1. Realm Second Sargeras. Molten 3rd.
    Finally got together our old core and attempted this boss once and for all. Wiped a couple times but we managed to fully understand what to do to get around the bugged scripting.

ALMOST WIPED AT 1% like Blejaa :P whew :D

Screenshots:

2. Congrats again guys, hopefully the bug tracker post on making the trigger immune to damage will get fixed soon!

3. Gz myrmidons - i hope you will not get banned now for not buying heroics at coin shop like we did

4. Gz myrmidons - i hope you will not get banned now for not buying heroics at coin shop like we did
    Whoa, is that why you guys got banned? I heard someone say it was due to an exploit but I see from the videos you guy didn't exploit anything unless people consider moving in that corner to avoid Massive Crash. That wouldn't make sense really since there is still movement and spatial awareness involved, not to mention that using the environment doesn't even fall under the definition of an exploit. Having the spike as an actual NPC with 300 hp that can die (lolwut?) is what completely destroys any consistency in the fight, unfortunately.

I'm somewhat confused as well, I read in your post that that head GM guy Ald-something mentioned an exploit and for people to report bugs instead of taking advantage of them. We reported every bug for Lich King Heroic for months and months and kept them bumped without a fix, which eventually left people quite jaded which in turn resorted to a group using a legitimate exploit to defeat him. The really sad thing is that LK was conveniently fixed and working the following day.

Carnivalking

Realm First Videos

How are people expected to do buggy scripted bosses without getting banned? even when they post the bugs for the bosses? only 1% of the population can do these bosses anyway so whats the problem? :P

6. Right, I appreciate the fights that Molten releases whether they are are fully or even half scripted. Using environmental avoidance or class mechanics to defeat what is released is exactly the intention of the game. It is actually a good thing to have the released content doable by the community in a business sense. It promotes activity and keeps up with the turnover. Now I must ask, is using an interrupt or a knockback on a normally immune boss on retail considered an exploit as well, due to that mechanic not being implemented on Molten servers?

Apxutekt
    Whoa, is that why you guys got banned? I heard someone say it was due to an exploit but I see from the videos you guy didn't exploit anything unless people consider moving in that corner to avoid Massive Crash. That wouldn't make sense really since there is still movement and spatial awareness involved, not to mention that using the environment doesn't even fall under the definition of an exploit. Having the spike as an actual NPC with 300 hp that can die (lolwut?) is what completely destroys any consistency in the fight, unfortunately.

I'm somewhat confused as well, I read in your post that that head GM guy Ald-something mentioned an exploit and for people to report bugs instead of taking advantage of them. We reported every bug for Lich King Heroic for months and months and kept them bumped without a fix, which eventually left people quite jaded which in turn resorted to a group using a legitimate exploit to defeat him. The really sad thing is that LK was conveniently fixed and working the following day.
    Well the message I get on my account page is "This account has been suspended for 28 Days due to Exploiting a boss". Several members of my guild spoke with staff members to elaborate on the "exploiting a boss" part. The information is that we exploited a 'safe spot'. Im not sure how people are supposed to prove a legitimate kill. Molten staff has stated that bosses will never be 100% retail-like here and it is understandable. What I dont get is, how are we supposed to kill a boss with retail tactics when the boss himself is not working as intented? Having frapsed our Magmaw HC kill and releasing it to the public shows that we were enough confident in that this was in no means exploit. We do report bugs and exploits whenever we find such, I myself got 30 coins last month for reporting a very serious exploit and I'm more than grateful for that. That even motivated me to look for exploits and report them. Yes, coins were my motivation, I got nothing to hide. Would totally understand if we got warned that this was an exploit and not to do it, or get a 3-10 days ban as a warning for it. Straight 30 days ban was in my opinion too harsh. It would be best if bosses that dont work properly wouldnt be spawned. That would prevent anyone from doing an unintentional exploit. I feel bad for the people who followed our tactics. Congratulations for your kill anyway.

Now I must ask, is using an interrupt or a knockback on a normally immune boss on retail considered an exploit as well, due to that mechanic not being implemented on Molten servers?
    Yes, this is considered an exploit.

Natox
    Please refrain from discussing bans and anything relating to them, this is not the place to do that.

9. Natox, are you able to point me in the direction to get some answers regarding fight mechanics and as to why my latest posts were deleted when simply looking for clarification without using anything that conflicts with the rules and guidelines of the forums?

10. The same ban occured when BH happened, although everyone was abusing, my guild got banned for that. It's a vicious circle, deal with it.

Natox
    Natox, are you able to point me in the direction to get some answers regarding fight mechanics and as to why my latest posts were deleted when simply looking for clarification without using anything that conflicts with the rules and guidelines of the forums?
    Any of the staff would probably be happy to explain to you what is/isn't allowed, GM's especially will probably explain it better as they are the ones with the power to ban. You can PM them rather than posting in the forum.

12. Bumppp. Cant wait for 4.3.4 in feb!

First ... 2345614 ... Last