1. FFB vs FB vs Arcane

Wich one is better, state your arguments clearly, support your statements with pictures or theory craft.

For wotlk, endgame: ICC 10hc , 25 , 25 hc and RS

Let the debate begin.

2. Ignite spec is the best.
    You realise that two of the specs he listed include Ignite?

3. You realise that two of the specs he listed include Ignite?
    Why do you think I said "ignite spec"? both of them end up having 50-60% damage done by ignite...

With icc buff double dipping these spec do insane dps. (let's not forget partial resist from raid boss not working)

4. Why do you think I said "ignite spec"? both of them end up having 50-60% damage done by ignite...

With icc buff double dipping these spec do insane dps. (let's not forget partial resist from raid boss not working)
    Specifically not working on molten, because is not the only server i play :d even though i am a ffb mage here :3

5. arcane sux bcz it sux , good maybe only in icc10 normal if you geared 277ilvl (icc 25 hc ) with good group if you kill boses in less than minute.

fb didnt' really tried but seems torment of weak not always work so only ffb left

and about ignite stop talking nonsenses in icc with ~80-85% crit on ffb it does only 35-40% dmg

6. What debate? Seriously, how many times does such a thread need to be opened so you finally learn?

If Torment of the Weak doesn't work, then the answer is simple:

High-end geared: FFB> FB > Arcane

Otherwise FB > FFB

Low-geared: Arcane > FFB > FB

High-end geared (with working TotW): FB> FFB > Arcane

Arcane's worthless because of delays often removing one Arc Missile and because Improved Ret Aura gives the same +3% dmg buff and a Ret > Arcane and there's always at least 1 Ret in a 25man raid. Who cares about 10mans? This is WotLK, not Cata.

Blmaestro
    Just roll ffb. Until ttw is fixed.

8. off courst FFB since we waiting for fix

9. Don't go for arcane at end-game gear. On Molten the channeling spells(Arcane Missiles) are bugged and you fire like 3 out of 5 missiles. This ends up being a big dps loss. Also the arcane spec is NOT bugged. It's dps is in fact normal to what an arcane mage would do on retail 3.3.5. The problem is that the other specs are bugged in a good way and they do much more damage.

10. There is nothing "bugged" in fire specs, its the overall damage calculations. All damage done as % of crits or hit or whatever has +60% bonus in icc instead of +30%. Palas, mages, hunters, warrs benefit from this.

11. Fire TTW > FFB if everything is retail like. I have a big suspicion that Frostfire is double dipping from ICC Aura, resulting 4x instead of 2x crit modifier for the spec. Along with the TTW bug, it pushed Frostfire to the top.

12. Tell that to retail. Even Arcane is better then FFB back there. There is something majorly wrong that is pushing that spec to the top. Even if its only ignite dipping, then Fire/TTW should still be up there. But its not, so there is another factor(or factors).

13. I just love how you keep arguing when you dont know whats bugged and whats not, simply because "this is how it was on retail" :D

14. Since we're on a private server, there is really no way of theory crafting. I especially can't since my WOTLK mage migrated to Cata, and I just left it there. However, I do know that Fire/TTW wtfpwn Frostfire after 3.1 on retail. Which mean that Frostfire got some element wrong that is pushing it over Fire.

12 Last