usy313

PvP Enable / Disable

What is the difference between Pvp enable / disable, because on my char it's set of Disabled so I can level peacefully , but suddenly 3 doughebags 85's alliance players just farm my level 81 char. So I'm just wondering..what is the difference? And why the hell they make this game like that. farm lower levels because you're too noob to kill level 85 players.

imperianman
    What is the difference between Pvp enable / disable, because on my char it's set of Disabled so I can level peacefully , but suddenly 3 doughebags 85's alliance players just farm my level 81 char. So I'm just wondering..what is the difference? And why the hell they make this game like that. farm lower levels because you're too noob to kill level 85 players.
    Boy I hope you are alliance.....

3. with PVP enabled players from the opposite faction can attack you in "green" zones (for exemple stormwind if youre alliance), with it disabled they cant. in contested zones it doesnt change anything since sargeras is pvp only

4. Why don't just enable it for all servers ? I know it's a PvP server and whatever (still wondering if this PvP status is related to stability issues as I heard about other servers), but I think it's very annoying being ress killed while levelling or while summoning people in raids.

I must say I hate PvP, but I think that if you want to have some competitive PvP you have to join arenas of BGs instead of killing random people who cannot react or who don't like PvP at all.

IMO obviously.

5. Why don't just enable it for all servers ? I know it's a PvP server and whatever (still wondering if this PvP status is related to stability issues as I heard about other servers), but I think it's very annoying being ress killed while levelling or while summoning people in raids.

I must say I hate PvP, but I think that if you want to have some competitive PvP you have to join arenas of BGs instead of killing random people who cannot react or who don't like PvP at all.

IMO obviously.
    Retail has PvE realms, where you can't attack people anywhere in the world except your cities and starting zones, but sadly all of molten realms are PvP.

6. Retail has PvE realms, where you can't attack people anywhere in the world except your cities and starting zones, but sadly all of molten realms are PvP.
    So here comes my suggestion to enable PvP on/off as if we were in a PvE server. Obviously I do not know if this is possible from a technical point of view, but I'm sure all PvE players would be glad. As I said before not everybody likes PvP, but as far as I know there are no PvE servers as good as Molten (except retail of course).

So if I like PvP even while levelling I just turn my PvP flag on and start killing people around (unless they kill me first); if I don't like PvP I simply flag myself as PvP off and I'll be safe for the rest of my life (and not only in my city). I know lots of people who avoid playing on Molten because of its PvP only realms. Obviously some areas like Wintergrasp or Tol Barad won't be affected from this kind of PvP limitation (it would be stupid).

I really think it could be awesome. Right know PvE users are "discriminated" in relation to PvP users (I hope not to be misunderstood, but I don't know how to express this idea in other ways).

I hope my idea is understandable and sorry for possible grammar errors :)

7. So here comes my suggestion to enable PvP on/off as if we were in a PvE server. Obviously I do not know if this is possible from a technical point of view, but I'm sure all PvE players would be glad. As I said before not everybody likes PvP, but as far as I know there are no PvE servers as good as Molten (except retail of course).

So if I like PvP even while levelling I just turn my PvP flag on and start killing people around (unless they kill me first); if I don't like PvP I simply flag myself as PvP off and I'll be safe for the rest of my life (and not only in my city). I know lots of people who avoid playing on Molten because of its PvP only realms. Obviously some areas like Wintergrasp or Tol Barad won't be affected from this kind of PvP limitation (it would be stupid).

I really think it could be awesome. Right know PvE users are "discriminated" in relation to PvP users (I hope not to be misunderstood, but I don't know how to express this idea in other ways).

pve realms/pvp toggle has been suggested many times, adn its always denied. if your not happy with how molten runs it's realms your free to leave and find another server.

8. So here comes my suggestion to enable PvP on/off as if we were in a PvE server. Obviously I do not know if this is possible from a technical point of view, but I'm sure all PvE players would be glad. As I said before not everybody likes PvP, but as far as I know there are no PvE servers as good as Molten (except retail of course).

