1. Class imbalance question

Im askign this here since Blizzard, originally, wanted to keep Shaman and Paladin perfectly balanced - i know that changed with Introduction of BC where Horde got Palas and Ally Shaman but actually i see balance heavily devestated here. Shamans cant tank - Palas can. Shamans can DPS Palas can too. Shamans can Groupheal, Palas Singleheal. Palas got 10 Sec immunity, shamans dont. Pals got Stun, Shamans got windshear (stun is of more use)

In Wotlk i simply think Palas are slightly OP compared to other classes in general. They can just do everything + got nice extras like bubble to escape difficult situations. They got almost every nice stuff other classes have themselves. Ok Shamans got Waterbreathing, which Pals miss...wow. Shamans got a travel form, Palas crusader Aura which makes them very fast, mounted ^^

Its no bashing, shamans can still beat Palas in PvP but still i want to hear oppinions on this. I dont know why Palas get a 10 Sec bubble for free doing stuff - only mages have 10 secs invulnerability too and those cant do anything while in iceblock oO

2. Im askign this here since Blizzard, originally, wanted to keep Shaman and Paladin perfectly balanced - i know that changed with Introduction of BC where Horde got Palas and Ally Shaman but actually i see balance heavily devestated here. Shamans cant tank - Palas can. Shamans can DPS Palas can too. Shamans can Groupheal, Palas Singleheal. Palas got 10 Sec immunity, shamans dont. Pals got Stun, Shamans got windshear (stun is of more use)

In Wotlk i simply think Palas are slightly OP compared to other classes in general. They can just do everything + got nice extras like bubble to escape difficult situations. They got almost every nice stuff other classes have themselves. Ok Shamans got Waterbreathing, which Pals miss...wow. Shamans got a travel form, Palas crusader Aura which makes them very fast, mounted ^^

Its no bashing, shamans can still beat Palas in PvP but still i want to hear oppinions on this. I dont know why Palas get a 10 Sec bubble for free doing stuff - only mages have 10 secs invulnerability too and those cant do anything while in iceblock oO
    That said, shaman beat paladin, at least I do playing elemental, and not to mention the easier it will be in 4.3, Purge, purge, purge, purge, purge

3. shamans go entire matches without hard-casting. they can drink for minutes while their partner survives on riptide, healing totem, and earth shield alone. shamans have a 30 second anti-fear totem, and an insanely op interrupt.

shamans are practically immune to most forms of CC.

paladin's bubble is dispellable and their wings are always stolen. their guardian is their healing booster, and is on a 5 minute cooldown.

4. If you think that a stun on a long cool-down is more important than an interrupt with the potentially shortest cd in the game, I don't know what to say...
    Not to mention purge, frost shock, and a wide array of totems such as grounding, tremor and earthbind.

And then you have bl/hero...

5. they can drink for minutes while their partner survives on riptide, healing totem, and earth shield alone

shamans are practically immune to most forms of CC.
    im not into pvp but why the heck you let a healer get out of combat? and i wouldnt call being immune to poly in wolf form "immune to most forms of cc".

ot i think they gave cds to paladins cuz back in vanilla only alliance had paladins and only horde had shamans, so to pair up with the 4 totems buffs they gave paladins 10min cds. and yea bubble is ******ed specially for holydins, most classes immunity abilities causes them to be unable to act, while paladins can do everything in shield (ret has 50% dmg reduction, holy though can free cast for 100% of their heals).

durham
    shamans > paladins

iAmAthirat
    A good shaman will do more healing than paladin in most cases. At 3.3.5 patch shaman and paladin dps are quite the same. So, in conclusion, paladins are not superior to shamans in any case.

8. So DPS and heal is all that must be balanced? Yes DPS is the same but palas will last longer by far (selfheal in bubble, plate...) ans shamans are inferior in singletaretheal. Thy can groupheal better y...There is much more to both classes then simply healing and dpsing...ebsides Palas can tank, shamans are not supposed to

iAmAthirat
    Well, hunters can't tank as well. That's what makes us different, but not superior in any way :)

r0nnin
    nah hunters instead have a 3 min reset on all abilities, as opposed to rogue 5 min and mage 7 min

and Ret WoG instant heal, heals as much as a Resto Greater Healing Wave crit

damnedone

80 DPS Shammy

I'm using my bf's account out of laziness.

I'm a level 80 Enhancement/Elemental shaman. I have noticed that me playing my shaman and someone playing a paladin are probably about evenly matched, it all depends on who's playing. There's some people that know how to use the class to the maximum possible ability, because they have played it for a long time and taken the time to learn what works best for that class. I have beaten plenty of paladins, and plenty of paladins have beaten me in PVP. Some things that I love are my stone claw totem when i'm playing enhancement in PVP, and my earth bind totem when i'm playing elemental in pvp.

Really for each of these classes it just depends on your skill level with using that class. I can't just be epic on any class because it takes a while to learn the skills, learn what works, and learn what doesn't work on each class. there are also many situations that you have to experience and then take in term how you were able to handle that situation. Like if a paladin is able to stun me first, and has high dps (ret pally especially) i know that they are going to beat me before i can even get out of that stun.

Those are my 2 cents on the subject.