1. Enhancement shaman vs Retadin

Hi,
    I'm actually level 43 (enhancement), and my friend is also level 43 (he is retribution paladin)
    I usually never have problem fighting vs him with any class, but when he play his paladin, I just get bursted down in 3 sec, with his instant Excorsim and Seal of Command.
    If i happens to survive and attack him, my damage doesn't even get him under 50% and hell just Divine Shield.

So, as enhancement shaman, how am I supposed to beat a retribution paladin ?

2. You can't kill paladins at low levels..they are the strongest class while leveling..but if we are talking about killing retries on 85lv it's much easier and there are lots of ways.

3. My bad, I should have specified it's for 3.3.5, since you are talking about Cataclysm :/

4. Hi,
    I'm actually level 43 (enhancement), and my friend is also level 43 (he is retribution paladin)
    I usually never have problem fighting vs him with any class, but when he play his paladin, I just get bursted down in 3 sec, with his instant Excorsim and Seal of Command.
    If i happens to survive and attack him, my damage doesn't even get him under 50% and hell just Divine Shield.

So, as enhancement shaman, how am I supposed to beat a retribution paladin ?
    Purge + ground totem oups ! O_-

5. Just replayed a duel against him
    I always ground his stun
    I always get my friend down to something like 300 hp, but he just Lay on Hands and then, a Seal of command hit, a lucky crit and insta excorcism deal like 1k damage and i die before I can heal :/

Amples
    There's a reason why you can't use Lay on Hands in arena. Well if you brought him down to 300 HP then you're doing fine; if you manage to kill him again after LoH then great.

If he's saving up for LoH then he won't be able to use Divine Protection/Divine Shield (sorry but I don't remember at what level you get those, but IIRC DProt is like level 12). At that level you don't have Maelstrom Weapon (which will make things much better for you) so once you gain some levels you might actually beat him even with LoH. WF/WF, try to kill him (twice) before he kills you, as that's your main bet before you can get MW for insta-heals. Keep up Lightning Shield, and refresh if you have a spare GCD. Try to save Stormstrike+Lava Lash for when he's approaching low, as it *might* do enough damage to kill him before he pops LoH.

7. Thanks for the advices, I guess I'll wait until Feral Spirits and MW to fight him again :D

And actually, Im using WF/FB because I have the Frozen power talent, is WF/WF better even with that talent ?

Amples
    Well, both of you are melee classes, so it'll all come down to mano-a-mano. Snaring him does jack squat when you must stay at melee range in order to do damage, and if you try to run away using Frost Shock he'll just Hand of Freedom or Cleanse. Plus, both of you have heals. I can see the merits of a drawn-out fight, though, as you've got Water Shield. Also, pardon me for forgetting that you're only level 43, as you don't have Lava Lash at that level yet (level 45), so change the Lava Lash for an Earth Shock for burst (Flame Shock whenever it drops, else, Earth Shock). If you can glyph your Stoneskin Totem then do so for a mini-shield. Purging him also helps (before he closes the distance), as if you remove their BoM/BoK and other buffs, you can survive better. If you see Wings, Ghost Wolf (if talented) and run, then run while Purging (use Frost Shock) and when it disappears then go back at melee range.

WF/WF does more damage than WF/FB even with the talent. And Feral Spirits is bugged here IIRC (but you can use its speed bonus to kite and heal), so the point you're aiming for is MW really (level 59, 60 if you include Feral Spirit). Even if it didn't, I'd advice you to take WF/WF just for the burst factor (which is your problem, as your friend tends to pop LoH at the lowest HP possible).

9. Thanks for these advices, we are level 45 now, so I finally have Lava Lash, and the Stoneclaw Totem will have to wait (very expensive here).
    I tried a new tactic today, kiting him was very effective since I still don't have shamanistic rage and MW for melee. I kited him with frost shock, earthbind, and instant ghost wolf and purging his hand of freedom

Btw, since FT weapon is weak, I guess it's nor worth to keep Frozen power ?

Sagarmatra
    Frozen power isn't as good, because here the ICD of WF weapon is bugged, thus making WF/WF by far the best combination.

TerminusMac
    WF doesn't have ICD?

iAmAthirat
    It has. ;)

13. Frozen power isn't as good, because here the ICD of WF weapon is bugged, thus making WF/WF by far the best combination.
    major facepalm..icd is there only evidently u lack brainpower to comprehend that it procs from both weapons.

14. honestly pvp pre 85 or whatever is dumb and ******edly unbalanced its not even worth mentioning because it sucks. wait till 85 and fight him