Hello there! For this guide, I will be sharing on how to get Exalted status with Therazane, one of the factions in Cataclysm.

1. What is the Therazane?

According, to Wowhead, The faction Therazane, named after its leader Therazane the Stonemother, consists of all the earth elementals "living" in Deepholm. The story players can witness starts off with Therazane and her elementals being hostile towards all creatures, including the Earthen Ring and their attempts to restore the World Pillar. As time passes, Therazane's lieutenants and ultimately the Stonemother herself will start looking more favorably at the group of shamans and their chosen champions. At the end, a few selected members of the Earthen Ring and their allies will be allowed to remain in Deepholm and continue their effort to bring balance to the domain of earth.

2. So, how does the rep works?

As said above, you will initially be "Hated" with Therazane. It works pretty much like the Sons of Hodir in the WotLK expansion. You will need to do a chain quest in order to soften the hearts of Therazane's lieutenants, and eventually, the Stonemother herself.

In retail, after completing a rather long chain quest, you can actually do dailies in order to gain their trust. In here, you'll just need 3-4 quests and you're done! Awesome right? :D

3. What are the possible rewards from Therazane?

Upon getting Friendly, you can buy a Tabard to raise your reputation with them whenever you are doing any HC dungeons.

Upon getting Honored, you can buy a variety of shoulder enchants:

- Lesser Inscription of Charged Lodestone - Caster DPS/healer
- Lesser Inscription of Jagged Stone - Plate DPS
- Lesser Inscription of Shattered Crystal - Non-Plate DPS
- Lesser Inscription of Unbreakable Quartz - Tank

Upon getting Revered, you can buy iLevel 346 rings:

- Diamant's Ring of Temperance - Caster DPS/healer
- Felsen's Ring of Resolve - Tank
- Gorsik's Band of Shattering - Plate DPS
- Terrath's Signet of Balance - Non-Plate DPS[/COLOR]

Upon getting Exalted, you can buy the improved shoulder enchants. They are the same name (with Lesser changed to Greater), so I won't list them down here.

NOTE: Please MAKE SURE that you have unchecked "At War" with Therazane at your reputation bar. (At least Neutral standing required) Otherwise, you cannot buy the great stuffs from the quartermaster even when you are Exalted with them. This box will always be "checked" everytime you log in, so get used to uncheck that box.

4. How to start?

UPDATE: I have a suspicion that you need to be up to a certain point of time where you spend your time in Deepholm (A.K.A phased quests) where you can finally go to Earthmender Norsala to take up the start of Therazane chain quest. Until I can get a hold of it, this paragraph will stay.

First, do this Imposing Confrontation. You can find the troll lady at the outer edges (Please please read this part! Not inside the temple!)of the temple (try going northwest). NOTE: Please take note that she will appear at 2 different locations, however only one of the clones will have the quest. As said by one of the users:
(Update) We were able to find the starter quest.
There's another Earthmender Norsala outside the temple on the leftside, coordinates are 46.5, 45.1.

Angelfire ^^
Then, simply head to where Gorsik is, dismount and use the quest item. You will have a short chat with him, before you are getting knocked back at a random location. Don't worry, you won't get killed by it. Go back to the troll lady and turn in the quest.

She'll give you Rocky Relations quest next. This is just simply finding Diamat who will help you gain the trust of the Stonelords. He will give you the following 2 quests:

- Hatred Runs Deep. The mobs are a plenty. As for Dragul, you can find him in the middle tent.

- Unsolid Ground. The crystals are again a plenty. Once you collect 6 of them, combine them to craft an item, then head to one of the towers just a little north within the Lorthuna's Gate. Then, use the item. It might not work sometimes, so you need to scout around that particular area until you can get it.

After completing 2 quests, Diamat will give you another quest called Violent Gale. At this point, you should be Neutral with Therazane. (That was at least in Frostwolf. For Neltharion and Sargares, you are one step further to getting exalted with Therazane!) Previously, this quest doesn't work, however there is an apparent loophole that allows you to auto-complete the quest. Head northwest and look for Felsen. (Don't go up to Therazane's Throne! Although he is there as well, you will not complete your quest there.) He is hostile, but supposingly if you can fly around somewhere west of him, an auto-complete quest will pop out. About 40-60 yards from him should do the trick. Try not to fly too far up or you will not be able to tell the distance. Accept the autocomplete, and head back to Diamat.

For those still having trouble doing it, here are the exact coordinates given by one of the users:
K, i did it. You must walk west of Felsen. At 51,32 i completed the quest Violent Gale :)
Your last quest is Depth of the Depths. Simply go to where the quest ender is, dismount and talk to the crystal. Please take note that the crystal is outside the cave, NOT inside!

Exact location of the quest:
For those of you stuck on Depth of the Depths like I was fly to Co-ordinates 67 - 21, the crystal/quest ender is there in a really awkward and difficult to see spot.

And you're done! You are now Exalted with Therazane, without even needing to grind rep. Congratulations!

If you are around level 82/83 though, there is an optional quest that you can take, Wayward Child. You can take this from the Stonemother at Therazane's Throne (make sure you have unchecked "At War" with Therazane first), head into The Stonecore dungeon and kill Ozruk. Then, just turn in the quest. It doesn't gain a lot of rep, but it certainly helps when it comes to Dungeon quests. :D

Also, if you are still at the process of levelling to 85, this is a good chance to continue the chain quest even when you don't need anymore rep with them. Be aware that you can skip some of the quests and still continue with the chain since there are a few side quests that are bugged. Also, it works up to the area where there are bog spores. (Yes, dem bog spores from Zangarmarsh has somehow migrated there. Kidding.) It is the part where another stonelord will refer you to a nearby Draenei ER member that gives a bugged quest.

5. If I'm an inscriber, I can always get my own shoulder enchant that is much better than Therazane! What is the point of getting Exalted with Therazane then?

This will be the question that many inscribers will ask. To answer this question, it is true that Inscribers can enchant their own shoulders. They are better than the ones that Therazane has to offer. But, you should consider the fact that they give iLevel 346 rings to help boost your gear. Also, if you are looking for reputation achievement, this is one of them that you will want to do, even when you are an Inscriber.

Conclusion? While you do not need to be exalted with Therazane, you must get to at least Revered in order to buy their rings.

6. Credits

- Wowhead, where all of the quests and items are linked here.
- angelfire, for giving the exact coordinates for Norsala, where you can start the chain quest.
- OriginalDarkway, for giving the exact coordinates for the quest ender of Depth of the Depths