1. @DarkenedHue
    Pushing AB after 4th really is mana inefficient, but using AM w/o AB is also quite expensive and you burn your AB buffs. It's even better to use evocation in middle of the fight than do what you just said (with that much haste Evocation is pretty fast).
    * If you do want to spend AB debuffs, there's one more reason to spec Arcane Barrage. At least to some damage when reseting it.

@Glort0R
    Don't cast FFB, it's a dps loss. For AoE you can definitelly use PoM + Flamestrike but your main source of AoE Damage should be blizzard combined with Haste procs.

-Suxus
    Edited: February 9, 2019

2. Even without Missile Barrage, AM is the best use of your mana at 4 stacks. Its mana cost isn't increased by the Arcane Blast debuff. Again, this is assuming you care about being mana efficient (if you weren't, then you'd simply continue AB spam until MB procced).

As for using Arcane Barrage instead to force a reset, well, you will be queuing AM immediately after the 4th Arcane Blast anyway in the hope that the 4th AB procs Missile Barrage. It's going to be less efficient to wait until the cast has ended and only then hitting Arcane Barrage after you see Missile Barrage hasn't procced.

3. Even without Missile Barrage, AM is the best use of your mana at 4 stacks. Its mana cost isn't increased by the Arcane Blast debuff. Again, this is assuming you care about being mana efficient (if you weren't, then you'd simply continue AB spam until MB procced).

As for using Arcane Barrage instead to force a reset, well, you will be queuing AM immediately after the 4th Arcane Blast anyway in the hope that the 4th AB procs Missile Barrage. It's going to be less efficient to wait until the cast has ended and only then hitting Arcane Barrage after you see Missile Barrage hasn't procced.
    Okay, now I agree (almost). Let's assume you're not speced with Barrage.
    If you do worry about your mana, then by all means, queue next AM immediatelly, regardless. If your mana won't be an issue, It is a calculated risk to actually wait fraction of a second to see if MB proced. Keep in mind that chance of not procing MB after 4-5 AB is really slim, your next AB can easily proc it (this is why i save PotM).
    Now, if you're running with Barrage and worried about your mana, on x4 AB, barrage will do almost the same dmg as AM without MB and costs almost half the mana. I know what you're thinking. You'd have to wait to see if MB procs. Again, you're waiting only a fraction of a second, and barrage has that 'delay bug' like Ice lance, so it's useless to spam right after AB anyway. If not worried about the mana, just ignore barrage.
    P.S. I like discussing this with you, met you in Ohana, raided with you, respected you. I haven't played Arcane lately, but I will test what you're saying and I hope you test what I'm saying. Salute.

4. Who were you in-game back in Ohana? And thanks for the kind words, only I can't do much in the way of in-game testing atm in any useful way because I'm not currently raiding at all. If you last played Arcane a long time ago, then you might be caught somewhat off-guard by the changes to the proc rate on Missile Barrage. It used to have two chances to proc Missile Barrage, but this was fixed only some months ago.

5. You said you need 650 haste to land 3 fireballs during 2 T10 cap buff, I think that's wrong considering you lose 1 second of gcd for casting pyroblast to get the buff to begin with.

6. You said you need 650 haste to land 3 fireballs during 2 T10 cap buff, I think that's wrong considering you lose 1 second of gcd for casting pyroblast to get the buff to begin with.
    cca 950 haste rating, assuming you have decent latency

7. Even though this msg wasn't aimed at me but at Shaos who's a friend of mine i'll chime in with numbers on a longer fight such as PP with the controversial "high burst no sustained dps" Arcane spec that people like to put in a box by saying that it's obviously worse than fire after a minute or a minute and a half.

Spoiler: Show
    What addons u use?

8. The t9 armor thing is not working? My crit is not changing?

9. First, sorry for me english, i use google translate.

For the TTW mage specialization we use fireball and we need the boss to have a movement reduction debuff. In my raid we do not have DK, what other class puts this debuff?

Thanks

10. May 31, 2020  
    First, sorry for me english, i use google translate.

For the TTW mage specialization we use fireball and we need the boss to have a movement reduction debuff. In my raid we do not have DK, what other class puts this debuff?

Thanks
    All tanking classes have some ability or talent that trigger Torment The Weak. For warriors it is [Thunder Clap], for paladins it is [Judgements of the Just], for druids it is [Infected Wounds] and for death knights [Frost Fever].

11. Dislodged Foreign Object for FIRE MAGE RIGHT? this guide not good guys he is noob

12. Dislodged Foreign Object for FIRE MAGE RIGHT? this guide not good guys he is noob
    I'm not quite sure what you're referring to, as the guide seems to only list DFO in the BiS list for Arcane.

13. You assume it procs every cooldown on the cooldown, so
    15 (uptime) / 45 sec (internal cd) * 295 (the amount of sp it gives) = 98.333(3)

I'm not sure if the ICD was 45, 50 or 55 but whatever it was that's how you roughly evaluate any such things.
    Isn't more viable JWC(48sp) and ENG(28sp back) constant 76sp without relying on proc? Im currently using Tail EnG but I wanna try JWC as I play frost in pvp and I would rather have 35pene and 34 resil on me all the time, because that proc in pvp is sometimes totally out of place unusable.
    Can someone confirm mainly for pve encounter if that 98sp from tailoring is accurate and if it's more viable than JWC ENG 76 constant spell power. Thanks.

14. Tailoring proc + engi hyperspeed is bis prof combination for caster dps, you can time them to be used together for ridiculous efficiency.

15. ttw fire mage is still the same rotation: Keep LB on target, Keep Scorch on target (assuming no 5% crit from other sources), Spam Fireball till Hotstreak, use Pyroblast on Hotstreak.?

I saw a few ICC25 youtube videos and i dont see they doing scorch?!

And is fire still the strongest pve spec?
    Thanks!

First ... 5678 Last