Fatestayjedi

3.3.5 Are resto shamans boring?

I've played all healer classes except shaman.My friend will be joining me and he'll go tank and I want to go healer,this would be a good opportunity to finally play shaman.But my impression of resto shamans is - herp derp spam 3 spells whole party is always 100%!Takes no skill to keep people alive, and how would spamming the same spells over and over be ANY fun?!
    For those who played most or all healers,do you agree that shamans are most boring healing class?And I should just roll a class that I've already played?

Blmaestro
    Most end game encounters you can get away with just spamming chain heal. Chain heal spamming will usually guarantee you ridiculously high hps on toravon.

The smart player will move away from using a rotation in healing and just use healing spells appropriate to the situation. This is where you have to triage healing waves versus lesser healing wave, while making sure ppl health aren't so low why you start casting the slow chain heal.

Shamans are the iconic "turret" healers. They excel in non movement fights, but become boring. However, for a real challenge, I recommend high movement fights like healing Halion 10hc in the shadow realm. It's amazingly fun, you must pick up instant ghost wolf form, use this to get into position quickly, and must do precise heals, because you have to move a lot.

If you are just doing pos fos rdf hc, it's Boring to heal, but come raids, it becomes interesting. Shaman healers are blessed with ridiculously powerful heals with short cast time due to tidal wave talents, but apart from riptide an earth shield or popping a 2 minute cd, they have no healing options if they need to move.

Fatestayjedi
    Most end game encounters you can get away with just spamming chain heal. Chain heal spamming will usually guarantee you ridiculously high hps on toravon.

The smart player will move away from using a rotation in healing and just use healing spells appropriate to the situation. This is where you have to triage healing waves versus lesser healing wave, while making sure ppl health aren't so low why you start casting the slow chain heal.

Shamans are the iconic "turret" healers. They excel in non movement fights, but become boring. However, for a real challenge, I recommend high movement fights like healing Halion 10hc in the shadow realm. It's amazingly fun, you must pick up instant ghost wolf form, use this to get into position quickly, and must do precise heals, because you have to move a lot.

If you are just doing pos fos rdf hc, it's Boring to heal, but come raids, it becomes interesting. Shaman healers are blessed with ridiculously powerful heals with short cast time due to tidal wave talents, but apart from riptide an earth shield or popping a 2 minute cd, they have no healing options if they need to move.
    Ok,that's endgame.What about while leveling?I mainly plan to do dungeons.Are shammies fun while leveling?I think you can go elemental spec and still be healing good early to mid levels.

Meowy
    I don't find shamans boring. I am currently lvling my shammy as elemental with dual spec resto for rdfs. I find them enjoyable, a bit more challenging than my druid healer seeing as I can't heal while moving and all.

5. I don't find shamans boring. I am currently lvling my shammy as elemental with dual spec resto for rdfs. I find them enjoyable, a bit more challenging than my druid healer seeing as I can't heal while moving and all.
    It can be boring if your raiding (Just maintain your energized proc and spam chain heal)
    but PVPing is where it gets challenging because you are forced to utilize almost all your totems and spells to survive and win

6. It can be boring if your raiding (Just maintain your energized proc and spam chain heal)
    but PVPing is where it gets challenging because you are forced to utilize almost all your totems and spells to survive and win
    in my opinion resto shami is the hardest healer when it comes to arena.
    to play it good u need to slow the enemy, interrupt him with wind shear, drop grounding totem at the right time and while u do all this stuff u need to heal aswell.

Jiflif
    healing in general isn't very exciting, you're more or less just playing "whack-a-mole" while raiding
    "

Meowy
    healing in general isn't very exciting, you're more or less just playing "whack-a-mole" while raiding
    "
    Well that's true... it only gets exciting at bosses that requires constant big heals: Marrowgar HC, Anubarak(Toc) hc, etc.

In rdfs, my dk doesn't even need a healer at all ^^

LittleMonstr
    I don't think shaman is boring.Yes its correct that you dont have to many healing spells but overall I dont think it gets boring. You do good healing and have to pull out your heals depending on the situation. When you only spam chain heal you cant play shaman correctly.

In my opinion Heal Paladin and Disciplin Priest are much more boring!:D

10. When you only spam chain heal you cant play shaman correctly.
    When you are a group healer, chain heal is probably the only spell you have to use. But maxing out hps with chain heal is harder than many people think. Its more than "wrack a mole" when you want to minimize overheal and placing you ch on the perfect target every time. The speed and the fact that you do not know where your ch jumps to, makes it hard to select the next perfect target.

In my opinion Heal Paladin and Disciplin Priest are much more boring!:D
    Hpala is boring as long as everything going well, but when things messing up, you need balls to hold up everyone with only singletarget heals.
    Do not know what should be boring with diszi. As group healer you have a lot of work to be skilled, when you only react as diszi its boring, but thats not the way to play one.

Decepticon666
    I love sham heal, never played anything else really, i do find it hard to move around and heal as we only have 1 instant cast heal.

it is sorta like whak'a'mole.

depending on the encounter will depend on how boring you find it.

12. "Do not know what should be boring with diszi. As group healer you have a lot of work to be skilled, when you only react as diszi its boring, but thats not the way to play one."

Problem on molten is, discs ony shield. They dont even care that they have many other spells to use. They just spam shield and that is boring.

Amples
    I know for a fact that I use my other spells as Disc, but the problem is, you can get by with just Shields because you either don't have the time to (intense damage that if you cast PoH somebody's gonna die; happens when undergeared) or don't need to (other healers overgearing that you don't need PoH/PoM/etc). Bugged Pain and Suffering, anyone?