1. That's how many players have logged in at least once in the last month, not active daily tho.

Daily players are closer to 600k, but not the same people play daily.
    yeah wow has 6 million that probably play at least once a month. The number of daily numbers will jump up whenever the new operation comes or any update that's more than glove skins

2. I wonder what are the numbers for ESO. I'm half thinking of trying it but I so feel it's not going to work. Nothing will ever come close to my insanely moded Skyrim.

3. Whenever you think WoW is dying, or that Warmane is a small community, check the population of other MMO's:

(Not even gonna mention what these are compared to Blizzlord)
    Tera: http://steamcharts.com/app/323370
    24-hour peak almost as small as ONE Warmane realm

Smite: http://steamcharts.com/app/386360
    All-time peak lower than Warmane's all-time peak (ant it's a standalone game, with a pro scene, with a proper developing company and a publisher behind them)

PoE: http://steamcharts.com/app/238960
    Daily peak at 11k, lower than Lordaeron + queue

DCUO : https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcu...umbers.251226/
    Peaking 4.5-5k population daily

LOTRO: http://steamcharts.com/app/212500
    Peaking max 2k daily

Rift, Wildstar, from what I've read are pretty much dead...
    Archeage is slowly twisting a dagger in it's throat because of ridiculous pay-to-win

Swtor seems to be the only other healthy MMO...

And people say WoW is dying...With 6 million subscribers or whatever was it... People are dense
    Your concept of a community 'dying' is having a small community, then? Warmane is dying too, then, even though population is getting bigger over time.
    I take 'dying' as falling in population. Like WoW lost half it's subs since WoD's launch. That sounds a more logical concept for me, 'dying' sounds more like a continuing action.

4. Whenever you think WoW is dying, or that Warmane is a small community, check the population of other MMO's:

[...]

And people say WoW is dying...With 6 million subscribers or whatever was it... People are dense
    Playing retail myself, as per usual, I don't know what the subscriber count is currently, but my realm certainly doesn't feel dead. In fact, I'd say it's rather lively if you consider WoD itself in addition to the content drought.

5. Playing retail myself, as per usual, I don't know what the subscriber count is currently, but my realm certainly doesn't feel dead. In fact, I'd say it's rather lively if you consider WoD itself in addition to the content drought.
    It's under 6 million. They stopped publicly released the numbers after that point.

Also, retail isn't very fair since one realm is basically like thirty eight realms combined nowadays

6. Your concept of a community 'dying' is having a small community, then? Warmane is dying too, then, even though population is getting bigger over time.
    I take 'dying' as falling in population. Like WoW lost half it's subs since WoD's launch. That sounds a more logical concept for me, 'dying' sounds more like a continuing action.
    My concept of dying is low population compared to expectations.

You expect a standalone MMORPG to have hundreds of thousands of players.
    You don't expect a private wow server to have hundreds of thousands of players.

Therefore, a AAA-MMORPG with 10.000 players is pretty much dead, while a wow private server with 10.000 players is a big community.

It's under 6 million. They stopped publicly released the numbers after that point.

Also, retail isn't very fair since one realm is basically like thirty eight realms combined nowadays
    Yes, but the number is still mind-boggling. We throw around millions like they're nothing, but put into perspective with other mmo's which survive off of 5% of what WoW is earning, you realize it's a huge lot.

7. It's under 6 million. They stopped publicly released the numbers after that point.

That's a fair point, though the cross-realm zones are restricted to certain regions for the most part. I mean, each realm is linked with realms in its own region (again, for the most part; I imagine there are exceptions). Korgath is linked with something like 5 or 6 other realms in the world (not referencing cities).

8. There's so many languages you can't just marginalize a nation and say they're the worst...
    Not sure what their language has to do with the Russia being by far the worst nation to play a video game with. Even their E-sport teams (atleast the dota ones) got a terrible reputation. And from the amount of CS:go I played lately, they live up to their reputation in that game as well. While the french I usually encounter are quite bad at w.e game I'm playing (not always, obviously) they at least speak english.
    Russia have their own servers on League... which is nice.
    They do have their own server in dota as well, but apparently they don't don't give enough of a **** to play on it.
    My concept of dying is low population compared to expectations.

You expect a standalone MMORPG to have hundreds of thousands of players.
    You don't expect a private wow server to have hundreds of thousands of players.

