1. Hello there all new and old feral druid players. IÔÇÖve been on Warmane for around a year now and been playing a feral druid for 4-5 years now.

Little introduction from myself. I'm Tempesty and i'm playing on Lordearon. I've been playing in Not so hordie, Immersion, Inebriation and now i'm chilling in Phoenix Risin. My dps varried from 20-25k before the new patch, since the new patch i didn't realy have time for testing since I got to combine gameing with working wich is harder then i thought.

Talents:

As a feral druid IÔÇÖve been using several specs. from combining pvp and pve to feral tank and dps.

Pure pve dps
    http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/d...00000000000000]

PvP/PvE
    http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/d...00000000000000
    2 points left in this build. it's a personal choose of where to put it in.

Tank/dps
    http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/d...00000000000000

Glyphs

I'm only gone put the major glyphs cause the Minor glyphs is a personal preference.
    feral druid pve dps spec
    Glyph of Rip
    Glyph of Savage roar
    Glyph of Shred

Pure PvE
    Glyph of Rip
    Glyph of Savage Roar
    Glyph of Shred

PvP/PvE
    Glyph of Rip
    Glyph of Berserk/glyph of savage roar
    Glyph of mangle/glyph of shred

Tank/dps
    Glyph of Survival Instincts
    Glyph of Shred
    Glyph of Rip

Stats, Gems, Enchants and Professions
    Stats

Strength
    Gives the most attack power. For the rest there isnÔÇÖt really a use for feral. Feral druids shouldnÔÇÖt stack strength. Except if they are over capped in agility (when the crit cap is reached you stop stacking agility cause then it's just a waste of gems), armor penetration, crit, hit, expertise.

Agility
    As a Feral druid agility increases your dodge, Attack power, Critical hit and armor. So if you go as dps always try to get gear that gives agility cause your Dps will increase with it cause you got more chance to critical hit and you do more damage.

Attack power
    This stat increases by agility, Strength or by items that give a attack power bonus. Also enchants can increase it. Attack power also increases the Bleed damage you do.
    Crit
    A very important thing for feral cause our combo points increase by +2 in place of +1 if we crit. Our talents increase our Critical chance. In a boss fight our critical chance is reduced with 4.8% so you got to watch for that.
    76% - White crit cap (+ 24% Glancing Blows = 100%)
    79.8% - Ferocious Bite Crit Cap (+ 25% Crit from Talent - 4.8% Crit Suppression = 100%)
    104.8% - Yellow Crit Cap (- 4.8% Crit Suppression = 100%)

A feral should have 60-70% crit unbuffed once there decent geared (in cat form). I personaly would start gemming strenght once i get around 80% crit fully buffed and when i'm capped with other stats.

Hit
    Hit is a very important stat to be capped with or almost capped with.
    Hit Cap vs lvl 80 targets: 5% Hit = 163.95 HitRating
    Hit Cap vs lvl 83 targets: 8% Hit = 262.32 HitRating

Expertise
    Expertise also a important stat to get capped. The soft cap on expertise is 26 the hard cap is 56. Cause you are a dps you will always be dpsing from behind so you should get soft capped. The hard cap is for tanks.
    But normaly every feral druid uses Primal precision. This talant gives 10 expertise . So this leaves 16 Expertise or 131.16 Expertise Rating left to go.

Haste
    While good on a feral druid it ain't worth stacking or gemming to it. the gear that we use should provide us with enough haste.

Armor penetration
    Armor penetration lowers the armor your opponent has. The higher the stat the more you ignore of your opponents armor with melee attacks or moves. The armor penetration cap is 1400. Any point above this is a waste.

Agility vs Armor penetration
    A very annoying subject but it needs to be explained. A feral druid both benefits from his agility as his armor penetration. Agility increases the damage of the bleeds. While armor penetration lets our physical moves do more damage. Most feral druids are with the question is it better to stack armor penetration over agility or just the other way around.

When to stack what
    If your armor penetration rating is beneath 400 you have to stack agility. Cause this is the most useful stat for you then.
    If your armor penetration rating is 400-1400 you stack armor penetration. Cause this is the best stat to increase your dps with then.
    If your armor penetration rating is 1400 or higher you stack agility. 1400 = armor penetration cap, all points above this is a waste.

