1. Pursuiting a haste cap in arcane is not worth if you loose that much SP in the process, haste cap will be fulfil when you'll get the DFO, do not gem 20 hast, prefer hybrids SP Haste gems on all Yellow and Red sockets, for blue you can go for haste spirit but when you will get the DFO make sur to get back to SP Spirit gems

Haste is a mean, but SP is the key, haste it's not worth it being at 1200 haste and only at 2K9 SP, try to climb at 3k5-4k SP at least having 1k haste only at you stage of gear is OK

Prefer the 4T10 over any HS items, the bonus is way to huge to drop it,

I hope these advices will help you get through your journey as arcane mage !

See you

Tiny

PS: if you have any other question I will be glad to help
    Thank you very much for the insight!

2. Okay so my mage is either bugged or the guide is wrong.
    I have just reached over 900 haste rating and even under Black Magic (properly talented also), I can fit 2 Fireballs in one "Pushing the Limit".
    Cast time is 2,23 into 2,00 with p2t10 and then "1,9" under Black Magic with the exception that, as supposed to be 3,8 seconds, it's actually 4,00 seconds cast time.
    Now, is my p2t10 bugged so 1 second GCD shouldn't account for having 4 seconds of p2t10 to work with, or the guide is telling me that 650 haste should effectively be 3FB's in one Pushing the Limit proc while in 4 seconds I have of Pushing the Limit, I can squeeze only 2 with 930 haste?

3. good question, i have 730 haste and i can never fit more than 2 fireballs

4. Duo to ur internet connection, you most likely wont ever fit more than 2 Fireballs within 2/5 T10 bonus with 730 Haste.
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary
    This is my mage, even with this much Haste (1043) i hardly fit 3 Fireballs within 2/5 T10 bonus, especially if i have more than my usual 50 ms.
    You need to test it yourself i guess, since we dont know your internet connection.

5. Okay so my mage is either bugged or the guide is wrong.
    I have just reached over 900 haste rating and even under Black Magic (properly talented also), I can fit 2 Fireballs in one "Pushing the Limit".
    Cast time is 2,23 into 2,00 with p2t10 and then "1,9" under Black Magic with the exception that, as supposed to be 3,8 seconds, it's actually 4,00 seconds cast time.
    Now, is my p2t10 bugged so 1 second GCD shouldn't account for having 4 seconds of p2t10 to work with, or the guide is telling me that 650 haste should effectively be 3FB's in one Pushing the Limit proc while in 4 seconds I have of Pushing the Limit, I can squeeze only 2 with 930 haste?
    Remember to factor in that the GCD used on Hot Streak isn't itself buffed by Pushing the Limits, unless you already had the buff up while using that Hot Streak. I'm unsure if it's meant to be this way.

Also there seems to be something of an issue with spell queuing that hurts your chain-casting potential the higher your latency is.

6. Hey can someone please explain to me how tailoring gives +98 SP? I just maxed out tailoring but I don't quite understand how the SP bonus works.

7. Hey can someone please explain to me how tailoring gives +98 SP? I just maxed out tailoring but I don't quite understand how the SP bonus works.
    You assume it procs every cooldown on the cooldown, so
    15 (uptime) / 45 sec (internal cd) * 295 (the amount of sp it gives) = 98.333(3)

I'm not sure if the ICD was 45, 50 or 55 but whatever it was that's how you roughly evaluate any such things.
    Edited: September 29, 2018

8. I've watched quite a number of videos from (probably retail) WotLK Fire Mages, quite a few Arcane Mages too.
    In some cases I'd see it pop as the spell is clicked (probably private) and in most of the cases I've seen it proc on hit (probably retail).

Also if we're supposed to trust a number of guides, including this one, there is a bug, it's not a visual, I've spent too much time checking into it, most of addons are quite precise (quartz,needtoknow,icehud).

How it's supposed to work is that once Pyroblast/FFB/AM connects to the target it starts the countdown.

In Warmane's case we currently lose 1 second due to GCD.

Microplay is always to be further away from the target, so Pyroblast flies longer and your GCD goes away by about the same time it hits. At that point you gain Pushing the limit counting down from 4,99 to 0.

I don't think most of the people on the server realise there is an issue and I don't know how to raise awareness without an actual retail server to compare it with nowadays.

9. i think that it is chance on spell cast, so it should proc when cast is done "when you fire a spell" and not when it's land, if it would proc on hit, it would be chance to proc on hit

10. i think that it is chance on spell cast, so it should proc when cast is done "when you fire a spell" and not when it's land, if it would proc on hit, it would be chance to proc on hit
    Lightweave is a proc on land, not on cast, you can test it out.