It's understandable but that doesn't look like a suggestion, it's more of an out cry. Changing a realm to PvE all of a sudden because you don't like to get ganked is not a suggestion. But in any case it was asked and denied many times, so it's not gonna happen any time soon.

Avoiding world PvP is pretty simple on high rates and after you hit level cap you probably will never come in those areas ever again, not to mention there's no world pvp on either expansion other than ganking lowbies and camping hellfire pen. or booty bay while waiting for a battleground pop. So there's actually no reason for a PvE realm when it's already fairly considered a PvE realm.

9. It's understandable but that doesn't look like a suggestion, it's more of an out cry. Changing a realm to PvE all of a sudden because you don't like to get ganked is not a suggestion. But in any case it was asked and denied many times, so it's not gonna happen any time soon.

Avoiding world PvP is pretty simple on high rates and after you hit level cap you probably will never come in those areas ever again, not to mention there's no world pvp on either expansion other than ganking lowbies and camping hellfire pen. or booty bay while waiting for a battleground pop. So there's actually no reason for a PvE realm when it's already fairly considered a PvE realm.
    I'm not crying because I've been killed and I'm not asking to change realm into a PvE one, just to introduce a different way of using PvP flags. My request obviously is not for lvl 85 characters, but for low level players. If you read my post the idea is totally different from the one you've summed up.

Btw if the question has already been asked and answered by Molten's staff then it's unnecessary to continue talking about that.

10. I'm not crying because I've been killed and I'm not asking to change realm into a PvE one, just to introduce a different way of using PvP flags. My request obviously is not for lvl 85 characters, but for low level players. If you read my post the idea is totally different from the one you've summed up.

Btw if the question has already been asked and answered by Molten's staff then it's unnecessary to continue talking about that.
    Then you are making a PvE realm, which won't happen. if you change the ways flags work, then it's not blizzlike.

Syphlex
    with PVP enabled players from the opposite faction can attack you in "green" zones (for exemple stormwind if youre alliance), with it disabled they cant. in contested zones it doesnt change anything since sargeras is pvp only
    So if sergaras is pvp only, why are the devs wasting time coding instances? And if its PvP only, what classes are all those big *** players with 30 mil hp hanging out in BoT and BWD?

12. So if sergaras is pvp only, why are the devs wasting time coding instances? And if its PvP only, what classes are all those big *** players with 30 mil hp hanging out in BoT and BWD?
    PvP realm =/= PvP only realm. Pvp realm means pvp is always enabled except in green zones, whereas pve realm means you can only engage in fight with other faction if your flag is set to enable.

Btw I do agree with this, given that people who want to do world pvp can still turn on their flags in open areas, while people like me who are not interested in world pvp are forced to do corpse runs simply because someone else wants to do world pvp.

13. PvP realm =/= PvP only realm. Pvp realm means pvp is always enabled except in green zones, whereas pve realm means you can only engage in fight with other faction if your flag is set to enable.

Btw I do agree with this, given that people who want to do world pvp can still turn on their flags in open areas, while people like me who are not interested in world pvp are forced to do corpse runs simply because someone else wants to do world pvp.
    That's what I was talking about :)

Thaldros
    Bottom line is a 'normal' (aka, soccer mom friendly) realm has been suggested and duly denied numerous times already.

You're posting on the Sargeras forum, a realm with 20x rates. If you're being ganked, you only need to complete 2-3 quests before you can switch to a higher zone. If you're being camped, use your wits to escape, or better yet, log out and do something else for a short while.

As someone who loves and prefers the PVP aspect of the game, even I find it a pain levelling up, but once you do, start learning your class and gearing up. Eventually, even someone who despises PVP will be able to glean satisfaction from bettering another player.

Or, just get to 85 and stick to scripted raid sequences that never change. Whatever makes you happy.

12 Last