1. Torn Between factions... HALP!

I really can't decide between the 2 factions. I love horde, I've been playing since TBC. I mainly want to PVP and raid a little once Im capped for the week. I have multiple 85s on both servers... Here is my unbiased opinnion and what I've observed so far from playing here on sargeras..

Alliance:
    *More premades
    *Better Quality of pvp players.
    *Friendly players
    *Not really much pve going on here

Horde:
    *Better quality of PVE players (besides random heroics... horrible)
    *More raids and pve
    *Some friendly players but lots of jerks and trolls.
    *Some pvp but not really

What I want to know from the players here honest opinion which faction wins more here without premades and overall what side do you think is it worth more to play considering what I mainly want to do?
    Thanks

2. Choose the side you enjoy.
    If the 5 other threads which have devolved into flame wars and petty arguments aren't proof enough, you won't get an unbiased, helpful answer here. You pick the side you enjoy more, and don't let faction fanboys or the "I've been on both sides and <faction> is so much better!!!" influence your decision with fallacies and soothing words. Nobody here knows what side you should be on; only you should decide.
    There's been at least 5 threads in this section on who is better in PvP, and quite frankly the only useful information you'll get out of those threads is the fact that each side talks a lot of crap. You're going to hear the entirety of WOHL or other gungho Horde players claim their dominance, and then see a rebuttal by angered Alliance players, and thus the flame war will begin.
    So please, before you or anyone else starts another thread like this which will almost certainly do nothing but instigate a bragging/flaming/bashing war, just pick the side you enjoy. Of particular interest would be a guild; find one you like and stick with it.
    Premades in general don't lose often. And when they clash, you can ask Jyxi, they produce (often) mixed results.
    Search "Contemplating going to the Horde" in this section. There's your predecessor and how it turned out.

HellThrone
    Let me correct it for u

Horde:
    *More premades
    *Better Quality of pvp players.

Alliance:
    *Some pvp but not really
    I say horde is better in both pvp and pve but still its ur call to choose horde or alliance ;)

4. I've been in both factions and Horde is better.

Umad?

alemaobr
    I've been in both factions and Horde is better.
    Me 2 and i agree i changed most of my ally tons for Horde cuz imo Horde better in both pvp and pve, but is your call anyway

6. horde also have more beneficial racial abilities for pve

7. horde also have more beneficial racial abilities for pve
    I guess that depends. Overall yeah, although passive Spirit/Intellect buffs aren't too terrible.

Antalar
    throw a dice

1 3 5 = alliance

2 4 6 = horde

... done!

9. If you're not braindead, roll Alliance.

If you are, please roll Horde.

Haoshoku
    And so it begins

11. Choose the side you enjoy.
    If the 5 other threads which have devolved into flame wars and petty arguments aren't proof enough, you won't get an unbiased, helpful answer here. You pick the side you enjoy more, and don't let faction fanboys or the "I've been on both sides and <faction> is so much better!!!" influence your decision with fallacies and soothing words. Nobody here knows what side you should be on; only you should decide.
    There's been at least 5 threads in this section on who is better in PvP, and quite frankly the only useful information you'll get out of those threads is the fact that each side talks a lot of crap. You're going to hear the entirety of WOHL or other gungho Horde players claim their dominance, and then see a rebuttal by angered Alliance players, and thus the flame war will begin.
    So please, before you or anyone else starts another thread like this which will almost certainly do nothing but instigate a bragging/flaming/bashing war, just pick the side you enjoy. Of particular interest would be a guild; find one you like and stick with it.
    Premades in general don't lose often. And when they clash, you can ask Jyxi, they produce (often) mixed results.
    Search "Contemplating going to the Horde" in this section. There's your predecessor and how it turned out.
    Thank you Orphic.

We dont need any flame wars so I will keep this unbiased.

I have been both, and there are many pros and cons to both.

Alliance:
    Loyalty - I only recently returned to Alliance and I was welcomed back happily. Friends still remembered me, standing in Elwynn was a great thing and those you make friends with stay friends.
    Brave - When Alliance are losing a BG they dont give up, on horde when we camp their GY in BGs they still spawn and they still put up a great fight before their inevitable death.
    Co-operation - Whenever there was a city raid/Tol Barad base rape, they do it in style. I got annoyed and went with one other Horde to the TB base, after a good fight and we finally died they had actually made a 10 man raid for 2 people, something horde dont do.

