Slabo

Resto Shaman - what do I wrong?

Hello. I have a resto shaman and I'm having massive mana issues. My tem level is 352, Alch stone and Tear of blood trinkets, 2500 mana regen without proc, 90k mana unbuffed. And now you will say "Omg, you shouldn't have any issues". I checked shaman guide in this forum, watched 100 videos in internet about resto shaman, but still no change. I use Earth shield, Riptide, Healing wave and Healing surge, Greater HL if needed. My heals are not very bad at all, crits about 40-50k on greater wave, 30k on surge, 12k on wave, but one my mana is low, we wipe. And I'm talking about dungeons like HOO. I've seen all class healers able to keep their mana hing and all members alive (a resto shaman with 340ilvl with blue and green items healed in hoo and after Rajh his mana was 40k remaining) and I don't know what am I doing wrong. Do you have any ideas?

2. Unleash elements ->riptide; use healing stream totem while using water shield.

wowiagera
    You should never use Healing Surge except when its a real emergency. That means when you dont have the Tidal Waves proc. (that you get from Riptide and Chain Heal). Keep Riptide on 3 targets at the same time as much as possible, but focus on the tank. And as I said use your Tidal Wave proc. Healing Wave and Greater Healing Wave casting time will be much slower, (around Healing Surge time).

Keep Water Shield and Earth Shield up all the time.

Totems that I use during dungeons and mostly during 10 mans. (Stoneskin,Searing( if no mage, Flametounge), Healing Stream, Wrath of Air)

Slabo
    Thank you both. I will try this tactics.

5. best thing you need 2 do is get 2000 spirit+ and if you can try 2 get darcmoon card tsunamy than you allmost never oom. (this is for pvp) if your pve go for darcomoon card anyways and stack even more spirit

naudid
    Two words: Telluric Current

I now have ilvl 358 and hit Lightning Bolt with an average of 7.5k (including Crits). Thats 1.6k mana back per cast.

Anyone who claims that there is no time for the occasional LB isn't a good healer. There are always downtimes. Either the boss is scripted that way (Magmaul when he's exposed) or your healing team creates it. I NEVER had mana problems when I was raiding.

You need to adapt your healing style though. It's different to heal w Telluric Currents than w/o. You'll be constantly casting. Either a heal or LB.
    Also there is no such thing as: "Should I heal or should I cast another LB?" It's more like:"Should I cast LB or do nothing?". Healing has more priority than casting LB

FeiLang
    You should never use Healing Surge except when its a real emergency. That means when you dont have the Tidal Waves proc. (that you get from Riptide and Chain Heal). Keep Riptide on 3 targets at the same time as much as possible, but focus on the tank. And as I said use your Tidal Wave proc. Healing Wave and Greater Healing Wave casting time will be much slower, (around Healing Surge time).

Keep Water Shield and Earth Shield up all the time.

Totems that I use during dungeons and mostly during 10 mans. (Stoneskin,Searing( if no mage, Flametounge), Healing Stream, Wrath of Air)
    This... JUST THIS... well put. Another thing that I do is use %s. When I am at 75% mana I use Mana Tide when my spirit procs are up (it seems to work better, not sure... I know it shouldn't but better safe than sorry). I don't bother with telluric currents as it has never been needed for me. I am using darkmoon card / blood. I recommend once you hit the haste cap, grab mastery (crit is 2x but for fights like CHIM, go mastery).

For Chim use healing wave with mastery stacked, while keeping riptide on the tanks. Before massacre put a healing rain on yourself and the other healer if you are close so you can heal others.

Healing surge should not be needed... I know sometimes it is, but not too often imo.
    I still OOM if I don't take a short break. Remember that healing is often a 2 person job, so let the other healer do a bit if you are waiting for that mana regen boost.

If all else fails and you just can't do it, go to HOO norm, get isiset's trink.. never oom again with your permanent 1500 spirit.

wowiagera
    Yes Telluric Currents is amazing especially during increased dmg periods (such as head phase on Magmaw, Halfus) but it also very good during fights when you have a down time, like Valionas side flames (forgot the name sorry). I still feel like not picking TC isnt the problem when he has mana problems in dungeons, thats mostly raiding.

9. You watched dozens of videos but you learned something new from the forums....right. All I can add to the above is, use your mana tide totem early so it can go off cd later in the fight.

naudid
    You could also learn alchemy and use some mana pots with mixology. Although this would only treat the effect, not the root of the problem.

I think you just need to learn not to go all out. A shaman can easily maintain up to 30-40k HPS over the course of a few seconds, but then you don't have mana for the rest of the fight.

Just be sure to have Watershield up 100% of the time, never use healing rain or chain heal when you can't hit at least 3 targets. Always have riptide on CD (try to have up on players) and don't use a heal when it's unesseccary (e.g. Target has taken 10k damage and you cast Greater Healing wave and it crits it's up to 60k overheal)

11. This guide did wonders for me.
    [YT]rbPUIC4_mwY[/YT]

12. 3 main things to keep in mind when healing shaman.

