1. I haven't played league in probably 2 or 3 years (or more) now but I have played CS:GO and let me tell you, they aren't in their first game if they're your rank and once you get enough screaming russian kids and/or drunk young "adults" that talk ONLY russian and ONLY scream/talk loud you will never feel compassion again.
    Based on the most recent games I played, that actually didn't provide seperate servers for Russians, it's easy to understand where Russians get their reputation from. Dota provides enough tools to communicate in emotes, which will get translated by default, there's no excuse not to use it if you aren't able to speak a certain language. WoW on the other hand is a different story, so there it's understandable if you aren't able to communicate. But just to share a little story from my skirmish daily in WoW the other day:
    "russian russian russian russian"
    "English?"
    "Fuk u"

WELL, ATLEAST THAT HE KNOWS. You know, there's a point where you gotta face reality. Generalization exist for a good reason, because you can not individually judge every person you come across by getting to know them first. I'd say it's more of a feature to keep us safe and see a situation and judge how harmful it could be. Seeing a tiger on the lose, prolly doesn't make me believe he's tame and I should try cuddling him, even if THAT tiger might be exactly that kind of tiger. If you are fresh out, it's quite unlikely that I'll leave my wallet infront of you, even if you changed. Simply put, I don't know you so I'll try my best to take a quick look and add you into a category that possibly fits you. If it doesn't then you got enough time to change my mind on you and adjust my opinion based on your behaviour.

Also this entire English argument is hilarious. Germans don't really have a great english education what so ever, but that doesn't stop you from learning it on your own if you wish to do so. Infact when I invite my IRL friends to premade with me and Alli, they don't know how to say ANYTHING past basic english. But if you aren't too lazy or straight up refuse to learn the language, then you will be able to speak it within a few years. But if you are looking to just be able to speak the basics, that takes even less time.

2. Already got my hands on Metallica's new album Hardwired... To Self Destruct.

I love my job and privileges.

3. When you randomly find an old Warmane guildie on Retail in an RDF HC.

4. Generalization exist for a good reason, because you can not individually judge every person you come across by getting to know them first. I'd say it's more of a feature to keep us safe and see a situation and judge how harmful it could be.
    Generalizations exist because the only way you can form an opinion on a group of people is through your own personal history with that them, and other's history with them. And when everyone's history with russians is "russian russian russian FUK U lol" then I don't think it's wrong to generalize russians as being and acting a certain way.

5. Not expecting to see a night club sold out on a Sunday in Coimbra. Go ahead, have a few drinks and have fun.
    Yeah, alright, I'll try it sometime, thanks guys :D

Also this entire English argument is hilarious. Germans don't really have a great english education what so ever, but that doesn't stop you from learning it on your own if you wish to do so. Infact when I invite my IRL friends to premade with me and Alli, they don't know how to say ANYTHING past basic english. But if you aren't too lazy or straight up refuse to learn the language, then you will be able to speak it within a few years. But if you are looking to just be able to speak the basics, that takes even less time.
    Once you see Portuguese's english education, you'll consider your country a god lol... The things I've been told of how you guys learn there, I mean, it's so much more fun, compared to here atleast, not many people, atleast in my area, can speak english...

The amount of people that aren't able to speak/write basic english is really big around here...
    Edited: October 31, 2016

6. Once you see Portuguese's english education, you'll consider your country a god lol... The things I've been told of how you guys learn there, I mean, it's so much more fun, compared to here atleast, not many people, atleast in my area, can speak english...

The amount of people that aren't able to speak/write basic english is really big around here...
    Once you see England's second language education, you will realise at least you know something else other than you native tongue. The English only know English, the only place you will learn something to the level other counties learn english is in Wales where they learn Welsh alongside English, and a few places in highland Scotland get taught Gaelic.
    The only reason I know French is because I pushed to learn it at school and started when I entered Middle School and continued until I got my GCSE.
    Here it is completely optional, to the point there was 2 people in my German class, me and one other girl.

Oh what I wouldn't give to be fluent in something useful, but sadly I don't have the patience to teach myself, nor the confidence to get someone to teach me.
    Edited: October 31, 2016

7. Erhm true... I always wondered what people that english was their main language, how would they feel... Like okay, you speak the language that's internationally spoken, but yeah, that's it, I guess there would be no point in learning another one...

8. My country is kept under the boot and has a really bad reputation due to a certain group of people that just happen to exist here, but I was surprised to find how good our educational system is. 90% of people living in urban areas (of course I'm not going to count my grandma duh) know at least one other language other than our mother tongue and english (it's mostly french or spanish sometimes) with almost a sure 100% knowing english well enough to keep a conversation going. Not to say how many of our graduates are in the top of the lists and find work everywhere in the world.

9. Once you see England's second language education, you will realise at least you know something else other than you native tongue. The English only know English, the only place you will learn something to the level other counties learn english is in Wales where they learn Welsh alongside English, and a few places in highland Scotland get taught Gaelic.
    The only reason I know French is because I pushed to learn it at school and started when I entered Middle School and continued until I got my GCSE.
    Here it is completely optional, to the point there was 2 people in my German class, me and one other girl.

Oh what I wouldn't give to be fluent in something useful, but sadly I don't have the patience to teach myself, nor the confidence to get someone to teach me.
    America would like to have a word with you on "I don't need no terrorist language or Mexican training, teach our kids about good Catholic values instead!"

The only reason I speak (mediocre) Spanish is because I'm ethnically hispanic, and I'm learning German 'cause why not. In school, you're typically required to do two years or less of a foreign language, which is subsequently forgotten because 'Murica.

10. I get some of you guys have had bad experiences. But I can't say I will be one to generalize people. Ever. And I'm sorry, but there's nothing you can do or say to change my opinion of that.

11. Erhm true... I always wondered what people that english was their main language, how would they feel... Like okay, you speak the language that's internationally spoken, but yeah, that's it, I guess there would be no point in learning another one...

Hugo I don't know about your generation but mine was forced to learn 4 languages. 5 depending on the specialization you wanted to follow. I've studied English, French, Spanish and Italian. Learned German by option. It's so sad how teaching was so simplified and so sad how people don't bother themselves in developing their culture.

Teaching in general was made easy and having a degree nowadays is so common that if you were to kick a rock, 100 students with a degree would show up. It's sad when I hear my dad (that is an university teacher) saying how he had to approve students because he was pressured by the principal to do so when they're the dumbest things he has ever seen.

12. I've only studied 2, which was English and French (I had the option as second language to be either french or spanish, and everyone chooses french), I'm talking about elementary school (1st - 9th grade) but I believe you're talking about university-wise, that's a whole different story as far as I know.

13. Just now finding out at 11:30pm that a very close friend of mine for many years died after crashing her car at 8:30am today.

The roads were really bad earlier, **** visibility and all but man it hurts like hell. Such a beautiful young woman, gone just like that.

It's ****ing tearing me up inside, like the last time this happened, when I barely came back from the brink.

I just need to ****ing vent ****

14. Just now finding out at 11:30pm that a very close friend of mine for many years died after crashing her car at 8:30am today.

The roads were really bad earlier, **** visibility and all but man it hurts like hell. Such a beautiful young woman, gone just like that.

It's ****ing tearing me up inside, like the last time this happened, when I barely came back from the brink.

You can shout at me if you want daniel, or I can just give you a hug.

15. Just now finding out at 11:30pm that a very close friend of mine for many years died after crashing her car at 8:30am today.

This thread is here for venting. Have at it.