1. You have a valid point even if you are as subtle as a truck about it. This is all about being politically correct and non-offensive while masking your own hypocrisy behind a wall. This isn't even about the hobbies, but the attitude people assume. Not very long ago being nerdy was considered weird and uncool, and nowadays people assume this nerdy persona and **** on everyone that ever dares question their hobby.
    Like it's worse to say "your hobby sucks" than "My hobby is the best" and "**** haters".

I will be the first to say that gaming is a worthless hobby even though I spend tens of hours a day playing games. Time and resources go in, and nothing comes out except maybe a bit of fun that goes away fast. Still there are many other hobbies that offer as much fun for less investment.
    The problem (and this isn't just valid for hobbies) is people basically want to "have and eat their cake" by default. People want to make their own choices, like whatever they want, do whatever they want - which is fine, within reason - and to have everyone else accept and respect all of those - who cares about the fact that is basically wanting to dictate what other people can choose, like and want. It's not enough to choose to be something ******ed like an "otherkin." No, the whole world is supposed to accept and respect you for it too. Instead of people doing their thing and not caring about the people who "disagree," they want to force everyone into pretending they agree.

Gaming isn't a worthless hobby - for you. You enjoy it, you have fun doing it. It's what hobbies are about. But people can't expect, want or demand that the rest of the world thinks the same. Every hobby will have something ridiculous about it for people who don't share the hobby, and that's perfectly fine. There isn't and shouldn't be anything that forces them to not voice it if they want to. You're free to stay away from and ignore that kind of people.

People aren't and will never be an homogeneous mass of acceptance where everyone can be and do whatever they want without being judged. Just get over it.

2. Well that escalated quickly, You guys all have smth in common, you play WoW aka the greatest game in the world, so why try to point out all the thinks you dont have in common, I dont get the point of it really...

Sometimes it feels like many people here smokes way to much weed and end up as the "All knowing guy" forcing sht talk on others and knows everything about something they just heard a rumour about.

3. Exactly.

And I bet in WoW we all have our own goals.. Some might want to be casual and who just want to have fun, some might be seriously into PvE and want to be aiming for Realm Firsts in content, Or tryhard pvpers.

I mean I have my heart and soul set on being a Gladiator Holy Paladin, and I will work my *** off becuase thats my dream. So what I'm a tryhard.

Set a goal, and achieving it, no matter what it is, when you complete it it will be the best feeling that you achieved something. (**** you Cdew, for inspiring me)

End of the day, live for YOURSELF, follow your dreams. If people find offence in your goal (not talking Donald Trump goals) then thats their issue.

4. Exactly.

And I bet in WoW we all have our own goals.. Some might want to be casual and who just want to have fun, some might be seriously into PvE and want to be aiming for Realm Firsts in content, Or tryhard pvpers.

I mean I have my heart and soul set on being a Gladiator Holy Paladin, and I will work my *** off becuase thats my dream. So what I'm a tryhard.

Set a goal, and achieving it, no matter what it is, when you complete it it will be the best feeling that you achieved something. (**** you Cdew, for inspiring me)

End of the day, live for YOURSELF, follow your dreams. If people find offence in your goal (not talking Donald Trump goals) then thats their issue.
    I never said or defended that people shouldn't do their hobbies, even if I or others might happen to find them ridiculous.
    Go get your Gladiator title, good luck with that.
    Just don't ***** about it (like the guy in the video) if people find your goal stupid. Do it for yourself, not because people will appreciate it (lest you whine at them for being mean and oppressive), and if you happen to be the only one you know who values that, deal with it.

5. I never said or defended that people shouldn't do their hobbies, even if I or others might happen to find them ridiculous.
    Go get your Gladiator title, good luck with that.
    Just don't ***** about it (like the guy in the video) if people find your goal stupid. Do it for yourself, not because people will appreciate it (lest you whine at them for being mean and oppressive), and if you happen to be the only one you know who values that, deal with it.
    You missed the whole point of the video, it was directed towards the majority of people who are not gamers, who find it in their need to put "nerds" down and call our goals stupid.

I get it a lot, the only person who understands is my dad, he encourages me to stream, to put myself out there and be who I am. He was a gamer, he completly get it. But 99% of everyone else I meet roll their eyes when they find out I sit at my PC >18hours a day.

6. You missed the whole point of the video, it was directed towards the majority of people who are not gamers, who find it in their need to put "nerds" down and call our goals stupid.

I get it a lot, the only person who understands is my dad, he encourages me to stream, to put myself out there and be who I am. He was a gamer, he completly get it. But 99% of everyone else I meet roll their eyes when they find out I sit at my PC >18hours a day.
    No, I understood it perfectly. Hence why I call it *****ing. You have a hobby the majority of people who aren't gamers like to put down. Big ****ing deal. Do you think that *****ing and whining at those people will make them change or stop it? That's textbook SJW logic. People aren't going to stop because you don't like it any more than you're quitting your hobby because they try to put you down for it.