11. So i wanted to try out mage and i went arcane spec with it but i need some help. Is my rotation 3AB>MB or should i go 4AB>MB, some guides say 3 some say 4 ABs. Also it happens that i dont get MB proc even after 8-10 AB which strains my mana pool, should i just pop arcane missles after 5-6 ABs or do i continue casting till i get MB proc?

12. So i wanted to try out mage and i went arcane spec with it but i need some help. Is my rotation 3AB>MB or should i go 4AB>MB, some guides say 3 some say 4 ABs. Also it happens that i dont get MB proc even after 8-10 AB which strains my mana pool, should i just pop arcane missles after 5-6 ABs or do i continue casting till i get MB proc?
    After AM is cast out you're gonna proc 2/5 bonus which gives you 12% haste for 5 seconds. Going 4AB->AM will give you more dps if you can push next AM with set bonus still active. You need to have AB on cca 1.1 seconds for you to be able to pull it out (Heroism, Icy veins, PI...), otherwise, go 3AB->AM. Furthermore, going 4AB eats a lot of mana and it won't hold on longer fights, especially if you don't have good opportunity to evocate and this is why mages mostly go 3AB->AM for it saves more mana and has FASTER missiles more FREQUENTLY.
    You only want to use 4AB during hero or IV+potion of speed while trinkets and arcane power are active to maximize the effect.

Casting 8 ABs in a row and not procing missile barrage is just unlucky. No, you don't want to cast missiles nonetheless, just keep on AB until it procs. I usually save Presence of Mind for the 5th AB cause after 4th, 2/5 bonus drops off.

It's one of the reasons i also spec Arcane Barrage. Apparently, mages today avoid that because it's ''useless''. I disagree. It's the only spell you have when you have to move (not counting Fire Blast) and it can also proc missiles which will secure your next cycle. It's 1 talent point, not 3. 3/5 Arcane Stability is just fine enough.
    One more point: If 2/5 is not active, always use missile after 1st proc, don't wait around until 3-4 (starting the encounter, having to stop dps for some reason).
    If you learn to utilize Incanter's absorption very well, you should be good to go.

P.S. If you have 1400 haste rating, don't combine IV and speed potion with heroism., just use wild magic potion. Heroism with balance/retri, wrath of air totem and 2/5 is alone enough to bring AB to 1 second. And combine speed potion and IV only if you need it for 1.1 second AB, pushing it to 1 sec is useless, DR are too big.
    Edited: February 9, 2019

13. Wow this response is pretty throughout, thank you! I dont have the gear yet to pull all this out ( got my first t10pc today) but im in no hurry.

I see that you mentioned Incater's absorption but i dont have that talented ( went with this talent tree, i reckon its ok for starters http://staging.gnarlyguides.com/wp-c...wow-3.3.5a.jpg), so i wonder which talents i can dump later on to get more optimal dps?

One last question, how do I utilize PoM? I know to use it with Flamestrike for AoE and i guess i can use it like u said for 5th AB if i get no MB proc but is there any other use, like to cast ffb or something?

14. So i wanted to try out mage and i went arcane spec with it but i need some help. Is my rotation 3AB>MB or should i go 4AB>MB, some guides say 3 some say 4 ABs. Also it happens that i dont get MB proc even after 8-10 AB which strains my mana pool, should i just pop arcane missles after 5-6 ABs or do i continue casting till i get MB proc?
    If the encounter's remaining duration is long enough that mana should be a concern, just use Arcane Missiles at 4x stacks (even without the MB proc) to reset your stacks. Arcane Blast at 4x stacks, while having very good DPS, is terribly mana inefficient. Which is sort of the point of its design - it requires that you be mindful of the damage per mana of your spells.

3x ABs vs 4x ABs doesn't matter too much. If you get the Missile Barrage proc after the first 2 Arcane Blasts of the cycle, which should happen 64% of the time, queue it after the 3rd AB. If you didn't get the Missile Barrage within the first 2 casts, then you'll want to queue it after the 4th AB of the cycle. Remember that if your Missile Barrage hasn't procced and you're in the middle of your 3rd cast, you won't be waiting until the cast's end to see whether you have a proc or not. You'll want to queue a 4th AB regardless.

4x AB -> AM is seen in a lot of sources because this is the best DPS pre-2p t10, apart from straight AB spamming. 2p t10 does rather nudge things in favour of using MBAM more frequently, which is where the 3x AB -> AM comes in. It's also less hefty on your mana pool. 36% of the time you'll find yourself naturally falling into a 4x AB -> AM cycle, so don't fret over it.

First ... 45678 Last