1. May 14, 2013  
    Estimate ? lol wut.

Assuming you are expertise capped and at 9% hit.

100 - 25% glancings - 18% miss = 67% crit cap without accounting for glancings going off the table.

With glancings getting pushed off the hit table the real crit cap ( the point where crit stops benefiting auto attacks COMPLETLY) is 67%+25 = 92%

The only trade here is if its worth to sacrafise other stats in order to go above the crit cap and start pushing the glancings and how deep you should go in crit before it becomes unviable to push glancings more.
    thats exactly what he means

2. May 14, 2013  
    thats exactly what he means
    if thats the case then people should learn to express themselfs better

3. May 15, 2013  

for info about your fury warrior burst record^^

Hi im Thagarion, im a Fury-Warrior with aroudn 6.4k gs and by far not BiS equipped. I am always looking forward to improve my dps, but your record of 37k burst and 29k sustain is a great motivation^^.
    Im currently on 31k burst and 22k sustain.
    The only thing im curious about it is, have u got the Hysteria buff from a Blood Dk, in order to do that damage, and if yes, on beginning of the fight, or after your Deathwish was used?.

Greetins from Croatia,

Thagarion

4. May 16, 2013  
    The only thing im curious about it is, have u got the Hysteria buff from a Blood Dk

Thagarion

Hysteria and Tricks of the Trade

Hysteria is a helper buff that is provided by a Blood-specced Death Knight with teh small catch of dealing 1% of your max health as damage to you every second. Hysteria is Identical to Death Wish in power and Duration. Unfortunately, you cannot stack the damage buff of Hysteria with Deathwish's damage buff. If Hysteria is available to you, it is best to know beforehand so that you can time your Death Wishes afterword. Since Hysteria has a 3 minute cooldown before it can be used a second time, there's only one good way to line them up.

Hysteria 1: 0:00-0:30
    Death Wish 1: 0:30-1:00
    Death Wish 2: 2:30-3:00
    Hysteria 2: 3:00-3:30
    Death Wish 3: 4:30-5:00
    (pattern repeats +6 min)

If there is more than one Death Knight willing to give Hysteria to you, then start with Death Wish first and fill Hysteria in between. There should be no scenario in which this is absolutely required, unless you are trying to set some obsurd DPS record.

Death Wish 1: 0:00-0:30
    DK1 Hysteria 1: 0:30-1:00
    DK2 Hysteria 1: 1:00-1:30
    DK3 Hysteria 1: 1:30-2:00
    Death Wish 2: 2:00-2:30
    DK1 Hysteria 2: 3:30-4:00
    Death Wish 3: 4:00-4:30
    DK2 Hysteria 2: 4:30-5:00
    DK3 Hysteria 2: 5:00-5:30
    Death Wish 4: 6:00-6:30
    etc...

source: EJ

5. May 19, 2013  
    What you explained above perfectly applies to retail. However with gbos/gbok stacking I believe strength gains ~13% of it's original value and due to bugged attack tables the crit/exp/hit caps all differ on molten.

Pretty much crit/strength don't lose much value if at all so I would argue that vereesa's is in fact BiS atleast until someone clears up the attack table mess.

Regarding the rotation, what if your slam proc will expire if you don't use it before your next BT? How far can you push back BT and expect a DPS gain in this case?

6. May 19, 2013  
    I don't know why some people here says that Glancing can be kicked out of the table. If I'm honest, I has read Warrior's Guide in Elitist Jerks long ago (of course I didn't read all entire guide, but mostly). This part is the one I mean ->

White Table and Single-Roll

Normal melee or "white" hits have different rules than special "yellow" attacks. White attacks can glance, and have a single roll system for determining crits. For these attacks, critical strikes take priority over regular hits on the hit table. Also, white attacks can be affected by nasty glancing blows. A glancing blow is a normal hit with a percentage reduction. This percentage reduction and percent chance can differ based on the level difference between you and the mob. The percentage chance is fixed based on the level difference, however the percentage reduction is a range. The tables below show these values. Remember, %Applied=1-%Reduced. Glancing blows can only occur on normal melee swings, not specials.
    Mob Level %Applied %Chance
    83/Boss 65%-85% 24%
    82 75%-95% 20%
    81 91%-99% 15%
    80 91%-99% 10%

The base miss rate for white attacks while dual-wielding can also differ depending on the level of the mob you are trying to hit.
    Mob Level %Miss
    83/Boss 27%
    82 25%
    81 24.5%
    80 24%

The base dodge rate for white attacks can also differ depending on the level of the mob you are trying to hit.
    Mob Level %Dodge
    83/Boss 6.5%
    82 5.4%
    81 5.2%
    80 5%

Also, depending on the level of the mob, there is a certain amount of reduction in crit chance.
    Mob Level %Crit Reduction
    83/Boss 4.8%
    82 .4%
    81 .2%

From all of this information, a full hit table can be created from any scenario. Let's take a warrior with 3% anti-dodge, 12% to hit, and 40% crit rating attacking a boss mob from the back and show his hit table for white attacks:
    White Hit Type %Chance
    Miss 15%
    Dodge 3.5%
    Glancing Blow 24%
    Crit 35.2%
    Hit 22.3%

The white crit cap

It is possible that if your crit rate is too high and if you do not have sufficient anti-avoidance (expertise and hit) that there will not be enough room on the white, single-roll hit table for all of your critical strike chance. Since dodges, misses, and glances have priority over your crit rate, the hit table will have to consume part of crit rate to fit the more important aviodance and glancing. Imagine if you had a 60% crit rate versus a boss target, but had no hit rating or anti dodge. The 6.5% from dodge. 27% from miss, and 24% from glance is placed into the table first, and only leaves 42.5% of room. Instead of 60% crit rate then, your white crit rate would only be 42.5%. Each percentage of anti-avoidance you add into your stat pool essentially lifts this choke on your white crit rate.