Armor penetration trinkets
    The trinkets are one of our most favorite tools to get to the cap faster.
    As a starting feral druid there are 3 obtainable trinkets in Warmane that we can use: Needle-Encrusted Scorpion, Mjolnir Runestone and Banner of Victory.
    Needle-Encrusted Scorpion and Mjolnir Runestone both give Crit rateing and have a chance to give armor penetration for a certain amount of time. While Banner of Victory is more the early Sharpend twilight scale.
    armor pen cap with trinkets:
    ArP Soft-Cap: 722 ArPen, if wearing Needle-Encrusted Scorpion
    ArP Soft-Cap: 735 ArPen, if wearing Mjolnir Runestone

Of course there are also trinkets that don't need a proc to give armor penetration. The most popular are: Deathbringers Will and Sharpend Twilight Scale. There is also a smaller trinket that some people seem to forget called Banner of Victory.
    Deathbringers will and Sharpend Twilight scale really are late game trinkets. once you obtain one of them you could replace Needle-Encrusted Scorpion or Mjolnir Runestone.
    But as a starter you could perfectly combine Needle-Encrusted Scorpion or Mjolnir Runestone with Banner of Victory.
    Once your armor penetration rating gets around 900 you should try to look for a replacement for Needle-Encrusted Scorpion/Mjolnir Runestone. cause there proc will be more and more useless and other trinkets will benefit you more.
    Banner of Victory can still be used once you obtained Deathbringers will or Sharpend Twilight Scale. It is a trinket that is perfect to use until you got both Deathbringers will and Sharpend Twilight Scale.

Gems

Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond (+21 agility, +3% critical hit damage), Chaotic Skyflare Diamond (+21 crit rating, +3% critical hit damage)

Red: Fractured Cardinal Ruby (+20 armor penetration rating), Delicate Cardinal Ruby.(+20 agility)

Blue: Nightmare Tear (+10 to all stats, matches all sockets)

Yellow: Rigid Kings Amber (+20 hit rateing), Accurate Ametrine (+10 expertise rating, +10 hit rating), Glinting Ametrine (+10 agility, +10 hit rating).

On my gear build at the moment i'm useing both Rigid Kings Amber as Accurate ember. I'm not useing glinting ametrine since that would let me lose or hit cap or expertise cap and would also need more gem slots then what i currently have.

In general you stack Armor penetration rating or agility in every slot. the socket bonus isn't that great for a feral druid. although you got to get 1 yellow and 1 blue gem to activate your meta gem.

Enchants
    Head - Arcanum of Torment (Ebon Blade)
    Shoulder - Master's Inscription of the Axe(inscription) > Greater Inscription of the Axe (Sons of Hodir)
    Back - Swordguard Embroidery (Tailoring) > +23 Agi (Engineering) > +22 Agi
    Chest - +10 Stats
    Wrist - Fur Lining - Attack Power (Leatherworking) > Greater Assault
    Hands - Hyperspeed Accelerators (engineering) > +20 Agi
    Legs - Icescale Leg Armor or Nerubian Leg Reinforcements
    Feet - Icewalker (when below Hit Cap) > 16 Agi
    Finger - +40 AP
    Weapon - Berserking > Mongoose > Massacre > Executioner

So you gem/enchant untill you reached the caps or are around the caps.
    > Hit rating, until capped.
    > Expertise rating, till capped.
    > Agility if you are on low gear, otherwise, read the part about "Agility vs Armor penetration rating" to decide what stat is better for you: Agility or Armor Penetration rating.
    I myself am not hit capped. I'm at the 5% cap in my pve gear. But once your gear gets better its more and more important to get it close to 8%.

Professions
    Each profession has his own benefits. I didn't test out which combination is the best for pve dps. Cause I prefer to let people let their personal choose go first.

Alchemy: +80 Attack power through mixology, when using Flask of endless rage
    Blacksmithing: 2 more sockets. Assuming epic ArPen gems, the bonus is 40 ArP.
    Enchanting: 2x +40 AP ring enchant. Bonus: +80 Attack Power
    Engineering: On use 340 Haste Rating for 12 seconds, 1 min CD. Averages out to 68 Haste Rating. Otherwise you would enchant +20 Agi. On the Cloak you get 1 additional Agi. Total Bonus: +68 Haste Rating, -19 Agi
    Herbalism: 3600 self-heal for 5 seconds, 3 min CD
    Inscription: +80 Attack power because of the enhanced shoulder enchant
    Jewelcrafting: 3x +34 ArPen gems instead of +20 ArPen. 3*14 = 42 ArP.
    Leatherworking: + 80 Attack power because of the enhanced wrist enchant
    Mining: + 60 Stamina
    Skinning: +40 Crit Rating
    Tailoring: Swordguard Embroidery grants 400 AP for 15 seconds, roughly once a minute. This averages out to approx 100 AP. You miss out the +22 Agi for this. Total Bonus: +100 AP, -22 Agi.