Therefore, a AAA-MMORPG with 10.000 players is pretty much dead, while a wow private server with 10.000 players is a big community.
    This logic is incredibly flawed. Where does an MMO become a triple A release for you? You throw private servers into the room as if they aren't a tripple A MMO to begin with, the difference is that they don't have any budget for marketing due to being a smaller company. Which doesn't mean that the MMO you offering isn't a triple A title to begin with, after all private servers offer WoW (which by your definition IS a triple A title) via a free to play service. Not to mention that you compare WoW, which has been expanding since over 10 years, to something like PoE, which is an indie company which started with 10 members. And your concept of "dying" is plain and simple wrong. If a company is on the down hill trend, they are in the process of dying. This means the end is in sight, considering that the more time passes the closer they come to an end.

To put it into a real life context, if someone has cancer with a 1 year life expectation would mean he's dying. Now according to your logic, if a 2nd person has cancer and a life expectation of 10 years, he isn't dying because he has more time till he goes. That being said, the games you mention have had a short time to build up and some of them are still in the process of getting bigger, PoE breaks new records for it's population each time an expansion is launched, while having to upgrade their offices. Now someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading once that WoW also includes trial accounts into it's active account stats, which would obviously mess with the stats as well.

TL:DR;

Your definition of "dying" isn't what it actually means it is.

So the conclusion is quite simple, if your company drops from 12 million people down to having 6 million (or less now) it's a 50% cut in income. How can you possibly justify this as not dying?

9. So the conclusion is quite simple, if your company drops from 12 million people down to having 6 million (or less now) it's a 50% cut in income. How can you possibly justify this as not dying?
    Because the earnings are still unimaginably high compared to anything else on the market.

Then consider dying as: Not earning enough to support itself or turning a good profit.

10. Sure, you guys could go ahead and say that you start dying the moment you exit the womb.

11. Sure, you guys could go ahead and say that you start dying the moment you exit the womb.
    I mean, why start there? Some people don't even it make that far.

I am going to hell.

12. Because the earnings are still unimaginably high compared to anything else on the market.
    You gotta put into consideration the standard Blizz has for it's profit. Putting them up against smaller companies simply isn't fair. You have to compare their last years income to their current one if you want a good impression on what's going on. If you put it into perspective to it's past, the game simply isn't doing well (also shown by how desperate Blizz is with it's attempt to attract more players).

Then consider dying as: Not earning enough to support itself or turning a good profit.
    I would say if you don't earn enough to support yourself you are already dead, seen from a business point of view, but obviously that's just my view. Eitherway, what you say is correct for companies in general. But the way I would like to bring forth my view is by comparing it to a private server like you did. If a server has 12000 people online for a whole year, people would say it's an incredibly active server. If the next year the server had 5000 people (which is pretty much what happened to wow) then it would still be a fairly active server seen by other private servers standards. But people would say that the server is slowly dying, which is clearly true shown by the drop in users. It all depends on the scale you see things in, Blizzards scale is simply massive.

13. Okay.. so I've bargained with my parents.

They will help me with enough money (plus what I already have and will earn this summer) to FINALLY build my (almost) dream PC.
    Main condition is: Have a maximum of ONE failed exam...
    Considering I have 18 exams this year, I'm gonna have to wait another year or two to get enough money...

I'd probably want a mid-range PC to start off... Getting a 970 and i7 right off the bat would make me homeless for a year.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Radvo/saved/Bxm9TW
    (Pls don't judge I have no ideea how to build a PC. I've just picked what sounds good and was compatible with one another. I know the power supply may be too big)
    I need to do some research

Should be <900$, which is.. uh.. a pretty lot. Gonna have to work this summer and the next :<

----------------

Wait..

Was Warmane always on CloudFlare?
    This is the first time I've seen the protection o.O

14. Okay.. so I've bargained with my parents.

They will help me with enough money (plus what I already have and will earn this summer) to FINALLY build my (almost) dream PC.
    Main condition is: Have a maximum of ONE failed exam...
    Considering I have 18 exams this year, I'm gonna have to wait another year or two to get enough money...

I'd probably want a mid-range PC to start off... Getting a 970 and i7 right off the bat would make me homeless for a year.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Radvo/saved/Bxm9TW
    (Pls don't judge I have no ideea how to build a PC. I've just picked what sounds good and was compatible with one another. I know the power supply may be too big)
    I need to do some research

Should be <900$, which is.. uh.. a pretty lot. Gonna have to work this summer and the next :<
    https://www.youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips/videos

Try this guys channel for some extra info, he even had a video up a few months back for gaming PCs on different budgets. I don't have it bookmarked, otherwise I would link it to you. Very helpful channel, can only recommend it.