It is possible at high gear and buff levels that this trend can occur, simply due to the fact that hit rating will not be as desirable after the yellow hit cap is reached. It is common for people to shoot for other kinds of stats other than hit rating, and can potentially run into this problem if they are not aware of it. A common gear setup with full anti-dodge, and 8% to hit will have the following white crit cap on a boss:
    White hit type percentage
    Dodge 0%
    Miss 19%
    Glancing 24%
    Crit Ceiling **57%+4.8%

**the 4.8% is added since it will be reduced via crit reduction.

So in a sense, a player with over 61.8% crit will not be able to support the overage on their white attacks without sufficient hit rating to overcome that cap. That being said, once you have realized that you have reached this cap, it is beneficial to supplement the amount of crit overage with hit rating, so that any additional crit rating upgrades are not watered down by this phenomenon.

7. May 19, 2013  
    Copypaste from E.jerks.This is molten.

ppl saying Glancing can be kicked out of the table COZ there is no CritCap on molten.

http://forum.molten-wow.com/showthread.php?t=201808

8. May 19, 2013  
    And also, at end game gear, +10 Str / +10 Crit (Ametrines/Orange Gems) do provide a DPS Gain in Almost all of the Yellow Slots. However, you should NEVER gem Crit, a weird Facination some Warrior's have here on Molten.
    unless someone can tell us the exact values of haste and crit, then there can be no wrong way to gem or even gear for that matter

crit reduces glancing, which means missed white hits turned into crits (at higher gear levels) and more heroic strikes
    crit helps deep wounds 'munching,' which if similar to the old ignite; will greatly increase the value of crit and agi

haste helps heroic strike and melee dmg
    haste has a higher value here because the offhand miss bug isnt present on molten (untick on landsouls sheet and watch haste jump in value)

10str/10crit and 10str/10haste

personally i pick t10 gloves over aldrianas and ldw legs over vdw and t10 leg. 277 gunship over 272 togc, pp belt over vdw belt
    i also 10str/10crit gem in good yellow slots

9. May 29, 2013  
    Estimate ? lol wut.

Assuming you are expertise capped and at 9% hit.

100 - 25% glancings - 18% miss = 67% crit cap without accounting for glancings going off the table.

With glancings getting pushed off the hit table the real crit cap ( the point where crit stops benefiting auto attacks COMPLETLY) is 67%+25 = 92%

The only trade here is if its worth to sacrafise other stats in order to go above the crit cap and start pushing the glancings and how deep you should go in crit before it becomes unviable to push glancings more.
    Why so serious(:

10. May 30, 2013  
    Copypaste from E.jerks.This is molten.

ppl saying Glancing can be kicked out of the table COZ there is no CritCap on molten.

http://forum.molten-wow.com/showthread.php?t=201808
    First I said that I had read that in elitist jerks, and second ppl don't need to know bugs as normal game.

11. May 30, 2013  
    First I said that I had read that in elitist jerks, and second ppl don't need to know bugs as normal game.
    No one here claimed its "the normal game", this is something people would call adapting. Its the same as in the old days when certain specs werent usable at all for PvE, because thier core abilities were broken (combat rogues had to fight with it back in the old days for example). It does more damage and you show an overall ebtter raid peformance? Use it. Afterall you arent breaking your own class or bug out an ability (like fire mages with combustion), you simply adapt your gearing to the servers game mechanics. Just like the hit cap, its broken aswell (or was it expertise? havent pve'd in a while) you need 1 percent more then the retail cap should be. Would you advice people to not know about this either because its not the way it used to be on wotlk?

12. July 5, 2013  

berone
    BIS cape is Shadowvaut Slayer's Cloak and BIS bracers are Umbrage armbrands. The author obviously dont know much about warriors when he says haste is usleles. Everyclass benefits from haste in some ways.
    For warriors it results in more Heroic Strikes or Cleaves. Thats a lot more HS/ Cleaves on a boss like Lich King than without having any haste at all. Im not saying gem haste. I'm saying that it's usefull also and the Shadowvalut cape and Umbrage armnbrands have the best stats in the game for a cape and bracer ;)

14. Vereesa's Dexterity/Sylvanas Cunning is superior as a cloak, armor pen being on the cloak allows more gemming of strength after the ARP cap, which is further benefitted by the fact that the cloak has a red socket with an 8AP bonus. In full best in slot it works out about 10 dps superior.

Umberage Bands have a healthy ilvl jump (7) aswell as a red socket present making them pull ahead. If you're a BS/JC profession wise then these will pull around 110 dps ahead of Toskk's in full BIS, even without JC gems you're seeing a small dps gain.

It's all about balancing those final points of Armor Pen while being able to benefit from gemming strength, which is why JC's 34 stat gems are helpful, they get you closer to the cap without wasting any points. Without JC Toskk's are much more viable but they still fall a little behind.

At BIS Vereesa's Dexterity (Sylv Cunning)+ Umberage Bands is the way to go, especially so if you have BS/JC professions.

lsdlsdlsd
    i have 2 questions if u r kind enough to answer
    1)have u tried t9 bonus (pre-icc gear)? i have 2 pieces but the bonus 2% crit doesnt appear in char screen @ stats
    2) "Gem strength until you hit around 50-60% passive armor penetration rating (arp, once you get to that amount, gem arp in EVERY SLOT (and I mean EVERY slot)"
    i have socketed my gear with 11x20 str gems and AR PEN did NOT change. is this bugged?
    tyvm

First 12345 ... Last