aivwaras

What is shaman dps like? (wotlk)

Hello. I'm thinking about making a shaman alt as PvE dps with healing offspec. However, I have never played as one and I would like to ask what kind of dps numbers ele and enhancement shamans are able to pull? Just an average in icc25 and dbs25 :)

Thank you for responses

2. Average dps of an elemental and enhancement shaman may vary, depending on the skill and gear. It could be around 10k-20k.

But the highest shaman dps ive seen is 26k for enhancement and 23k for elemental. That is done by a 6k+ gs player, kinda low compare to MM Hunt, Ret Pally and Fire Mage.

It will be really hard to get above 20k for shamans, since they are basically a support class and a very gear dependant specially the enhancement.

iAmAthirat
    Elemental 25hc saurfang :

Kinda low, but it's the only ss i've got.

BloodyBunnieh
    Elemental 25hc saurfang :

Kinda low, but it's the only ss i've got.
    i'm shamman and i want to be Dps like you but can you tell me what Add-ones your using Q.Q please

5. very easy, Flame shock = instant cast + Dot (effected by haste)
    Lava burst (longish cd, 10k crit damage with badish gear, 100% crit chance if flame shock is on target)
    Chain lightning (short cd, high mana cost, fast cast time, eats mana fast)
    Lighning bolt, No cd,low mana cost, low damage, fills in empty time.

keep flame shock dot up, lava burst when u can, if u have the mana chain lightning
    T10 gear will lower ur elemental mastery cd every time u crit, meaning higher dps.
    pvp very high burst damage, no heal reduction, so ur arena team has to be a heal reducer warior/priest/rogue/feral druid, ect

in raids, Heroism/Bloodlust amazing, there should always be a shaman in a run, 45 seconds of 30% hasting (both meele and spell casters AND range) , the totems of 155 str + agility, 5% spell OR 5% melee haste. mana regen and spell power are just the buffs one shammy can bring, having two shammys, ur adding armour to the group, giving 5% to the other class, have a clenching totem out (removes curse/toxen) or minor aoe healing.

not to mention they have 130 frost/fire/nature resistance.

iAmAthirat
    Chain lightining is useless for single target fights.

7. You are so wrong..Lightning bolt does 13k + crits with 5.8k gs + ......it is NOT low dmg depending on its cd and mana cost....lava burst with you so called ' badish ' gear does 11-12k crit ....haste is needed my ele shamans so they can cast LB and LightB faster ...chain lighing completly useless on a single target....BL should be combined with elemental mastery and trinkets if you own one ( to give you haste or SP ) ..you should always use FLAMETONGUE weapon cuz it increases your spell power...use lighting shield so when an AoE spell hits you , you get extra dps since you do not lose mana so fast.. ( at least not on one boss + there is thunderstrom which restores around 5-6k mana ) , when you get 4 pieces of sanctified frost whitch or only frost whitch , you MUST use FS > LavaB... because it increases your FL's duration by 2 ticks . therefore you should use earth shock after Flame shock ( immediatly after the CD ) ..use totem of wrath for extra sp and get glyph of the same ofc ..it give s you 30% extra spellpower from it than you would usually benefit..always put your totems underneath the boss so MDPS could benefit from strenght of the earth , and the boss could be hit by fire nova which is quite useful..other glyphs you should use are : Glyph of lighning bolt ( increases dmg of LightB) , glyph of lava ( your lava burst gians addionitial 10% of your sp ) , glyph of totem of wrath .. those are the major glyph,,,others are your to decide ( i use glyphs of : water walking , reincarnation , and lightning shield)..Talent tree is also elgible for you to see on other Molten's ele shamy guides... that is. hope i helped

Best regards: Pitajstaru
    1) BL should NOT be combined with Ele Mastery cause you'll go well under the 1 second GCD; less than 1 with BL itself.

2) Using a GCD for LShield is a waste of DPS, not a gain.

3) Earth Shock only when moving and no Flame Shock, cause it hits for way less than a proper 13-14k LB.

4) Why would you prefer casting Fire Nova on a boss? Use it in AoE or trash.

5) :P Glyph of Lightning Shield for raiding? Seriously? Get Bolt, Lava and Totem... or anything useful!

P.S.
    this is just a summary of what ever1 will tell you...every1 with skill and experience in ele shamys
    Seeing your armory - gemming SPIRIT on a ELE SHAMAN - you defeinitely have no skill nor experience.

Sword Art Online's finest I guess.

iAmAthirat
    Pitajstaru, nice joke with those haste gems on ele!!! ;DDDDD
    Oh, it wasn't a joke? Sori, your choice.

9. here is mine dps at dbs 25hc as enh,il try to get ele dps on dbs this week

iAmAthirat
    Blazo, that's with Brunnhildar axes...

Update: GJ on editing the picture, but we already saw what you had in your hands :)

11. Blazo, that's with Brunnhildar axes...

Update: GJ on editing the picture, but we already saw what you had in your hands :)
    Whats with these Brunnhildar axes?

Decepticon666
    play enhance is more fun and keeps you on your toes!