Hello everybody, after few thoughts i decided to make a guide for Discipline priests in cata expansion (4.3.4 atm). I ll try to write down the most important things just as the basic stuff, gear,reforge,macros and all the stuff and at the very end i ll talk about positions/kiting in arenas for the best help you can get to your team mates.
I Hope i help a lot of new Discs or even the good ones takes something from this guide. Of course feel free to ask any questions or feedbacks or your opinions/experiences how you play Disc priest.

1.Gear and main stats
2.Gems and Glyphs
3.Enchants and Reforge
4.Talents
5.Macros
6.Rotation and tips
7.Positions in 2v2/3v3

1.[Gear and main stats]

About the gear, i mostly play for the mooncloth 4th set bonus which is the freedom for 4 seconds instead of double sets resil bonus since most of the slows from meeles are undispalable and the freedom gives you a kite when you rly need it...
i recommend using chest,shouldres,hands and legs of mooncloth set and head piece of satin set which gives you the most of the stats you need... or any viable pve head with spirit / haste in it...

the stats consequence for healers mainly is like this:

Spirit>Intelect/Resil>Mastery>Haste>Crit

- just to mention, mastery took a big nerf so its not that viable in 4.3.4 and i prefer haste instead of mastery

A hit cap for spell casters is 4% for PvP and i recommend reforging hit before geming it, ill get to this in the point 3. enchants and reforge

Trinkets: the best choice for the second trinket is darkmoon card but any int/spirit trinket works, i recommend to buy the battlemaster trinket aswell and keep it in bag and use it against hard meele combs in arena.

Offset: all spirit off sets with the spell pene cloak so you dont get the resist for your fear/MC/offensive spells

Rings: one for spirit and one for hit rating

Weapons are optional, i personaly play with staff so i get more spirit from it but stats are pretty much the same. //+ cool transmorgs ^^

2: [Gems and Glyphs]

2.1 [Gems]:

Meta gem
2x yellow gems to get the meta working , 20int20haste/20int20spirit is a pretty good option but if you want to play safe 40 resil is good aswell
everything else gemed with 40 int gem

2.2 [Glyphs]:

Prime:
Glyph of Penance
Glyph of Shadow Word: Death
Glyph of Power Word: Shield
Major:
Glyph of Mass Dispel
Glyph of Desperation
Glyph of Prayer of Mending
Minor:
Glyph of Fortitude
Glyph of Shadowfiend
Glyph of Levitate - just for fun ^^

3.[Enchants and Reforge]

Head - Arcanum of Vicious Intellect
Shouldres - Greater Inscription of Vicious Intellect
Cloak - Darkglow Embroidery

Chest - Enchant Chest - Mighty Resilience
Wrist - Enchant Bracer - Mighty Intellect
Weap - 2h - Enchant Weapon - Heartsong
- if running 1h + offhand then its Enchant Weapon - Power Torrent and
Enchant Off-Hand - Superior Intellect
Gloves - Enchant Gloves - Haste
Waist - Ebonsteel Belt Buckle
Legs - Powerful Ghostly Spellthread
Boots - Enchant Boots - Haste
Rings - +40 int from the enchanting

Reforging items to hit cap of 4% then everything else reforging to spirit (simple as it is :) )

4.[Talents]

I run these talents but if you re getting oom rly fast or your matches are longer or you play for a mana burn, you can run the Veiled Shadows instead of the haste in shadow tree

5.[Macros]

Shadow Word : Death :
Spoiler: Show
/stopcasting
/cast [target=target] Shadow Word: Death

its for the breaking CC with it as most of you probably know SWDing poly/blind/scatters any breakable cc,
in cataclysm the damage which comes back to you get absorbed if you have shield or divine aegis proc on you and it wont break the cc... this macro cancels the shields on you so the damage coming from SWD breaks the cc properly...
same goes for focus macro just with the target change - [target=focus]
// the cancelaura is not needed anymore since molten fixed the returned damage for absorbs

Dispel :
/cast [target=player] Dispel Magic

dispels you
/cast [target=party1] Dispel Magic

dispels first party member (using the same for Leap of Faith so i dont need to target my partner in 2v2)

Inners :
/castsequence Inner Fire, Inner Will

this macro will swap between Inner Fire and Inner Will, it saves keybinds and its easy to switch them when you need

Mass Dispel :
/cast !mass dispel

this prevents the loosing the green circle when spamming the spell

Fear Ward :
/cast [target=player] Fear Ward

since you mostly will use the fear ward to break the incoming fear its better to macro it for yourself
i use the same for Power Infusion aswell

some basic macros for targeting :
/target party1
/target party2
/target player
/target arena1
/target arena2
/target arena3
/target focus
/focus target

or you can just simply bind them basicly in the key bindings settings

6. [Rotation and Tips]
there is not rly a rotation in disc i just recommend not using penance for main heal, i mainly use it just for stack Grace and healing mainly with flash heal,prayer of mending and renew as probably most of you know, but this guide is for the players new to discs just as for experienced discs

Some short tips:

- priest running to you from a far distance is obviously gonna fear and you can use fear ward in that moment to block that fear
- casting Inner Focus after using Fear Ward it becomes undispalable
- when there is a Rshaman in the opposite team you should fear as often as you can so every 2nd fear he got no Tremor Totem
- faking spell casting for juke interrupts,
- against mage always make your focus frame on mage so you can see him casting Polymorph and break it with SWD

Some of a bit harder stuff:

- rogue??s Blind has 15 yrd range so if you keep distance you can see when he wants to blind you (he runs towards you) and you can break it with SWD
- ^ same with the hunter??s Scatter Shot
- full Kidney Shot + Shadow Dance combo means Smoke Bomb so you can use your Leap of Faith to grip partner from the smoke bomb
- when there is a feral agaisnt you, keep an eye on Predatory Strikes and dispel it as fast as you can so you dont get insta cycloned
- use mind control to take the Eye with the enemy, its 5% increased damage

7.[Positioning]

Always keep the distance from the main fight and your partner at least for like 20-30 yards so you can safely heal him and fear if needed or see the incoming CC on you.
Keep kiting, hug the pillars, pillars are your best friends ^^
Its pretty much all i can say, you just need to practice the kiting and you ll see it by yourself whats the best positioning

-------------------------------
I hope this guide helped new players such as the experienced ones and i hope i mentioned the basic stuff just as the harder stuff and a bit tips for palyers to handle in arenas as a Discipline priest.
Feel free to ask any questions or mention what i forgot/did not/or screwed up ^^ any feedback is welcome since i made this to help players...

Enym