1. [Guide] Fury Warrior PVE by Inform

Fury Warrior PVE Guide 3.3.5 by Inform/Rabbit
    Hello, I am Inform of Ragnaros in <Chance of Rein>. Many people know me as Rabbit, and today, I'm going to be giving you the guidelines to play a fury warrior successfully.
    The order of topics will be as follows:
    -Fury Warrior Intro
    -Spec
    -Gearing/BIS list
    -Gemming/ Enchants
    -Rotation
    -Tricks for Specific Fights/ Bosses.

Let's Begin.

Fury Warrior Intro
    Spoiler: Show
    Fury warriors are one of the highest burst classes in the game, but also one of the most gear dependant, dealing massive amounts of damage while being able to take hits. That being said, many of our abilities increase the damage we take. Keeping that in mind, itÔÇÖs very crucial that you donÔÇÖt pop those cooldowns when about to take a large amount of damage, ie: Pungent blight, stacks of chilled to the bone, etc. Knowing that YOU have the ability to kill yourself with a badly timed ability is the first step to mastering a warrior. My personal burst record is 37k and my highest sustained was 29k in 25hc. Do not expect these results in your first ICC. I have near BIS gear and years of experience with a warrior.
    Spec

Spec
    There are two viable specs for a fury warrior, both of which are 18/53/0. One goes into enrage, while the other doesnÔÇÖt. Personally, since enrage is bugged and overrides Death Wish, I roll with the one without it, and instead go into unbridled wrath and improved berserker rage.
    Without Enrage
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#Lhbf0fhZhxe0V0uzeRVkAo
    At the moment, I prefer this spec for higher burst and more controlled damage. If you like seeing a lot of big numbers at the start of a fight, take this one.
    With Enrage.
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#Lhbf0fhZGxc0icu0eRVzAo
    This spec has a bit more overall damage on longer fights, (about 2-3% more) but itÔÇÖs less controlled so you canÔÇÖt correctly do your burst since Death wish is overridden with enrage. That means you lose upwards of 10% damage during burst phases, which, when chained in with the correct procs, will mean you can actually lose dps with this spec since a large chunk of our damage is burst.
    For every spec, you will take
    Major:
    -Glyph of Heroic Strike
    -Glyph of Whirlwind
    -Glyph of Cleaving
    NO EXCEPTIONS
    Minor:
    - Glyph of Command (Must)
    -Glyph of Bloodrage (recommended)
    -Glyph of Battle (Not required)

Gearing/ BIS List
    I recently donated for my account, I got STS and I have to say, itÔÇÖs well worth it. Anyway, Heres the BIS lists.
    BIS list, Donor.
    (HC) Sanctified Ymirjar LordÔÇÖs Helmet
    (HC) Penumbra Pendant
    (HC) Sanctified Ymirjar LordÔÇÖs Shoulderplates
    (HC) VereesaÔÇÖs Dexterity
    (HC) Sanctified Ymirjar LordÔÇÖs Battleplate
    (HC) Umbrage Armbands (Personally, I use ToskkÔÇÖs Maximized Wristguards. The haste on umbrage is useless and it gives about .5% more crit, so I wouldnÔÇÖt use those even if I could get them.)
    (HC) AldriannaÔÇÖs Gloves of Secrecy (only item I havenÔÇÖt won yet)
    (HC) Coldwraith Links
    (HC) Sanctified Ymirjar LordÔÇÖs Legplates
    (HC) Apocalypse Advance
    (HC) Frostbrood Sapphire ring
    Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance
    (HC) Sharpened Twilight Scale
    (HC) DeathbringerÔÇÖs Will
    (HC) Shadowmourne
    (HC) Glorenzelg, High Blade of the Silver Hand
    (HC) FalÔÇÖinrush, Defender of QuelÔÇÖthalas

BIS list, Non- Donor (excluding Heroic Lich King weapons)
    (HC) Sanctified Ymirjar LordÔÇÖs Helmet
    Penumbra Pendant
    (HC) Sanctified Ymirjar LordÔÇÖs Shoulderplates
    Recovered Scarlet Onslaught Cape
    (HC) Sanctified Ymirjar LordÔÇÖs Battleplate
    (HC) ToskkÔÇÖs Maximized Wristguards
    (HC) AldriannaÔÇÖs Gloves of Secrecy
    (HC) Coldwraith Links
    (HC) Sanctified Ymirjar LordÔÇÖs Legplates
    (HC) Blood Soaked Saronite Stompers
    (HC) Frostbrood Sapphire ring
    Sharpened Twilight Scale
    (HC) DeathbringerÔÇÖs Will
    (HC) Cryptmaker
    Glorenzelg, High Blade of the Silver Hand
    FalÔÇÖinrush, Defender of QuelÔÇÖthalas

