1. |New Dawn, A| Halion 25 Heroic *Updated 4/3/2013*

Quoting our first post,
    To the lesser of will shall we
    Say what unearthed men did see
    To the men who stay and who flee
    New Dawn is up for another spree
    Another spree, another kill, another Realm First! New Dawn now officially holds the pride, the respect and the honor of having all of the current Realm First achievements on Deathwing. Moreover, this kill is also noted as the hardest kill ever done and the actual Server First Frapsed kill of Halion on 25 man heroic mode. All those pesky eyes and disrespectful comments shall find another home. We're here, we're everywhere. We're the champions, we are the New Dawners.

We kept on tackling the Halion each Tuesday for 3 weeks. On the last week, it happened on Sunday. Back from August, this has been a large span, as well as the guild having huge ups and downs till it finally stabilized and earned what we toiled for. It is true, we have tried various tactics on the Halion. We have oriented it with every bit of tactical mastery of New Dawn's officer council and wit members. I must say, this has been very daunting. The situation that we were placed in, the fouls and faults of the encounter have made it triple heroic, but New Dawn stands today reassuring the fact:"For us, nothing is impossible."

Realm First! Grand Crusader

Realm First! Fall of the Lich King

It all started yesterday (Sunday 10th of March 2013), we chose to start our invites early as the presence of our heroes shattered the barriers. We took a look at our online list and saw the motivation and the initiative for accomplishing what we call, Mission purple. And so it was, it took a bit of time to organize the raid group. One hour summed up the raid organization and tactical orientation before the attempts. The first attempts were a warm-up, and as we tackled the Halion after every wipe, his percentage was even lesser than lesser than before. At one moment, we reached 25% but then the unfortunate events on the fire realm lead to the wipe of the raid.

After that, we called it a last try as people had work the day after. On this try, this is what happened:
    Spoiler: Show
    Fire Realm

Shadow Realm

Halion reached 5% on his hp on where it eventually berserked and wiped the raid. At this moment, everyone realized that the dragon must die. Everyone knew, without bursting the last tiny bits of everyone's DPS, this fight will not be possible. However, our heroes have proved their quality. After a 10 minute break, we did a couple of substitutes and then continued with some tries which eventually paid off our work over the months.

The percentage of Halion hit 8%, everyone felt it in their blood, "THIS IS IT!" The shadow realm was perfect while the fire realm started to have a bit of troubles. The tank for the adds got combustion while tanking the adds @ 5% of Halion. The other tank which was helping with the adds died. The DPSers were zerging the Halion as much as possible. The shaman healer died, reincarnated, then continued Flame Shocking Halion. It was CHAOS! However, with all the last efforts, the achievement popped up and Halion grasped his last breaths. The Ventrilo went MAD, tables were smashed, microphones got busted and computer monitors got damaged (?). It started. It happened. It ended.

Quoting our GMotD after the kill
    Mission purple, completed.... Some said undoable, some said it is impossible, ND tells them now:"Nothing is impossible."

The following images determine our raid setup during the encounter:

The following images determine our DPS/healing meters during the raid.

This is the overall data image of the following consecutive phases: Fire - Shadow - Fire

This is the overall DPS image of the following consecutive phases: Fire - Shadow - Shadow

This is the overall healing and absorbs done of the following consecutive phases: Fire - Shadow - Fire

The boss dropped the following:

Image of loot:

Unfortunately, the loot was just like the one you get from 25 normal mode. It is a mischievous act to not grant the people who actually did this foul encounter loot that suits the time dedicated for such a kill.

This is the FRAPS of the kill. We made sure to fraps this encounter, to whoever has speculations, to whoever likes to theorycraft on his own.

[YT]330eCxZtQhI[/YT]

Last but not least, we gathered around Halion and did some great pictures.

T-shirts are now available! Contact Joltie for more information.

My last words on this, I can say this has been a long journey. This proves what people of wit and wisdom say, with dedication, with a pure heart, nothing is impossible.

Updated 4/3/2013!

Halion 25 HC is Down, Again

It is true about what they say, if you give too much attention to others you'll move astray from your goals. In New Dawn, we set our goals and work hard to earn our achievements. I'll be using a type of introduction that some overstated people have been used to.

"While some 'people' need to spend time on creating new parody guilds, others trying their best to boast their achievements by losing their sense of humanity and respect. When some guilds request private GM assistance to monitor our Halion kills, others exposing their trolling skills on the forums. While one of these guilds was going to name their kill Realm First after the fixes, New Dawn confirms the demise of Halion on the 25 man heroic difficulty as a 2nd kill in a row. "

3 hours of rigid attempts that almost always ended up at a <30 percentage against the Halion , some of which ended at 3 and 4 percentage of the boss, we have downed him yetagain on the same day of raid assembly. As they say, practice makes perfect. Everyone knew that the encounter needs nothing but a bit of focus and will. Everyone knew, everyone was right, everyone did it.