Gear

This are the BiS list that i'm curently focusing on
    BiS list icc normal mode
    Head: Sanctified Lasherweave Headguard
    Neck: Sindragosa's Cruel Claw
    Shoulders: Sanctified Lasherweave Shoulderpads
    Back: Sylvanas Cunning (hc),Vereesa's Dexterity (hc)/Recovered Scarlet onslaught cape
    Chest: Sanctified Lasherweave Raiment
    Wrist: Toskk's Maximized Wristguards
    Hands: Aldriana's Gloves of Secrecy/Cat Burglar's grips
    Waist: Astrylian's Sutured Cinch/Vengeful Noose
    Legs: Sanctified Lasherweave Legguards
    Feet: Frostbitten Fur Boots
    Ring 1: Frostbrood Sapphire Ring
    Ring 2: Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance
    Trinket: Deathbringer's Will]
    Trinket 2: Sharpend Twilight Scale
    Weapon: Oathbinder, Charge of the Ranger-General
    Relic Idol of the Crying Moon

BiS list with icc hc mode

Head: Sanctified Lasherweave Headguard
    Neck: Sindragosa's Cruel Claw
    Shoulders: Sanctified Lasherweave Shoulderpads
    Back: Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak/Sylvanas Cunning (hc),Vereesa's Dexterity (hc)
    Chest: Sanctified Lasherweave Raiment
    Wrist: Toskk's Maximized Wristguards/ Umbrage Armbands
    Hands: Aldriana's Gloves of Secrecy
    Waist: Astrylian's Sutured Cinch
    Legs: Sanctified Lasherweave Legguards
    Feet: Frostbitten Fur Boots
    Ring 1: Frostbrood Sapphire Ring/Signet of Twilight
    Ring 2: Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance
    Trinket 1: Deathbringer's Will
    Trinket 2: Sharpend Twilight Scale
    Weapon: Oathbinder, Charge of the Ranger-General
    Relic Idol of the Crying Moon

Just remember that BiS lists aren't perfect. You can always find gear combinations that fit you better.

Idols

There are 2 good idols for a Feral druid.
    Idol of Mutilation: your Mangle and Shred abilities grants 200 agility for 15 secs (Emblem of triumph)
    Idol of the Crying Moon: Each time your periodic Rake bleed inflicts damage, you gain 44 agility for 15 secs. Stacks up to 5 times. (Emblem of Frost)

Buffs

Food/Pots

Flask: Flask of endless rage (preferred), Elixir of Armor Piercing (if you're not armor penetration capped and can't afford flask of endless rage)

Food: Hearty Rhino (if not armor penetration capped), Blackened Dragonfin, Fish.
    It's again hard to tell you, how important each buff is as this depends on your gear. But the order should be roughly the same.

Class buffs

+20% Physical Haste -> Enhancement Shaman (imp. Windfury Totem) or Frost-DK (imp. Icy Talons)

+10% AP -> Blood-DK (Abomination's Might), MM-Hunter (Trueshot Aura) or Enhancement Shaman (Unleashed Rage)

+Agi / Str -> DK (Horn of winter provides 155 each) or Enhancement Shaman (imp. Strength of Earth Totem provides 178 each!)

-20% target armor -> Debuff applied by Prot-Warrior (Sunder armor) or every rogue (Expose Armor, Finishing move)

+AP -> Warriors (+548 AP when not skilled, +685 when skilled in Commanding Presence) or Paladins (+550 AP when not skilled, +687 when skilled in imp. Blessing of Might)

+4% physical damage -> Debuff applied by Combat Rogues (Savage Combat) or Arms Warrior (Blood Frenzy)

Since the update on Warmane you will have to choose to have or Blessing of Kings or Blessing of Sanctuary Personal i prefer the Blessing of Kings then.