PvP wise, it's sparse but those who do PvP are the ones who are skilled, take the likes of Svetox and Kuczo, best Warriors on the server. The likes of Fiirge, Dubsteps, Tobers they were all Alliance, and they did Alliance proud. The quality of those who PvP are high and if their premade meets our premade it is a bloody good fight.

PvE - I used to struggle getting a BH run together back then, and when I returned for a brief period I never even managed to get one done, it just doesnt happen. Power to the Unity are the best PvE guild on Alliance, full cleared BWD and BOT and think they are 2/4 in BWD HC too. Yes they are not ANO or Myrm but they represent Alliance PvE and do it well.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Horde:
    Fierce - Horde are an unstoppable force when messed with, especially if you mess with the wrong people. You mess with one Horde you mess with them all.
    Overpowering - When Horde do something they do it with style, They come Stormwind, they bring 40 of the best. They BG they will bring the fight to Alliance.
    Leadership - There are clear leaders in Horde, You have Insane of Myrmidons, he wants to PvE he bloody makes sure it gets done right. Then you have Hellthrone of WOHL, he'll show you how to bring Alliance pain in PvP.

PvP - There is one strong leading PvP guild on ther server, but with the big PvE guild like ANO and Myrm also holding their own on the Arena ladder it's hard to not miss the strength Horde have in PvP. Saying that when you get a pug BG it can go HORRIBLY wrong. You will find yourself carrying a lot of undergeared people. Not everyone is a god.

PvE - The two strongest PvE guild, both holding Molten firsts for raids are on Horde. Get your gear, show you can follow leadership and have a brain and it will get you far, even the pug raid manage to at least down 1 boss in each raid, so there isnt much to lose out on joining one.

I hope I was balanced about both factions. The last thing we need is this turning into a trolling fight. OP the decision is yours, we cannot force you in anyway.

12. Thank you Orphic.

We dont need any flame wars so I will keep this unbiased.

I have been both, and there are many pros and cons to both.

Alliance:
    Loyalty - I only recently returned to Alliance and I was welcomed back happily. Friends still remembered me, standing in Elwynn was a great thing and those you make friends with stay friends.
    Brave - When Alliance are losing a BG they dont give up, on horde when we camp their GY in BGs they still spawn and they still put up a great fight before their inevitable death.
    Co-operation - Whenever there was a city raid/Tol Barad base rape, they do it in style. I got annoyed and went with one other Horde to the TB base, after a good fight and we finally died they had actually made a 10 man raid for 2 people, something horde dont do.

PvP wise, it's sparse but those who do PvP are the ones who are skilled, take the likes of Svetox and Kuczo, best Warriors on the server. The likes of Fiirge, Dubsteps, Tobers they were all Alliance, and they did Alliance proud. The quality of those who PvP are high and if their premade meets our premade it is a bloody good fight.

PvE - I used to struggle getting a BH run together back then, and when I returned for a brief period I never even managed to get one done, it just doesnt happen. Power to the Unity are the best PvE guild on Alliance, full cleared BWD and BOT and think they are 2/4 in BWD HC too. Yes they are not ANO or Myrm but they represent Alliance PvE and do it well.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Horde:
    Fierce - Horde are an unstoppable force when messed with, especially if you mess with the wrong people. You mess with one Horde you mess with them all.
    Overpowering - When Horde do something they do it with style, They come Stormwind, they bring 40 of the best. They BG they will bring the fight to Alliance.
    Leadership - There are clear leaders in Horde, You have Insane of Myrmidons, he wants to PvE he bloody makes sure it gets done right. Then you have Hellthrone of WOHL, he'll show you how to bring Alliance pain in PvP.

PvP - There is one strong leading PvP guild on ther server, but with the big PvE guild like ANO and Myrm also holding their own on the Arena ladder it's hard to not miss the strength Horde have in PvP. Saying that when you get a pug BG it can go HORRIBLY wrong. You will find yourself carrying a lot of undergeared people. Not everyone is a god.

PvE - The two strongest PvE guild, both holding Molten firsts for raids are on Horde. Get your gear, show you can follow leadership and have a brain and it will get you far, even the pug raid manage to at least down 1 boss in each raid, so there isnt much to lose out on joining one.