What was the raid setup?

• Tanks
      • Anyone (Main Halion Physical Realm Tank)
      • Elites (Tank for Halion's Adds)
      • Arianora (Additional Tank in the Physical Realm for the Living Inferno)
      • Didkoo (Main Shadow Tank)
    • DPS
      • Contact
        • Ddsmasher (Retribution)
        • Mihaal (Retribution)
        • Ronhill (Fury)
        • Lood (Retribution)
        • Combatdamage (Combat)
        • Machor (Feral)
        • Trsitelj (Feral)
        • Smoriisha[ (Enhancement)
      • Range
        • Velosao (MM)
        • Oodichild (MM)
        • Slobba (FFB)
        • Furiesrage (Balance)
        • Wudu (Shadow)
        • Carlcox (Demonology)
        • Boonsbane (Shadow)
        • Oprahwindfur (Elemental
    • Healers
      • Buffmemoar (Restoration)
      • Wertex (Holy)
      • Nynaeve (Restoration)
      • Lazinka (Holy)
      • Eisblumen (Discipline)

What has changed in the encounter?

After the fixes, we can confirm that:
    • Heroic loot drops with 4x items, that means one extra slot for Shadowmourne to drop.
    • Tail Lash is pertained by Halion in the Shadow Realm.

What was the loot?

Halion 25 Heroic Fraps

Shadow Priest PoV
    [YT]bc5BODRE4bs[/YT]

Protection Paladin PoV
    [YT]kwoamZazWfg[/YT]

2. Thats how realm first must be claimed - with fraps and screens,not Genius style. Congratulations on kill,you did insane job and finished WoW ,nothing left to achiew :D

MiNiiiiid
    It is a peoples shame to spit on such a great efforts of many people. Goal really doesnt matters, efforts do. And
    if someone here, on Molten does Halion 25 hc which is hardest raid boss, only words we should speak are the ones of praise.

Cheer up champions, dont let any rubbish talk to ruin your infinite time on Molten`s throne.

Congratulations to New Dawn,this is just a proof of your total strenght.

<3
    Cenarius The Starcaller :P lmao

4. Good job. Don't let anyone flame you for having to work around stupid bugs that have existed for months. I would say keep farming it but if the loot is the same as normal then shame on Molten.

5. Congratulations guys!!! This is definetly a great motivation for my guild to attempt to get Spyro the Dragon down. I'm so glad someone finally recorded a video of it!
    Big ups for you guys and keep that spirit in the guild.

Just a side question: Did they finally nerfed the damage of Living Embers or they still hit like a living truck?

6. They still hit like a living truck... :)

Thanks to all, appreciated.

Lothhlorien
    Elune-Adore all.

My sincerest congratulations, great achievement and awesome perfomance, which can only be achieved with hard work.

L?¡ke Infers say, is a big motivation for us ;) (OverDoZer - Lordaeron).

Thanks for sharing!

Elune be with you.

8. Gratz , but since when death knights do 19k dps o-o

Flipser
    Maybe its UH dk who i sproducing quite nice numbers with his wandering plague :)

10. Congratulations guys!!! This is definetly a great motivation for my guild to attempt to get Spyro the Dragon down. I'm so glad someone finally recorded a video of it!
    Big ups for you guys and keep that spirit in the guild.

Just a side question: Did they finally nerfed the damage of Living Embers or they still hit like a living truck?
    They hit like a truck. The faster you manage to separate them, the better you guys will be off. Little guys will die from aoe alone, but if you fail to separate them.. gg.

11. Elune-Adore all.

My sincerest congratulations, great achievement and awesome perfomance, which can only be achieved with hard work.

L?¡ke Infers say, is a big motivation for us ;) (OverDoZer - Lordaeron).

Thanks for sharing!

Elune be with you.
    Thank you friend

12. Very impressed to say the least. Can't wait to be trying this soon on Lorderaon.
    My only thing is, i wish your video was showing the physical realm in phaze 3, to show how you managed everything out there.
    But still, congrats on a very hard kill!

Daft - OverDoZer

Carllcox
    This week we will try do the fraps from the fire realm for everione to see the madness that is going on in the last moments. =) As we said, we are not hideing anything and the solo purpose is to give a little token back to our comunity so everione can heave the joy to raid the Ruby Sanctum 25 Heroic.

Regards

Carlcox

Guild leader of New Dawn

123 ... Last