1 - rotation, riptide 2x hw(ghw) and 1 slow hw, totems w/e you want but healing stream is urgent, its making 5k+hps for free, keeping tank alive is matter of not forgetting about riptide on him with Earth shield ofc, and like someone said before, 3 riptides, 2 randoms and a tank, healing rain if theres 4+ players (remember you r one of players too) in one spot for at least 5 next secs, about healing surge, WTH is healing sure, i did even unlearn that spell from spell book. Never ever use healing surge, its eating ur mana for really low healing ,glyphs, and again healing stream totem glyph, its keeping up resists for 3 out of 5 magics, thats why you saw green shamy doing rajh w/o problem (-30% fire dmg), chain heal ofc, water shield, earth shield, riptide, i dont have to explain this. healing wave glyph is useless for me, (10k hw, 2k healing for me, my totem heals more >.>), and ofc stone claw totem (some o-****-button saved my *** not single time). sticking to rotation and predicting, which leads us to step 2

2 - TACTICS, as a raid tactician in my guild i also find knowing tactics very helpful in making great hps, predicting boss casts, skills, aoe, down phases etc, is helping you manage almost solo healing for groups.

3 - group, you cant punish yourself that you couldn't heal party cause warriors were eating puddles of tank doesnt understand what fire does to him, best is to find good guild, few friends, learn and teach, this game always was about doing something in 'groups' you just have to find one.

I broke 18k hps barrier on resto shaman after 4.3.4 ( resto shamans works 100% after recent updates), i can say that resto shaman is and will be best healer for raids in upcoming changes, keep working on rotation, keep tactics in mind, predict and everything will be all right.

And keep you totems straight!

13. May 6, 2013  
    saqibious
    In cata healing is a bit different u are no longer responsible to keep every ***** at full health...as for your question most of the above info is pretty good advice dont use healing surge much and keeping your Healing strean rather then mana spring is a good idea also try to get Darkmoon Card Tsunami +400 spirit is always helpful and it has a 100% proc chance

14. May 7, 2013  
    ( resto shamans works 100% after recent updates), i can say that resto shaman is and will be best healer for raids in upcoming changes
    1. Working 100%? Don't say misleading stuff.
    2. Best healers, I doubt that. If things go as it was in retail, Rshamans will still live in the shadow of the other healers even the nerfed Rdruids. In Molten Rdruids will probably be on top.
    If youre talking about pvp though it is mostlikely reversed. (And thats the problem Blizz has / had with Shamans)

15. May 7, 2013  
    naudid
    1. Working 100%? Don't say misleading stuff.
    2. Best healers, I doubt that. If things go as it was in retail, Rshamans will still live in the shadow of the other healers even the nerfed Rdruids. In Molten Rdruids will probably be on top.
    If youre talking about pvp though it is mostlikely reversed. (And thats the problem Blizz has / had with Shamans)
    1. I agree. There are quite a few things that dont work ( Healing Stream Totem + Mastery, HoT's and Ancestral Awakening, etc)

2.) Only if you look at the raw healing amount, and I doubt that ANY good healer will go by "Oh lok I hat 15k HPS". It's all about the raid being alive. Tank drops down to 40%? No problem. 1.4sec later he gets a 90k+ Crit.
    Also the sheer amount you PASSIVLY heal due to your talents like Ancestral Awakening. It does add up to a nice sum, but wont show up in ANY fightlog(Recount, Skada, etc)

Lastly you have one of the most powerful healing CD's in the game: Spirit Link Totem
    Let's look at some concrete examples shall we?

Halfus/Chogall: Tank has 99% Healing reduce , other tank is dead for the next few seconds(battle ress is being casted) and you know by the time the other tank is alive again the first one is dead. Just place down Spirit Link Totem and get 1-2 DPS+Tank to walk in there and BAM, tank is at 70-80% life again.

Maloriak, second green phase. Add Tank popped all his CD's in the previous green phase and you know he's gonna drop dead in this one: BAM SPIRIT LINK TOTEM saves the mothersucking day.

Any Boss: 6/10 of you raid are being severly damaged and you know there is gonna be a massive AoE damage incoming. You and the second healer can't possibly heal everybode. What to do? SWEET JESUS! Is it a plane? Is it a bird? NO! ITS THE GODDAMN SPIRIT LINK TOTEM who saves the day AGAIN.
    BAM place it down and the players who were at 10% hp a second ago will receive the heal of there LIVES.

But what is that? There is something more? Well **** me in the *** and call me Sally. That delicious creamy Spirit Link Totem also decreases ALL incoming damage?
    GOD DAMNIT SPIRIT LINK TOTEM, you are the best!

123 Last