I hope I was balanced about both factions. The last thing we need is this turning into a trolling fight. OP the decision is yours, we cannot force you in anyway.

Thank you for your reply Jyxi. You handled it with class and I enjoyed reading this. :D

13. If you're not braindead, roll Alliance.

If you are, please roll Horde.
    Do you honestly want to know the difference between Horde and Alliance?

PvP

Alliance: Definately more active in terms of arena (competative) PvP, but lacks in BG/World (e-peen flexing) PvP. Overall better players, nicer players, and more active when it comes to arena queues.

Horde: Takes pride in raiding Stormwind when nobody is online, and takes screenshots of every BG that they run with 10man premades (4 healers, of course). Rarely seen above 2.2k MMR in 2s/3s, Horde PvP basically died after Kuzco transferred to Alliance.

PvE

Alliance: Power of the Unity is currently the farthest progressed guild on Alliance, only 2? bosses behind Myrm/AnO. Most of the decent raiding guilds transferred off Sargeras.

Horde: Ano and Myrmidons are, I believe, the teo farthest progressed PvE guilds on Molten 4.0.6. Both excellent guilds led by amazing officers. Horde is easily the better choice for PvE.

Guilds

Alliance:
    ÔÇó Power of the Unity - PvE
    ÔÇó Tears Sustain Me - PvP
    ÔÇó Gatekeepers - PvP, although pretty small
    ÔÇó Knights of the Light - PvP, also decently small

Horde:
    ÔÇó Myrmidons - PvE
    ÔÇó Alpha and Omega - PvE (Banned for exploiting raid mechanics a while ago, not sure what happened with that)
    ÔÇó Wrath of Hell Legion - Claims to be PvP, still not sure.

Honestly, Myrm and AnO are both better PvP guilds than WOHL. WOHL's members are arrogant and immature, and are usually, along with Caylara, the source of every problem/fight on Sargeras.

In the end, nobody here can make your decision for you. We're all biased in some way, so you have to find which side you like the best and just stay with it.

14. Do you honestly want to know the difference between Horde and Alliance?

PvP

Alliance: Definately more active in terms of arena (competative) PvP, but lacks in BG/World (e-peen flexing) PvP. Overall better players, nicer players, and more active when it comes to arena queues.

Horde: Takes pride in raiding Stormwind when nobody is online, and takes screenshots of every BG that they run with 10man premades (4 healers, of course). Rarely seen above 2.2k MMR in 2s/3s, Horde PvP basically died after Kuzco transferred to Alliance.

PvE

Alliance: Power of the Unity is currently the farthest progressed guild on Alliance, only 2? bosses behind Myrm/AnO. Most of the decent raiding guilds transferred off Sargeras.

Horde: Ano and Myrmidons are, I believe, the teo farthest progressed PvE guilds on Molten 4.0.6. Both excellent guilds led by amazing officers. Horde is easily the better choice for PvE.

Guilds

Alliance:
    ÔÇó Power of the Unity - PvE
    ÔÇó Tears Sustain Me - PvP
    ÔÇó Gatekeepers - PvP, although pretty small
    ÔÇó Knights of the Light - PvP, also decently small

Horde:
    ÔÇó Myrmidons - PvE
    ÔÇó Alpha and Omega - PvE (Banned for exploiting raid mechanics a while ago, not sure what happened with that)
    ÔÇó Wrath of Hell Legion - Claims to be PvP, still not sure.

Honestly, Myrm and AnO are both better PvP guilds than WOHL. WOHL's members are arrogant and immature, and are usually, along with Caylara, the source of every problem/fight on Sargeras.

In the end, nobody here can make your decision for you. We're all biased in some way, so you have to find which side you like the best and just stay with it.
    So you say that horde is not good in pvp and you say to some players that they are bad that you dont even know. And why you dont raid Org then if horde raids Sw. The last time i checked armory only horde was in the top ranks in every ladder.

15. Who did I insult? I gave my honest opinion after playing four characters on Sarg for almost a year and a half.

Alliance has always been higher rated and more active in arenas, ESPECIALLY after Kuzco left Horde. If you want to argue against that, look at the ladders from last season.

I don't raid Org because:
    • It's a waste of time.
    • It means nothing.
    • I don't play on Sarg anymore.
    • Nobody wants to go sit in Org for hours.

123 ... Last