BIS list, Non donor & Non hc/ RS 25
    Sanctified Ymirjar LordÔÇÖs Helmet
    Lana ThelÔÇÖs Chain of Flagellation
    Sanctified Ymirjar LordÔÇÖs Shoulderplates
    Recovered Scarlet Onslaught Cape
    Sanctified Ymirjar LordÔÇÖs Battleplate
    ToskkÔÇÖs Maximized Wristguards
    Cat BurglarÔÇÖs Grips
    Coldwraith Links
    Sanctified Ymirjar LordÔÇÖs Legplates
    Blood Soaked Saronite Stompers
    Frostbrood Sapphire ring
    DeathÔÇÖs Verdict
    DeathbringerÔÇÖs Will
    Glorenzelg, High Blade of the Silver Hand
    Cryptmaker
    FalÔÇÖinrush, Defender of QuelÔÇÖthalas

Gemming/ Enchanting
    In regard to gems: Gem strength until you hit around 50-60% passive armor penetration rating (arp, once you get to that amount, gem arp in EVERY SLOT (and I mean EVERY slot) until you hit 1400 arp (100%). When you get to the point that you are going ABOVE the arp cap, start gemming strength, strength/ crit, and/or strength/ hit (if needed)
    Personally, I keep arp gems in blue and red slots, I like to go for socket bonuses when I can. After 100% arp, if below hit cap, put str/ hit gems in yellows until you get hit cap. After you have hit cap and arp cap, put str/ crit in yellows when the socket bonus is 6 or more strength. Other than that, strength wherever you can. You need at least 1 Nightmare Tear in somewhere in your setup, put it in the blue socket in your chest. You need it to activate the meta and it helps that you get that socket bonus. DonÔÇÖt use any other blue gem.
    Stat order is: 5% hit> 26 Expertise> 1400 arp> Strength> Crit > Haste.
    Never, EVER GEM FOR HASTE. I WILL FIND YOU, AND I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DO.
    -Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
    -Red: Fractured Cardinal Ruby/ Bold Cardinal Ruby
    - Yellow: Etched Ametrine/ Inscribed Ametrine
    -Blue: Nightmare Tear

Enchants
    Helm: Arcanum of Torment
    Shoulders: Greater Inscription of the Axe/ Inscription Equivalent
    Back: Agility/ Springy Arachnoweave (if Engineer)
    Chest: +10 all stats
    Bracers: Assault/ Leatherworking Equivalent
    Gloves: Crusher, Hyperspeed Accelerators (if engineer)
    Belt: Eternal Belt Buckle
    Legs: Icescale Leg Armor
    Boots: Icewalker (if below hit cap), Nitro Boots (if engineer), TuskarrÔÇÖs Vitality/ + 32 Attack power if anything else.
    Rings (If Enchanter): + 40 attack power on both.
    Weapons: Berserking on Both

Rotation
    Now, For your rotation, IÔÇÖm going to start with burst.
    For your burst, youÔÇÖre going to intercept in, pop trinket/ wait for teinket to proc while spamming Heroic Strike and Bloothirst with slam procs. Once you pop the trinket/ it procs, youre going to use Death wish, Recklessness, and any sort of engineering cooldown/ potion that you have (Indestructible Potion, use once before you pull the boss and once after when cds are back up.) Once you have everything up, this order is very important. ONE, ONLY ONE Heroic Strike, ONE Bloodthirst, and finally, Whirlwind. In that order to properly use Recklessness to its full potential. Whirlwind uses 2 or more stacks of reck, so you have to use it last.
    After the burst, your rotation is fairly simple. Spam heroic strike, SPAM IT!!!! NEVER LET IT NOT BE UP. HS is your top damaging ability, you want to use it as much as possible. While doing that, use Bloodthirst and Whirlwind EVERY time theyÔÇÖre off cooldown, using slam on every proc. When the boss is below 20% hp, just use your normal rotation, but use execute in fillers. Do NOT spam execute, it deals less damage and drains rage. If you are getting into very high end raiding, you will start putting rend into your rotation in frees, when you have bloothirst, whirlwind on cooldown, and no bloodsurge proc. The macro will be provided at the bottom.

This is the priority list:
    Heroic Strike> Bloodthirst> Whirlwind> Slam> Heroic Throw> Execute.

Tips/ Tricks
    Marrowgar: If youre specced into Heroic Fury, (like you should) stop dpsing the boss, and intercept a spike, kill it, pop heroic fury, and intercept back in. Save Whirlwind for groups of spikes when you can.
    Lady Deathwhisper: Intercept mobs/ Heroic fury and intercept to other places. Intervene someone to get out of Dark Martyrdom.
    Gunship: DonÔÇÖt charge or intercept at all.
    Deathbringer: DonÔÇÖt be afraid to wait 1-3 seconds to use WW if blood beasts are coming out soon. DonÔÇÖt cleave.
    Festergut: Give this boss everything you have. This is your true dps test if you arenÔÇÖt hit by malleable since youÔÇÖll never run out of rage.
    Rotface: Intercept/ intervene into/ out of places. ie: out of ooze flood. Also, on explosion, you barely have to move. Just stand somewhere where nobody else was standing when it went off. You could go 2 feet to the left for all it matters.
    Professor Putricide: DPS from the front. At all times. Intercept and burst greens, heroic fury + intercept back to boss.
    Blood Prince Council: Use Intercept/ intervene to get to bosses quickly without picking up stacks of shadow prison.
    Blood Queen Lana Thel: Shield wall during air phase, Macro will be provided at bottom. Intercept/ intervene to deal with pact and easier distribution of bite.
    Dreamwalker: Kill ****.
    Sindragosa: Again with the intercept/ intervene stuff. DonÔÇÖt intervene the tank like a dummy. I did that once with reck up, just to see what would happen. DidnÔÇÖt work out so well.
    Lich King: Intercept adds next to OT if you get plague, Heroic Fury + intercept back to LK. If a shadow trap is on you, donÔÇÖt be afraid to run the other way as long as you donÔÇÖt hit a different one. You donÔÇÖt have to stick with the group with shadow traps as long as you donÔÇÖt get hit by any/ put them in a bad position.