+10% Stats -> Paladins (Blessing of Kings)
    +10% Strength-> Paladins (Blessing of Sanctuary)

+3% Dmg -> BM Hunter (Ferocious Inspiration, their pet buffs this) or Retribution Paladin (Sanctified Retribution)

Traumabot -> Another Feraldruid or Arms warrior applying Mangle/Trauma for you so you can skip it from your DPS Cycle

+3% Crit -> Debuff applied Elemental Shaman (Totem of Wrath affects all targets within 40 yards of the totem), Retribution Paladin (Heart of the Crusader, the Paladin has to judge a single target) or Assassination Rogues (Master Poisoner affects all target that the rogue has poisoned; he can spread this with Fan of Knives)

+ Stats -> Every Druid (Yes, this includes yourself!) through imp. Mark of the Wild
    -5% target armor -> Feral and Moonkin Druids (Fearie Fire and Feral Fearie Fire, you can apply this yourself without losing DPS), Hunter (if they have a wrasp as pet) and warlocks (Curse of Weakness would mean a DPS loss for them)

+3% Haste -> Balance Druid (imp. Moonkin Form) or Retribution (Swift Retribution)
    Hysteria (Blood DK) +20% Physical Dammage

Now you are thinking why hysteria, almost all damage a feral druid does is physical. (mangle, Shred, normal attacks). all those moves benefit from this buff. Also feral druid is the best target for this.

Arms Warrior - Does not stack with Wrecking Crew. Besides, they don't have strong Cooldowns to blow while Hysteria is up.
    Death Knights - A significant portion of their damage is elemental and not physical. Dancing Rune Weapon scales only half with Hysteria, summon Gargoyle doesn't at all
    Enhancement Shamans - A good portion of their damage is elemental. Feral spirit, their Cooldown, is not affected by Hysteria
    Fury Warrior - Same as feral druid pure physical dps. Since on Warmane hysteria stacks with Death Wish they are also a viable target.
    Hunter - A good portion of their damage is elemental and their pet wouldn't benefit from Hysteria.
    Retribution Paladins - A very big portion of their damage is elemental.
    Rogues - A good portion of their damage is elemental.

Rotation

First (before other experienced feral druids start to shoot me) there is no rotation as a feral druid. Just a priority list. Only standard rotation each feral has is there opening rotation to get some important timers on. each feral decides this for them self.

Priority List

Mangle: Bleed damage is increased with 30%

Rake: does damage on hit and extra damage over 9 seconds (damage that this move does increases when attack power increases)

Rip: Finishing move, Damage increases when used with more combo points, damage is done over 12 seconds (+4 if glyphed, further increased when using glyphed shred).

Savage Roar: damage increased by 30% (33% if glyphed) duration increased with more combo points.

Fairy fire: decrease enemy armor by 5% (do not apply if there is a feral tank or balance druid in raid)

Shred: does 225% weapon damage + 666, benefits from mangle debuff. must be behind target to use.(damage increases when attack power and/or armor penetration increases.)

Ferocious Bite: finishing move, Damage increases when used with more combo points. (damage that this move does increases when attack power/armor penetration increases).

Tiger fury: +80 damage for 6 seconds (if talented it gives 60 energy bonus)

Berserk: Energy cost of moves is reduced by 50% for 15 seconds (20 if glyphed)
    When to use what

Now that you know what the moves are that your gone use as a feral you got to learn when to use it.

Mangle has a duration of 1 minute, so close before it expires you will refresh this.
    Rake is a bleed move. so this means that it's a DoT (damage over time) move. You have to use rake right or close after it expires. always let it go off full before refreshing it. Cause refreshing it before it expires is a dps loss.

Rip is a bleed move. So this means that it is also a DoT (damage over time) move. unlike rake you may refresh this move whenever you want. but be careful only refresh it when you have 5 combo points. also watch out when to refresh it. if rip still has a long enough duration but savage roar is almost off refresh savage first. This is also your main source of Dps.

Savage roar also a very important move to keep up. This move increases all damage you do by 30%(33% if glyphed). Timing on this move is important. Somme use this at start with 1 combo point to get increased damage very fast but have to rebuff it to and mostly lose a bit of precious time. If you got 2 cp you can use it and hope on the best that you can get rip off before you have to refresh it. I mostly use savage roar at 3/4/5 combo points at start, and refresh it during Berserk. after berserk I refresh savage roar almost together with my tiger fury. try to use savage roar with 5 combo points after berserk has passed. once in a while a 4cp savage roar doesn't hurt you cause it's still almost on par with your tiger fury. just a bit more stress with timing.

