1. People need to stop with the whole "OMG everyone's playing this, I have to play it too" or "Everyone says it rubbish, it must be good, I'll tell everyone its crap too without having experienced it myself."
    You're literally doing the same thing.

Talking crap about something you haven't tried (? I assume if you did play it you'd give reasons as to why it's success is based solely on sheep mentality as opposed to actual design failure... If that's not the case, then you're kindof a hypocrite)...

2. Its that same sheep mentality that has everyone leaving too... People all over this forum QQing about how WOD is bad, yet never played it, not good enough for mythic raiding to even experience it.

People need to stop with the whole "OMG everyone's playing this, I have to play it too" or "Everyone says it rubbish, it must be good, I'll tell everyone its crap too without having experienced it myself."
    I don't know why people complain so much about Warlords. To me it sincerely feels like an e-penis envy kind of thing. "Oh I played for years and now it's easy for someone to get close to me because it was dumbed down." Yes, they tweaked a lot of things for it to be less of a hassle, liek not having the <skill> I, <skill> II and so on, but the game in essence is the same. People can maybe now reach the top faster to get into grinding for gear. Yeah, game ruined because more people will be able to reach the same level as you.

But then again, your whole complain about Blade & Soul isn't the same sheep mentality? Did you play it? Did you give it a honest go? What did you dislike about it? What makes it so people going to play it are "sheep," objectively, not in a "reverse-sheep" way?

3. There was no point in my post where I said "This game is terrible".... I cannot have an opinion on that based on the fact I have no played it. I merely stated that I have no interest in it, and then linked probably causes as to why it's so popular.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

4. "I have not tried the game, but it's popular so surely it's fueled by fanboyism and sheep herding"
    "I have not said the game is terrible"

Saying it doesn't "deserve" interest and/or popularity is saying the game is bad.

Example:

I haven't played WoW, but it has a lot of players. The only reason it's doing well is fanboyism, sheep mentality and clever marketing.
    (As opposed to interesting gameplay and clever design)

See what I mean?

Saying you have no interest goes like this:

WoW has a lot of players but it doesn't tickle my funny-bone so I probably won't give it a try.
    (Without attacking the community)

5. Spoiler: Show

The disapproving glance is great.

6. She looks kinda emo tho...

Launch will be tomorrow at 7 AM my time.. Gotta wake up earlier than 7 AM.
    rip

At least I've decided on playing Assassin.

7. She looks kinda emo tho...
    In my time "emos" didn't exist.
    I always like goth chicks, though.

8. A sorta refreshing dynamic battle system, with lots of skills and modifiers to link into combos, and panty shots everywhere, with actual very nice graphics. And bouncing tits physics too.
    To be fair, calling it a refreshing battle system is quite a stretch. But it depends on which kind of games you played in the past I guess. Doesn't mean I don't agree that it is more enjoyable then the usual MMO battle systems. The graphics are also quite nice, no doubt about that.

I don't know why people complain so much about Warlords. To me it sincerely feels like an e-penis envy kind of thing. "Oh I played for years and now it's easy for someone to get close to me because it was dumbed down." Yes, they tweaked a lot of things for it to be less of a hassle, liek not having the <skill> I, <skill> II and so on, but the game in essence is the same. People can maybe now reach the top faster to get into grinding for gear. Yeah, game ruined because more people will be able to reach the same level as you.
    But that's exactly what changes it. Adjusting the difficulty of a game can make it an entirely different game, even if you keep the core elements the way they are. Take Demon Souls as an example, it would be quite generic and pretty average if it was a forgiving game, the difficulty is what sets it apart. You can see the same reactions in other games aswell, PoE used to be a very unforgiving game, now it's very easy as long as you don't feel yolo. That being said, WoW did add a few good features when it comes to the PvE side of things. That the raid size is more dynamic is a great thing and I never really heard anything bad in this regard from anyone I personally know, when it comes to the PvE side of things. PvP is what people despise, for a good reason. Every comfort feature WoW added was at the cost of the games depth, leveling skills was annoying while you leveled up for sure, but it was an element of depth for PvE and PvP which people actively used. Dungeons and raid finder made the game a lot more comfortable also, but did you level any character? It was at the cost of the world feeling empty and dead, I personally didn't encounter anyone once for literally 4 level.

