agi/crit increased almost for 0.5 each. How is it possible is there some kind of crit cap in between 75% and 72%. Or mb i didn't take smth into account?
    That could be white crit cap. Auto-attacks have always 24% to be glancing blows. So your crit cap for AA when you are hit and epertise capped should be 76% (if you have 3% crit chance debuff on boss, that would be 73% on your char)

Simulations are great and it's definitely good to use them, but they have their limitations - check what boss uptime it counts with (ussually 100%). Loosing uptime on movement heavy bosses hurts benefit from haste more than from other stats. (Your energy continues to regenerate and dots continue to tick even when you don't attack for a few secs, but AA stop, which is only benefit from haste.)

5. It's not, i was mooving crit step by step today from 72 to 76%. I thought it is 100-24 glacings-4.8 from lvl difference, But seems there is smth with haste., still can't figure what is it.
    I mean both my comps where not crit capped for aa, and still dps dropped by huge amount when i pushed 80crit and 40 ap from 25hc belt to 80 haste from eof belt.
    Edited: September 20, 2019

6. You are right about that 4.8% part, totally forgot about it. But you are forgetting about crit debuff part I mentioned.. (debuff by ret pally that causes target to be 3% more likely to get critted).

So feral crit cap is 100-24-4.8+3 = 74.2%. => you were crit capped. Try to hit 74.2% crit with some str/haste gems with hc belt setup.

7. I tested from 71% to 75 with 0.5% crit step: scaling coeffecients are droping at 72% crit. Like it is 2.4 for agi, 1.9 for crit on 71% crit, and on 73% they are 2.01 and 1.6. As far simcraft adds stat buffs when calculating, seems yes it is 74,2 cap and as far as u go closer to cap crit,agi scales worse and worse.
    Still it is not sufficient for dps, and there is no point gathering it.
    My mistake with belt was in quantity of stat. It is 90 crit and 50 ap against 62 haste only. My bad.
    Most what i reached in simcraft is 15046 dps (with agi+haste neck,back,wrist; haste unset gloves; pp hc belt and hit+haste ring from marro.

8. Thanks for your tips again. I know, that I need the other pieces of the set, that's why I'm hoarding EoF atm. Thanks for your time.
    move the 2 points in imp. leader of the pack since its useless, to imp. mangle

9. I can't understand this opener. What's the point of of using berserk from start? Especially with our bugged mark of the wild, he had garanted CC proc from start.
    Why not roll bleeds with tiger's fury and than do berserk at 70 energy?
    I am using this opener atm: mangle - savage roar - rake - shred - tiger's fury - shred 1/2 (till 5 combo points) - rip. So i can have Idol stacks and tiger fury rolled on 1st rip.
    Am i missing smth, that's makes berserk from start better? Seems trinqets is still up, same as i can have more FB from start? ALso tiger's fury resets while berserk is up.

10. You are right about that 4.8% part, totally forgot about it. But you are forgetting about crit debuff part I mentioned.. (debuff by ret pally that causes target to be 3% more likely to get critted).

So feral crit cap is 100-24-4.8+3 = 74.2%. => you were crit capped. Try to hit 74.2% crit with some str/haste gems with hc belt setup.
    i believe 4.8% crit reduction only aplies to actual skills not AA.

11. I can't understand this opener. What's the point of of using berserk from start? Especially with our bugged mark of the wild, he had garanted CC proc from start.
    Why not roll bleeds with tiger's fury and than do berserk at 70 energy?
    I am using this opener atm: mangle - savage roar - rake - shred - tiger's fury - shred 1/2 (till 5 combo points) - rip. So i can have Idol stacks and tiger fury rolled on 1st rip.
    Am i missing smth, that's makes berserk from start better? Seems trinqets is still up, same as i can have more FB from start? ALso tiger's fury resets while berserk is up.
    you wanna use as much abilities as possible with your trinket procs are up. When you open like you typed here, you'll lose alot of dps bcuz of spamming ur abilities with no proc not to mention pooling energy up to 70 to pop Berserk. I personally open more ecoonomical compared to this guy in the video but i asked him about it and he already told me what i was doing so he was aware of the situation. So i'd say he doesn't care about 1 free clearcasting at the start at all.

My opener is : Free CC from Buff > Mangle > Roar > Berserk ( ur energy pools up to 90+ during global cd ) > rake > shred > 5cp rip > 5cp bite > rake > refresh roar ( zerk ends here ) Tigers fury > shred spam > 2nd rip at 5cp then stabilize timers to sustain dps.

Also, i dont understand what you mean by Tigers fury resets when berserk is up. You mean like you lose tiger's fury's buff when you pop berserk right after or it comes off cooldown when Berserk finishes? If it's the 2nd one i have absolutely no clue how Tigers fury comes off cd when Berserk finishes. You say you pop Tigers fury and do 1-2 shreds and rip then pop Berserk (15 seconds unless you're using glyph to make it 20) . That scenario leaves you with 10 seconds cd on tigers fury when berserk ends.
    Edited: October 30, 2019

12. I meant, that after using tiger's fury and applying dots, i am using berserk and tiger's fury fades. But meanwhile during berserk it resets, and when berserk fades it is 10sec till reset - almost rdy for next rip to roll.
    Basically my ideas were like: even with delaying berserk it is still rip and 1 FB under trinqet procs, but dots are rolled and TF almost reseted. With your opener there 2 FB thx to berserk, but not rolled dots.
    And after testing TF on training dummy, seems i was wrong. Tiger's furry is not boosting dots here. Tried rip under TF 1470 tick, same as without TF 1470. Looks like it is not working on dots at all, no idea if it should be like this.
    I should switch my rotation pretty alot -(, i was always trying to roll rip and rake with TF during fight.

13. Hello,

What is the best weapon for feral dps when reach lvl 80 that can be bought with points?
    I see some weapons (staff and polearm) like:
    - http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=45613
    - http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=45533
    - http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=45498
    - http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=47834

which one is the best?

14. May 26, 2020  
    Rip is a bleed move. So this means that it is also a DoT (damage over time) move. unlike rake you may refresh this move whenever you want. but be careful only refresh it when you have 5 combo points.
    Why can I refresh rip anytime I want? Shouldn't I always wait as long as possible to refresh rip, in best case wait for it to finish?
    Or are there situations where it is okay to refresh rip when it is at >6 seconds or so?

15. May 26, 2020  
    Sometimes its more valuable to refresh rip even if it has 5,6 sec left on it. For example you have 5 cps and energy is full, If you do bite youre wasting all of it and rosk starving energy to get new 5 cps for rip. In thet case you can drop your rip for few sec for 1 bite. Its situational, but keeping bleeds up is important, but try to do some bite when you are like under half of energy or you sre sure you will have enough to build new 5 cps.

First ... 2345 Last