You find it bad that people eyeroll your hobby, but have you never ever done that about someone else's hobby? There are no hobbies whatsoever in the whole planet that you don't find ridiculous? I sincerely doubt it. Does not making your opinion known make you a better person? Why would it? Why would having an unfavorable opinion about what other people do make you a bad person in the first place?

This is where the "deal with it" part comes in. People aren't going to like or appreciate or value everything you do. Some will keep it to themselves, some will let you know. Some will talk in general, some will aim you specifically. Deal with it. Your "safety bubble" is popped the moment you step into the real world.

7. You find it bad that people eyeroll your hobby, but have you never ever done that about someone else's hobby? There are no hobbies whatsoever in the whole planet that you don't find ridiculous? I sincerely doubt it. Does not making your opinion known make you a better person? Why would it? Why would having an unfavorable opinion about what other people do make you a bad person in the first place?
    No I don't. I actively ask about what they do and get an idea for what they do and why they do it. What can I say, I'm a curious person.
    I have a friends who enjoying doing stuff like Stunt biking, BDSM, collecting victorian dolls, to kniting... there is always something for someone and a bit of polite curiosity goes a long way to open up your mind to what other people find interesting.

8. No I don't. I actively ask about what they do and get an idea for what they do and why they do it. What can I say, I'm a curious person.
    I have a friends who enjoying doing stuff like Stunt biking, BDSM, collecting victorian dolls, to kniting... there is always something for someone and a bit of polite curiosity goes a long way to open up your mind to what other people find interesting.
    Kudos to you, then. But you're not a role model for mankind. Think of your curiosity as another hobby - you like doing it, other people don't have to.
    I still doubt you never found someone's hobby ridiculous anyways, though.

9. You missed the whole point of the video, it was directed towards the majority of people who are not gamers, who find it in their need to put "nerds" down and call our goals stupid.

I don't know you but if you aren't playing on a top competitive level, aren't ridiculously charismatic or don't show cleavage, you aren't going to success with streaming games. The industry is not as advanced yet to include everyone with "a dream"
    Not trying to put you down, but don't keep all your eggs in one basked (streaming)

10. I don't know you but if you aren't playing on a top competitive level, aren't ridiculously charismatic or don't show cleavage, you aren't going to success with streaming games. The industry is not as advanced yet to include everyone with "a dream"
    Not trying to put you down, but don't keep all your eggs in one basked (streaming)
    Oh it's not my dream to stream don't worry. It's just something I do for funs whenever I PvP.
    I like interacting with people, I'm actually very charismatic to the point I think I might be annoying.. oh and I do have boobs (But I'm not a sellout).
    My goal is Glad title. After that I'll aim bigger.

I opened up my Steam to find there was 3 of the previous Batman games added to my Library. Asylum GOTY, City GOTY and Origins + DLC... All with the purchase date of my Arkham Knight Pre-order... I assume this is Valve/WBGames way of saying sorry over the whole debacle of Arkham Knight being unplayable for the best part of 6 months. Thanks GabeN ♥

11. Everyone's talking about dreams and ****...

My dream is to become a professional race driver... I don't know why, I don't understand anything about cars, nor I ever rode in any... But I play alot of racing games, since I was little and that's how I figured my dream out :D

I have no idea how I'd do that though...

12. Everyone's talking about dreams and ****...

My dream is to become a professional race driver... I don't know why, I don't understand anything about cars, nor I ever rode in any... But I play alot of racing games, since I was little and that's how I figured my dream out :D

How old are you? If you are over 20, it's a little too late to start becoming a pro racer. It's not as easy as getting your license, a car and start driving around.

13. How old are you? If you are over 20, it's a little too late to start becoming a pro racer. It's not as easy as getting your license, a car and start driving around.
    Do you enjoy smacking people's dreams down?

14. Everyone's talking about dreams and ****...

Most pro racers started driving when they were kids. So you may be at a disadvantage.

But Google. Google to see if there are any community races that you could participate in. You're obviously not going to start off in a real car. You'll most likely start off like everyone else...in go-karts.

15. Everyone's talking about dreams and ****...

As has already been said, they usually start out at a young age in karting, so you'd be at a slight disadvantage to the others, unless you picked it up abnormally quickly.

Don't let anything stop you though, many people start out late and against all odds go on to become world beaters.

#ubpeptalks

How old are you? If you are over 20, it's a little too late to start becoming a pro racer. It's not as easy as getting your license, a car and start driving around.
    Putting it lightly it's very likely that your pool of knowledge on the topic is shallow.

Do you enjoy smacking people's dreams down?
    I do, within reason. :-DDDDDDD