TL:DR; Comfort features as nice, but it's about the balance, since every comfort features comes at a price. WoW simply over did it in the past years. Some of the new features aren't even that interesting, like player housing existed in a lot of MMO's already with some even doing it better and the pet system was a straight rip from dragon quest.

9. To be fair, calling it a refreshing battle system is quite a stretch. But it depends on which kind of games you played in the past I guess. Doesn't mean I don't agree that it is more enjoyable then the usual MMO battle systems. The graphics are also quite nice, no doubt about that.
    It's refreshing a far as action-combat MMOs go. I've played Skyforge and TERA... not sure if any other in the style. Can't remember at all if Aion was like that. It's not a new concept, but they made the combat feel nicer and a lot more intricate with all the branching combos.

But that's exactly what changes it. Adjusting the difficulty of a game can make it an entirely different game, even if you keep the core elements the way they are. Take Demon Souls as an example, it would be quite generic and pretty average if it was a forgiving game, the difficulty is what sets it apart. You can see the same reactions in other games aswell, PoE used to be a very unforgiving game, now it's very easy as long as you don't feel yolo. That being said, WoW did add a few good features when it comes to the PvE side of things. That the raid size is more dynamic is a great thing and I never really heard anything bad in this regard from anyone I personally know, when it comes to the PvE side of things. PvP is what people despise, for a good reason. Every comfort feature WoW added was at the cost of the games depth, leveling skills was annoying while you leveled up for sure, but it was an element of depth for PvE and PvP which people actively used. Dungeons and raid finder made the game a lot more comfortable also, but did you level any character? It was at the cost of the world feeling empty and dead, I personally didn't encounter anyone once for literally 4 level.

TL:DR; Comfort features as nice, but it's about the balance, since every comfort features comes at a price. WoW simply over did it in the past years. Some of the new features aren't even that interesting, like player housing existed in a lot of MMO's already with some even doing it better and the pet system was a straight rip from dragon quest.
    I play <whatever> Souls games backing up save games. I can't stomach the fake difficulty bull****. I like the little story it has and it's fun, but I'm not into losing possibly hours of progress because you die by bad luck. What sets the game apart for me isn't the cheesy 1-hit kills.

Still, you're mixing "difficult" with "simpler." Having to upgrade skills is just a chore, not "difficult." Having to grind to get enough money to finally not be stuck in the mud swimming they call running isn't "difficult." There's no "depth" in forced grinding, but you can still can grind for plenty of stuff if you like. All they did was make it so newcomers don't have to suffer through months to finally get to enjoy the end content by giving them options. If you don't like rushing, take your time, while letting those who want only to play with the end-game friends do so.

It all gets down to envy as I said, the whole "I had it much harder, I don't want new people having it easier." If it isn't, people would be playing their own way instead of whining.

10. I'd play retail if I had enough money for it not to matter.
    Just saying.

I'm a casual. WoW right now would be awesome for me. But I'd rather spend money on something else...
    Even WotLK feels grindy as hell for no reason nowadays (for me atleast).

11. It's refreshing a far as action-combat MMOs go. I've played Skyforge and TERA... not sure if any other in the style. Can't remember at all if Aion was like that. It's not a new concept, but they made the combat feel nicer and a lot more intricate with all the branching combos.
    Aion's system was still a lot like WoW, just slightly less stationary tbh. I probably won't get around to trying out blade and soul any time soon, since I got too many games on my plate as it is. But I'm kinda curious to trying out how smooth the combat feels, since that's where a game like this will rise or fall imo.

