1. yet pokemon is supposed to be a children's game
    So you assume.

Soroboru
    They weren't so intentional, people just got so competitive they looked for loopholes and how things worked.
    Like in Golden Sun how easily you can abuse RNG dependent on where you're standing, what items you have, what your name is, etc.

ByOdinsBeard

ByOdinsBeard
    At a certain level, that's actually kinda true. I read Yume Miru entirely for the plot, god shi's end was so satisfying.

I read Katawa out of hype and curiosity. I was browsing /a/ the day it was released.

and I read DRAMAtical because I was rused. I didn't realize it was gay for a long time actually but at a certain point I started to wonder why there were no female characters.

Gabrantus
    @Soroboru - My comment wasn't meant to be that serious to begin with. If I wanted to be proud about difficulty of games, I'd be a big *** hypocrite, because I have all those unplayed Castlevanias, and haven't even touched the first one. The most difficult game I've played this far has been either Devil May Cry 1, Ys: Oath in Felghana or Demon's Souls, and that's nothing to boast about.

Regardless, I will keep praising Japanese video games and consider them far superior in comparison to western games.

You may not care that the story isn't there in the NES games, but you'll be wishing it did if you play them. They're pretty boring and confusing as **** without it.
    No, not really.

You wouldn't like The Last Of Us then ;(. Or Bioshock.
    I don't hate story. Nier is one of my favourite games, and story takes a big part in it, while it's still the gameplay that's also intriguing, as it mixes and matches so many genres together and has honed it to a fine point.

The story is told in a very interesting way. A horrifying revelation is foreshadowed in very subtle ways. What's more important: the game makes it easy for the player to immerse himself into the role of the player character, not feeling like distant audience in a movie theather.

Spoiler: Show
    You are given the idea that you are a good guy. You help people, kill monsters for them, try to save your daughter. You take the assumption that you're doing the good thing. But then the revelation: those monsters are the real humans, or what's left of them. You, and everyone you thought were humans, are just replicant bodies made for humans until a dangerous disease would disappear from the world, so that the real humans could take that body when the world is safe again.

What went wrong was that all the replicants gained consciousness and began to consider themselves human without knowing better.

So you go and destroy your true, human self, and along him the code that's needed for all gestalts to return to their replicants. Good ****ing job, you brought mankind to extinction

I expect The Last of Us to be a roughly 7/10 game, that's why I'm waiting for it to get cheaper before I buy it.

Bioshock hasn't appealed to me, but I hate Bioshock Infinite for one reason: it's considered a 10/10 revolutionary piece of art everywhere. Why the hell? What does the game even do? I haven't played it, but all the gameplay I've seen has been watered down from Bioshock 1 and 2, and doesn't introduce anything revolutionary or breathtaking. Are people really praising a game as 10/10 just because it has a ridicilous 3deep5u storyline told through cutscenes?

I am beyond mad.

6. @Soroboru - My comment wasn't meant to be that serious to begin with. If I wanted to be proud about difficulty of games, I'd be a big *** hypocrite, because I have all those unplayed Castlevanias, and haven't even touched the first one. The most difficult game I've played this far has been either Devil May Cry 1, Ys: Oath in Felghana or Demon's Souls, and that's nothing to boast about.

Regardless, I will keep praising Japanese video games and consider them far superior in comparison to western games.

No, not really.

I don't hate story. Nier is one of my favourite games, and story takes a big part in it, while it's still the gameplay that's also intriguing, as it mixes and matches so many genres together and has honed it to a fine point.

The story is told in a very interesting way. A horrifying revelation is foreshadowed in very subtle ways.
    Spoiler: Show
    You are given the idea that you are a good guy. You help people, kill monsters for them, try to save your daughter. You take the assumption that you're doing the good thing. But then the revelation: those monsters are the real humans, or what's left of them. You, and everyone you thought were humans, are just replicant bodies made for humans until a dangerous disease would disappear from the world, so that the real humans could take that body when the world is safe again.

What went wrong was that all the replicants gained consciousness and began to consider themselves human without knowing better.

So you go and destroy your true, human self, and along him the code that's needed for all gestalts to return to their replicants. Good ****ing job, you brought mankind to extinction

I expect The Last of Us to be a roughly 7/10 game, that's why I'm waiting for it to get cheaper before I buy it.

Bioshock hasn't appealed to me, but I hate Bioshock Infinite for one reason: it's considered a 10/10 revolutionary piece of art everywhere. Why the hell? What does the game even do? I haven't played it, but all the gameplay I've seen has been watered down from Bioshock 1 and 2, and doesn't introduce anything revolutionary or breathtaking. Are people really praising a game as 10/10 just because it has a ridicilous 3deep5u storyline told through cutscenes?

I am beyond mad.
    TLOU is 10/10. I don't want to say why because I can go on for hours.

I never read critics stuff. Bioshock Infinite is 8/10 only because the ending is mind blowing.
    Game play is pretty boring after awhile. There is barely any cut scenes in that game.
    The game itself looks pretty.

Bioshock 1 won game of the year awhile back, though.

Gabrantus
    TLOU being considered 10/10 everywhere seems kinda annoying too, but the game has some neat features. Judging from what gameplay I've seen, I'll best mostly disturbed by everything being blocked by drawers and bookshelves.

Also, looking at people talk from your own perspective in a scripted event is equal to a cutscene, unless you are given actual choices multiple times. Choices that matter, have various options, and do not involve choosing a trinket for a girl you're accompanying.

It's like all the game journalists were bribed with lodes o emone or they've just never played a game with choices before.

8. TLOU being considered 10/10 everywhere seems kinda annoying too, but the game has some neat features. Judging from what gameplay I've seen, I'll best mostly disturbed by everything being blocked by drawers and bookshelves.

Also, looking at people talk from your own perspective in a scripted event is equal to a cutscene, unless you are given actual choices multiple times. Choices that matter, have various options, and do not involve choosing a trinket for a girl you're accompanying.

It's like all the game journalists were bribed with lodes o emone or they've just never played a game with choices before.
    Its cause it is 10/10 for me. This game will be a important part of my life but I don't want to explain why.

The game play isn't anything new. Its simple. The story is just the best part of it all.

Edit:

Voice acting. Characters. Graphics. Game play. Environment. Music.

Grymninja
    Best ladderer.

10. Learned a new word today. 'Castigate'

And capitulate too

11. Learned a new word today. 'Castigate'

And capitulate too
    Those words sound sexual.

There are children here damnit :|

Take your sinful language to a Jesus hating website like Brazzers :|

12. Castigate - reprimand severely (e.g. beatings)
    Capitulate - surrender, stop resisting

13. Castigate - reprimand severely (e.g. beatings)
    Capitulate - surrender, stop resisting
    So they are sexual...

14. So they are sexual...

Originally Posted by Dave Chappelle
    A man with a sexual appetite that would make Michael Douglas seem gay.
    These words make me think of that.

15. The man capitulated after repeated castigation.

Loller capitulated after Grace's Banhammer-style castigation. hus