1. People are still being paid to test games. It's just that not many actually realize what testing a game means. And it sure doesn't mean "play the game and if you happen to see something broken, report it".
    People are still paid to test games. It's just not the type of testing you expect. Beta "testing" is more like early access now, while actual testing takes place a lot sooner behind closer doors.
    **** fam thats nice

2. His point might be that even alpha and beta testers used to get some sort of reward. It might not be cash, like from a job as an internal tester, but you still would get a title, some cosmetic stuff, a copy of the game, etc. Now people pay for the right of seeing how bugged it is and to gauge how much will still be bugged on release.
    Don't worry man. 2016 is DayZ's year.

3. Don't worry man. 2016 is DayZ's year.
    I can't say I care about a zombie game called "Daisy."

4. The Forest is pretty good. They usually do an update once a month but they're normally pretty big.

5. The Forest is pretty good. They usually do an update once a month but they're normally pretty big.
    Not as much of an exercise in douchebaggery?
    Still, I can't feel fond about this wave of "survival" games. Each time I see a situation like "Hey, let's dismantle this truck! > You got 1 Nail" I just want to let that nail rust before I stick it into the eye of everyone involved in the development.

6. The Forest only has co-op now. So it's you and a friend jerking each other off in a forest. 10/10 game.

But seriously, it's pretty fun. I don't know what's really happening in terms of the story. But as of now, you and your child are flying somewhere and your plane gets ****ed and you crash in the middle of this island. Big *** cannibal gets on your plane and he takes your child. And that's pretty much it.

You get an axe, cut down trees, build some shelter, craft weapons, go hunting for food and dismember the cannibals you kill to scare off the other tribes. I recommend buying it when it goes on sale.

Don't Starve is really good too.

7. Not as much of an exercise in douchebaggery?
    Still, I can't feel fond about this wave of "survival" games. Each time I see a situation like "Hey, let's dismantle this truck! > You got 1 Nail" I just want to let that nail rust before I stick it into the eye of everyone involved in the development.

The Forest only has co-op now. So it's you and a friend jerking each other off in a forest. 10/10 game.

But seriously, it's pretty fun. I don't know what's really happening in terms of the story. But as of now, you and your child are flying somewhere and your plane gets ****ed and you crash in the middle of this island. Big *** cannibal gets on your plane and he takes your child. And that's pretty much it.

You get an axe, cut down trees, build some shelter, craft weapons, go hunting for food and dismember the cannibals you kill to scare off the other tribes. I recommend buying it when it goes on sale.

Don't Starve is really good too.
    That actually sounds pretty fun... And I would play Don't Starve if I had friends who wouldn't quit after like 10 nights (****ers made me buy it for nothing).

I also liked Stranded Deep. If that game ever gets multiplayer I will give the dev my babies. It's basically survival on a remote island (my dream)... It's still lacking purpose (other than measuring how many days you can survive, which becomes easy when you get air breathers for underwater diving, flashlights and a spear to fish with)... But it's still a great amusement for like 5-6 hours.

8. All these games, and I choose to not play one I find conceptually dumb.

9. That actually sounds pretty fun... And I would play Don't Starve if I had friends who wouldn't quit after like 10 nights (****ers made me buy it for nothing).

I also liked Stranded Deep. If that game ever gets multiplayer I will give the dev my babies. It's basically survival on a remote island (my dream)... It's still lacking purpose (other than measuring how many days you can survive, which becomes easy when you get air breathers for underwater diving, flashlights and a spear to fish with)... But it's still a great amusement for like 5-6 hours.
    Check out The Forest.

10. The Forest (...) But seriously, it's pretty fun.
    Check out The Forest.
    You're doing a pretty good job considering your select audience. How much they paying you fam

11. What's up with you people and semantics?
    What's up with you always wanting everyone's undivided attention?

Not idea. I don't feel like discussing it right now. Ask me again tomorrow because I do have a valid explanation. It's just 2:27 right now
    Roughly translated as "I can't back myself up so I'll just try and sidestep this whole conversation".

How much they paying you fam
    I'd imagine less than the laxative company is paying you to spew so much **** everywhere.

12. You're doing a pretty good job considering your select audience. How much they paying you fam
    I would be a good hype man. But unfortunately, they're not paying me. I'm just an intern.

13. Spoiler: Show

kek.

See it's 11 pm, decide to go sleep early... but I'll just check this youtube video real quick... and the comments lead me to 4chan... and I spend the next uhm... 4 hours on 4chan...

I am not proud.... I once again go to sleep at 3 AM because of the internet. I need help.

14. If you have no obligations, there's no reason to impose a sleep schedule upon yourself.