1. May 23, 2018  
    The new God of War is dope but i wish the boss fights would have been as epic as the previous games.

2. May 24, 2018  
    The new God of War is dope but i wish the boss fights would have been as epic as the previous games.
    It's a pretty good game, yeah, but it just exposes how it doesn't fits the pseudo-open world model well. In the regular games you were following a linear path because Kratos had a set objective and no reason to wander around. On this one you get the "freedom" of only interacting with magical viking paint that signals the only places Kratos deity powers apparently work.

The model worked very well in the Tomb Raider reboot and in other games this is being compared to like The Last of Us because you're dealing with normal people. Lara is stranded and fighting to survive. Joel is on a linear mission alike to what you had on the old God of War games. Both have a certain level of exploration and the reasons for not straying too far are much clearer.

When you get a god who at one moment can push gigantic boulders and statues out of the way and fall from incredible distances, but can't jump or climb something simpler than what he did half a minute ago, refuses to drop 10' ledges (and not all of them to boot, others he can... guess there's some viking paint around), and is blocked by some trees or rocks... it just feels cheap in a scenario where you're supposed to be able to explore. It might have been better to just stick to the old, linear model and go for just the changes in tone and story, which were actually good and interesting.

PS: If you beat the game already, be sure to stroll around until you get Mimir to tell you about the visit he received while you were in Giantland. Foreshadowing for what comes next.

3. May 24, 2018  
    PSS: Actually, it might also require you to have progressed to a certain point in the Valkyries quest, since what Mimir says is related to finding out...

Spoiler: Show
    ... that Freya was the previous queen of Valkyries...

... something that, if I remember correctly, is revealed only after you "free" one of them (not sure if a specific one or a certain amount of them).

4. May 24, 2018  
    That's definitely a valid complaint but realistically you cant really restrict Kratos's movement any other way because since he's strong as **** and he fell like a kilometer without a scratch but it definitely could have been implemented much better. Even in the old games Kratos was strong enough to rip the heads off of a god but wooden doors would require him to go around. The only other fault i could find in it is that at least half of the chapters conclude with you fighting some variation of the troll or it's the same exact troll you fought the first 30 minutes into the game but this time there's an ogre with him. Also for some unknown reason they made the default controls are something other than what they called the classic layout, this is the first game like this i've played where square and triangle were not attack/strong attack by default.

I only rented the game and beat it as fast as possible so i only killed one valkyrie (The one by the giant where you get the chisel) but i really enjoyed the fight. I'm going to have to buy the game later and play all of the optional stuff so thanks for telling me about that now i missed it while playing. If you haven't yet go back to your home and sleep, that gives you another teaser at the next game

5. May 24, 2018  
    That's definitely a valid complaint but realistically you cant really restrict Kratos's movement any other way because since he's strong as **** and he fell like a kilometer without a scratch but it definitely could have been implemented much better. Even in the old games Kratos was strong enough to rip the heads off of a god but wooden doors would require him to go around. The only other fault i could find in it is that at least half of the chapters conclude with you fighting some variation of the troll or it's the same exact troll you fought the first 30 minutes into the game but this time there's an ogre with him. Also for some unknown reason they made the default controls are something other than what they called the classic layout, this is the first game like this i've played where square and triangle were not attack/strong attack by default.
    Oh don't worry, I understand that. But that's exactly why I feel that style of game just didn't match the character they put in it. Perhaps if they had made his powers wane away because he was so distant from the "source" and in a land where different deities reigned over or something like that it could have been better. I guess the best way to put my complain is that I disliked how inconsistent his powers were. It's true that you had similar things in the older games like you mention, but it felt easier to brush those off since they were in the end obstacles in the linear path instead of a constant reminder that "the open world is a lie," you know?

On the enemy variety I completely agree with you. I had read that complain before I played the game, and it was spot on. Not just bosses, you have the same basic half a dozen enemies that get some "elemental-tied" versions and that's it. The bosses were for the most part just beefed up regular enemies or soon-to-be normal enemies showing for the first time. I was really looking out for fighting dragons when you go releasing three, but nope, nothing like that. Even the last "boss" felt like just a warm-up for what would really be the last fight.

I only rented the game and beat it as fast as possible so i only killed one valkyrie (The one by the giant where you get the chisel) but i really enjoyed the fight. I'm going to have to buy the game later and play all of the optional stuff so thanks for telling me about that now i missed it while playing. If you haven't yet go back to your home and sleep, that gives you another teaser at the next game
    Ah I heard about that "true ending" yeah, but I've yet to find like four treasure maps and complete Surtr challenges a few more times to grind the materials from there to get the last remaining upgrades (level 9 right now, not sure you have enough to reach 10). I want to get all that done before going back home.

Now, in case you want to spoil yourself/don't care about spoilers (really only open if you don't care)...

Spoiler: Show
    ... Mimir tells you he was visited by Freya while you were in Jotunheim, and questioned about where he thought Odin might have hidden her valkyrie wings... she apparently wants her fighting spirit back.

6. June 4, 2018  
    HELLO! I'm back.

First of all, Mercy - I love your new avatar.

Second, It's quite interesting that this off-topic dies without myself and Mirda? I hope he's getting back in 2-3 days too so we can do something.

Third, PALUTENA: I'll accept keeping this active for 30 coins a day OR if you let me take Mercy out for wings and a nice draft beer.

Oh, there's too much to talk about (I admit, I was reading it). @Volleybalm: How nice of you. We can be friends now.

How's it going everyone? :)
    Edited: June 4, 2018

7. June 4, 2018  
    Man, did something happen here?

Got real quiet all of a sudden.
    I would explain what happened with a lot of JOY, but I believe my post would be deleted.
    Anyways, Lolita - I like your stubbornness.

8. June 4, 2018  
    I would explain what happened with a lot of JOY, but I believe my post would be deleted.
    Anyways, Lolita - I like your stubbornness.
    Thanks, so does she.

9. June 4, 2018  

10. June 4, 2018  

11. June 4, 2018  
    Second, It's quite interesting that this off-topic dies without myself and Mirda? I hope he's getting back in 2-3 days too so we can do something.
    He isn't coming back, and Off-Topic has lived - and will live - for thousands of pages with or without either.

12. June 4, 2018  
    He isn't coming back, and Off-Topic has lived - and will live - for thousands of pages with or without either.
    1. I don't believe YOU.
    2. You didn't prove it to me.

13. June 4, 2018  
    1. I don't believe YOU.
    I don't care about you or what you believe in.

2. You didn't prove it to me.
    Then leave for a much longer period of time, like a couple of years, and prove me wrong.

14. June 4, 2018  
    I don't care about you or what you believe in.

Then leave for a much longer period of time, like a couple of years, and prove me wrong.
    What makes you think that I actually care about your opinion in the first place? You're the one who responded to me. Honestly, I don't. Lolita doesn't either, and was fun to watch you getting silenced there.. really fun.

15. June 4, 2018  
    What makes you think that I actually care about your opinion in the first place? You're the one who responded to me. Honestly, I don't. Lolita doesn't either, and was fun to watch you getting silenced there.. really fun.
    Nothing. I'd rather you didn't, so it's a perfect scenario - you eventually might "not care" about my opinion on our rules and their enforcement. I responded to you because your hopes are hollow and your self-assigned importance to the thread a delusion. I also really don't see how I got "silenced" by him saying I'm welcome to try the same he does and makes him miserable.