kitwinz

Remake of Gag

Back in the days of The Burning Crusade there was an addon called Gag that would let you use custom emotes and sounds. It made the game less tedious and boring while farming and also added a new level of fun and attitude to gameplay in general. It stopped working in Wrath because of the updated LUA, and it would cause your game to not display the chatbox, and other various annoyances if you tried to use it.

I have remade it, and added new emotes and sounds!

It's very lightweight, has no clutter, and doesn't slow down gameplay. It only uses slash commands.

If you are interested, you can download it HERE.

Here is a short video demo that I made of my UI and what the gag addon does. The music/emote is from the addon. To skip to the addon demo, it starts at 0:34.

[YT]XHa-P8jbzFg[/YT]

If you download it, just install it like any other addon, and verify that it's checked at the login screen, and in game you will get a msg at logon that says "Kit Gag Active". From there, to see the list of available emotes, you can type /kitgag or /oldgag .

There are about 150 different emotes you can use, all with their own sounds and actions.
    Anyone else who has the addon installed will also see/hear the sounds.

I know a lot of you will probably be like "this is stupid" or "how does this help my gameplay?"...
    well... the truth is... it IS stupid, and it doesn't help you pwn people better... BUT it's entertaining and fun. Take it for what it is!

Let me know what you think of it if you decide to download it.

Currently, it only works for WOTLK. If enough people like it, I will update it for Cata also.

If you have other questions about something you see in my UI, feel free to ask!

NOTE- there is only 1 bug with this addon, and it's not really a bug, just a matter of game mechanics... the way sound is played, if you use the addon to play a sound, the sound can not be stopped until it's finished playing, and also, if you play another sound while an emote is already in progress, it will overlap and play both at once. Mildly annoying, I know, but for now until I update it, just don't play more than one at a time. :P

Danforth
    It is realy well made. Tried it by myself and works great. Just i wonder why comments. Btw question for you: i mastered C++ few years ago (first i trained python but thats other story) and is it wort it to take consider at LUA (its not that to make addons by myself just to later help in other people project)?

kitwinz
    Personally, my attitude is the more you can learn the better, no matter what it is! :D

LUA is useful for games and gaming environments. It's used in a lot of MMO's in some way or form.
    I just started learning it last year and I was amazed with what I could do with it in game.
    It's also handy to help others out with their questions. Not many "LUA for beginners" guides out there haha
    ---------------------------------
    OH and thanks for the good review! I'm glad you like the addon :D