Macros
    Weapon Macro
    /equipslot 16 Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand (your mainhand)
    /equipslot 17 Cryptmaker (your offhand)

Shield Wall Macro
    /equip Bloodvenom Blade (your mainhand here)
    /equip Icecrown Glacial Wall ( your shield here)
    /cast Defensive Stance
    /cast Shield Wall
    /cast Battle Stance

Heroic Strike Macro (USE THIS TO DEAL WITH TROLLS)
    /cast Heroic Strike(Rank 13)
    /cancelaura Hand of Protection
    /cancelaura Divine Intervention

Intervene Macro
    /cast Defensive Stance
    /cast Intervene
    /cast Berserker Stance

Rend Macro
    #showtooltip Rend(Rank 10)
    /cast Battle Stance
    /cast Rend(Rank 10)
    /cast Berserker Stance

Thanks for reading!
    Please feel free to comment and critique!
    My armory: http://armory.molten-wow.com/charact...form/Ragnaros/

2. Haste is not useless when you're BiS.

Increases attack speed and lowers GCD. Ofc You dont gem it though.
    edit: wrong about gcd

3. Haste is not useless when you're BiS.

well ofcourse. BIS gloves have haste on them and bracers/ back from retail, but molten is different. it doesnt scale as well as it should and should never be gemmed either.
    Btw, haste doesnt lower gcd for warriors.

4. if the attack table worked properly, haste would be decent to gem. no hs miss bug puts haste over crit

for spec id consider moving those 5pts into imp shouts, or enrage. at least 2 pts in booming voice

and for my bis id go with 277 mail legs with t10 gloves. since moltenwow exp cap is around 21 and hit near 9%, pts can be dropped from precision into imp shouts or enrage

godlyatheist
    Haste is not useless when you're BiS.

LOL, haste does not lower the GCD of melee class, only casters

6. if the attack table worked properly, haste would be decent to gem. no hs miss bug puts haste over crit

for spec id consider moving those 5pts into imp shouts, or enrage. at least 2 pts in booming voice

and for my bis id go with 277 mail legs with t10 gloves. since moltenwow exp cap is around 21 and hit near 9%, pts can be dropped from precision into imp shouts or enrage
    Thats BIS for Arms dps, not fury though.

7. Thats BIS for Arms dps, not fury though.
    no i dont think t10 leg is bis any spec with the low exp cap here on molten

8. no i dont think t10 leg is bis any spec with the low exp cap here on molten
    fefe. stop trolling.

9. fefe. stop trolling.
    u could also go with 277 haste plate legs as bis
    just gem expertise till 21. its like 30 pts of expertise on the t10 legs that are completely useless

part of the reason why aldrianas were bis was because hit was useless after the yellow cap, due to hs miss bug. hit past the cap isnt so bad here, expertise is tho

10. u could also go with 277 haste plate legs as bis
    just gem expertise till 21. its like 30 pts of expertise on the t10 legs that are completely useless

part of the reason why aldrianas were bis was because hit was useless after the yellow cap, due to hs miss bug. hit past the cap isnt so bad here, expertise is tho
    alright, well. i have northern light norm, and t10 sanct gloves. ive tried the difference
    the t10 legs definitely put out more damage

11. You missed the rotation subject. :P

12. how much dps warrior should do at arp cap?

13. how much dps warrior should do at arp cap?
    You can reach your arp cap even with ICC 25 normal gear so it really depends if you have normal or heroic gear because, as the topic creator said, warrior fury is a gear dependent spec. Another thing that can increase/decrease your dps is the dps done by your raid members. The longer the fight use to be, the lower dps you should be able to do. I use to be at first place at voa 25, even when I pug it, because the frost boss is a very fast fight (just a training dummy for the mdps) while I can't reach first positions with some longer bosses where you need to move and switch between different phases like Sindragosa.

14. May 10, 2013  
    i feel like an old fellow on this guide o>o

15. May 11, 2013  
    I would not suggest to spam heroic strike because you can face some rage starving spamming it. You should use it only when you have more then 50 rage points. It's not even our higher dps ability if you consider that it basically replaces the white dmg.

12311 ... Last