1. Sme feral dps math that I find interesting, but probably no one else cares

As cats, we want to generate 5 combo points by pressing only 3 abilities as reliably as possible. For simplicity, I'll refer to this as "The FiveThree".

The higher your crit chance, the higher the chances that you will do that. But exactly what is the correlation? Here is a graph that shows it: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/iryz7k9hdk

You can click that graph on the X-value that correlates to your current crit chance and the Y-value will show your odds of getting the FiveThree.

If you have 50% crit chance, your chance of getting the FiveThree is exactly 50%.
    If you have 75% crit, your FiveThree chance is 84.375%.

Increasing your crit from 49 to 50% increases your FiveThree odds by 1.5%.
    Increasing your crit from 74 to 75% only increases your FiveThree chance by 1.14%.

In conclusion, I doubt anyone likes math enough to care about this information or to consider it when deciding how much agility to gem. But I found it interesting, so maybe there's a chance that someone else would too.

2. Hello, could you explain the formula ?

3. I think this is called diminishing returns, anyways... There is no point to reinvent the wheel, for PvE you need 76% for FB to always crit, and for glancing blows, more than that will never be really usefull since you cannot reach the 104% crit cap of special attacks, and stacking attack power and haste is better imo because they are not that much into the diminishing returns as crit when you reach close to BiS gear. Again haste is a debatable stat for many. Believe me even with all the crit you can get, i get to 76% raid buffed you can still get bad rng and not reach the 5 combo points in 3 gcd. For PvP the more the better since you know... resilience reduces not only the dmg taken but also chance to get criticaly hit.

4. Abilities first roll whether they land or not (regardless, you want to be hit-capped). Then they roll whether they crit.
    2/2 [Primal Fury] causes your Combo-Point Generator Critical Strikes to grant an additional combo-point.
    The minimum amount of abilities you would have to cast in order to gain 5CP is three (two Criticals and one either-or). That leaves you with 4 favorable outcomes and 4 unfavorable ones. Then you calculate the probability of having a favorable scenario occur which is given by the sum of probabilities of an individual favorable scenario occurring. In other words, the probability of landing 3 Critical Strikes and the probability of landing 2 Critical Strikes and 1 Hit (accounting for all 3 variations thereof).

https://i.imgur.com/7yZIk7o.png

5. Lol no. Any attack rolls for crit and hit at same time. There are lots of examples of missed criticals while you level

6. Abilities first roll whether they land or not (regardless, you want to be hit-capped). Then they roll whether they crit.
    2/2 [Primal Fury] causes your Combo-Point Generator Critical Strikes to grant an additional combo-point.
    The minimum amount of abilities you would have to cast in order to gain 5CP is three (two Criticals and one either-or). That leaves you with 4 favorable outcomes and 4 unfavorable ones. Then you calculate the probability of having a favorable scenario occur which is given by the sum of probabilities of an individual favorable scenario occurring. In other words, the probability of landing 3 Critical Strikes and the probability of landing 2 Critical Strikes and 1 Hit (accounting for all 3 variations thereof).

https://i.imgur.com/7yZIk7o.png
    Excellent explanation. Never played a cat, but there is something beautiful in the succinctness and clarity of this presentation.

7. Lol no. Any attack rolls for crit and hit at same time. There are lots of examples of missed criticals while you level
    Fwiw, I was specifically referring to abilities (read: special attacks; yellow-hits; not just any "attack") for which the consensus (since the release of TBC) has been that they're modelled after a 2-roll system:

That being said, I haven't personally tested whether Molten's implementation adheres to these findings. It very well might not.