Savage roar vs rip
    Help my Savage roar and Rip are gone expire at almost the same time what do I do?
    Simple use your savage roar a bit faster so the duration is longer again, then get 5 combo points as fast as possible and refresh rip.
    You have to use fairy fire only if you are the only dps/tank druid. If there is a balance druid or a tank don't use it, cause tanks use it to get agro. and balance use it to give extra hit chance.

Shred is your main combo getting move. You use shred when Rake is up and you don't have enough CP. Also use all your clear castings for shred. if you have clear casting and you must choose between rake and shred do shred first and directly after rake. if you got 5 Combo points and a clear casting use it shred first and then a finishing move. Using the clear casting right for the shred is very hard. And look out that you aren't shred spamming after wards to.

ferocious bite the most annoying move from all feral druids. Can I use it are my timers high enough. will I get enough combo points in time? that are all questions that will pop up in your mind when you want to use it. The timing of this move is very important. If you use it at the wrong time your dps will suffer but use it correctly and your dps increases. Only use it when the timers of savage roar and rip are above 10 seconds. if you apply it beneath it, it will be allot of luck involved to get enough combo points again in time.

use tiger fury every time it comes of Cool down, as long as it doesn't get you above 100 energy.

Use berserk always when it is from cool down. at start you will prefer to put on rip and savage roar on the target before to use it.
    As a feral druid your dps will always be lower in a fight where you have to run alot. or have to switch target. Cause you have to apply timers again and the timers aren't gone be on a flying boss dureing the full fly phase.

This was my Guide. Hope you learned something from it. If you got information that might be usefull for people you can always say it and I will check if it is usefull and can be put in the guide.

Have fun prowling around and surprising all those high dps classes with your dps and let them think is there something wrong with their rotation. cause not all classes are happy when a feral druid does more dps then them.

(sources elites jerk, Warmane guides, own experience)

2. Hey there mate, good guide but can you fix your Talent Tree's links? They are broken.. Thank you!

3. May 1, 2016  
    Useful guide and thanks for it .
    Ive read the whole parts , but i think i didnt found your personal opener rotation.

4. May 2, 2016  
    Hey, hey!
    Where can i get the quest for cat form? Is there a quest and what lvl do i need?

5. May 31, 2016  
    Hey, hey!
    Where can i get the quest for cat form? Is there a quest and what lvl do i need?
    On Icecrown server, you just need to reach 20 level and train it. Ther isn't quest for cat form, just for bear form.

6. guys, why do u need to cap expertise whats the + for it ? does it increase DPS or ?

7. guys, why do u need to cap expertise whats the + for it ? does it increase DPS or ?
    Yes, it does increase dps.

Spoiler: Show

Expertise removes chance for your attacks to be dodged (parry is 0 when you attack from behind - which you should). Dodged attack/ability does 0 dmg -> you get enough expertise to reduce boss dodge chance to 0 (= expertise cap).

8. July 6, 2016  
    Thank for this guide. It's reptty accurate and effective.
    I just have one issue. Could it be that Needle encrusted Scorpion is bugged? I mean, i have several procs from items: idol, ashen verdict ring, berserking enchant. I should have this trinket proc too but i fear that i actually have never seen it proccing and i can't even recall what the image of the procced buff is.

9. July 7, 2016  
    Hello guys,
    I decided to roll a feral druid and i wanted to know what kind of professions should i choose.
    Awesome guide
    Thank you

10. Hi, thanks for the guide but i look for a list of item before raid.

Can you help me please ?

11. Which one is better for BiS neck Penumbra or Sindra Cruel? seems Str may increase Atp which means increase Damage, but Sindra has haste which gives faster melee atk,

Sorry for the my RiP english

12. Which one is better for BiS neck Penumbra or Sindra Cruel? seems Str may increase Atp which means increase Damage, but Sindra has haste which gives faster melee atk,

Sorry for the my RiP english
    Haste gives RNG dmg increase based on clearcasting proc rate, more haste obviously it will proc more = more free shred spam = more Ferocious Bites going out
    Penumbra will give more static attackpower = higher bleed dmg
    Both work in respect to what they give you.

13. Sorry about not reacting on this trait i was inactif on warmane for somme time been playing a bit here and there and as far as i know there ain't alot that changed except the scrolls

14. Hi! Never rly played Wow seriosly b4 so sry if its a dumb question but if i want to use the Tank/dps spec for dps while leveling and tank while in dungeons would i then use cat form for dps and bear for tanking dungeons?

123 ... Last