I play <whatever> Souls games backing up save games. I can't stomach the fake difficulty bull****. I like the little story it has and it's fun, but I'm not into losing possibly hours of progress because you die by bad luck. What sets the game apart for me isn't the cheesy 1-hit kills.
    To each their own in this case I guess, since I really enjoy the harsh punishments for ****ing up, but it always depends on the game.
    Still, you're mixing "difficult" with "simpler." Having to upgrade skills is just a chore, not "difficult." Having to grind to get enough money to finally not be stuck in the mud swimming they call running isn't "difficult." There's no "depth" in forced grinding, but you can still can grind for plenty of stuff if you like. All they did was make it so newcomers don't have to suffer through months to finally get to enjoy the end content by giving them options. If you don't like rushing, take your time, while letting those who want only to play with the end-game friends do so.
    I believe you got confused there, the skills change took out depth for the PvP aspect. It was even once related to difficulty, since it was utilized in healing during vanilla, since mastering your class was the only real difficulty when raids were this simple. And let's be honest since I know a lot of people claim vanilla raids were ohhh so much harder, they weren't harder, everyone was just really bad at the game. If you want to talk about end game accessibility then I would recommend talking about having to do 3 quests in 4 dungeons and 2 different raids before you can even enter the raid you intend to do was truly cancerous and worthy of a change.
    It all gets down to envy as I said, the whole "I had it much harder, I don't want new people having it easier." If it isn't, people would be playing their own way instead of whining.
    It really isn't about envy, see it as 2 kind of people. Some really enjoy grinding, so they are naturally upset when their aspect of the game gets removed. Some simply enjoy being able to compete in games, even if it's something silly like grinding faster and more then someone else (like the classic JRPGs). I think WoW just took a very different direction now, it's great for someone who wants to spend an hour or two after work in an MMO, but doesn't appeal as much to the people who are looking to blow 10+ hours on it every day.

#WallsOfText

12. The game looks nice. Shiina was showing it off to me for a little while now. I don't think I'll be playing it, though. Between WoW and Skyforge (what little of it I get around to play), I'm getting bored of mmorpg's. I need to find myself some nice singleplayer games on steam.
    p.s. I don't trust NCSoft.

13. Its that same sheep mentality that has everyone leaving too... People all over this forum QQing about how WOD is bad, yet never played it, not good enough for mythic raiding to even experience it.

People need to stop with the whole "OMG everyone's playing this, I have to play it too" or "Everyone says it rubbish, it must be good, I'll tell everyone its crap too without having experienced it myself."
    I ****ing hate when people say this. You tell them you think WoW is too easy and way too boring nowadays and they go "OH MY GOD YOU NEVER DID MYTHIC RAIDING HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING"

well no ****ing **** I didn't do mythic raiding or any of that bull****, i'm not going to explore through a forest of boring bull**** to get to slightly not boring bull****. It's like ten ****ing days of play time to get gear for mythic raiding, i'd rather not be bored off of my *** for ten days of ****ing play time. why in the **** would I PAY PER MONTH to just be bored

Play WotLK.
    Questing is ****ing hard
    Dungeons while leveling are ****ing hard, you can faceroll through everything when you're playing cata or anything past it
    Leveling your professions is hard as ****ing ****. You can get to to max level BS and mining doing **** in pandaria, have you ever had to level blacksmithing in WotLK? You'll want to kill yourself at around level 250-300 because it's such bull**** to level up. "You need one stack of mithril to guarantee a level up, along with the eye of mother ****ing illidan even though you're only level 60, six boots of Arthas, eight hundred bolts of frostweave, and two mechanohogs" You have to farm for like an hour mining to get ONE LEVEL in black smithing.

Sure it gets boring after a while, but it's actually challenging. Cata and beyond is just beyond boring and way too easy.

/endrant

14. Here we go.
    Woke up at 6:30 AM

Lauch right now bois.
    I'm going on wild springs or cardinal gardens (if wild springs gets an instant queue). See you there.

15. American Truck Simulator is going to launch February 3rd. I am pretty excited for it. Now I just need to make a list of podcasts to listen to while I ****ing do some god damn trucking.