1. May 29, 2013  

Lava lash QQ

Some ppl cry cuz of lavalash too high dmg.
    Lets check then the formula.

Basic - 312% of my offhand weapon ( 13k atk power 2,2k offhand dmg ) = 6864.
    glyph 20% - 1.2*6864=8236
    8236 * 1.4 cuz of FT = 11530.
    11530 * 2 cuz of searing totem = 23060.
    23060* mastery ( 50% cuz of 20 points ) = 35k NON crit without any procs.
    I can also add i am usually 19-22k atk pow during the most hits so 45k non crit on dummy is possible. It means 90k crit.
    So tell me , why do you QQ for Lava Lash bugged dmg if i Crit player for 40k ?

even if glyph includes already in 312% it 29k ( not 35k ) without atk power buffs. So still able to go for 40k non crit on dummy.

Reply some if i am wrong.

I just count for 22k atk power. It says non crit 39k without this point - glyph 20%.

2. May 31, 2013  
    never really cared just here to say .. put armor and resist in you calculations to see your damage again
    What if I told u I have spell penetration?

3. May 31, 2013  
    I wanna ask not about pvp but about pve for the random lava lashes who crit for like 25k on 5 stacks searing when i have to crit for like 80k... thats so random and happens quite often and i cant understand why...

4. May 31, 2013  
    I don't think mastery increases Lava Lash dmg. Lava Lash is a physical attack, not a nature, fire or frost spell.

But I agree with you in general that Lava Lash dmg is not bugged. Check some videos of enhancement shamans doing dps on retail and u will see some 70-100 k hits(the 100k was in a raid with buffs). It's pretty exiting as a enhancement shaman who are a underdog in overall PVE damage to see some big hits from Lava Lash.

In PVP plate classes hate us: That moment when u Lava Lash a plate for 36k. :)

But just a comment on mastery, reply if I'm wrong, but mastery is totally not working for enhancement at the moment? with 46% mastery in PVE gear my lightning shield does 2024 damage and with 34% mastery in PVP gear my lightning shield does 2044 damage. It's kinda lol. Attack power in PVE and PVP are not far out so that will definitely not have an influence.
    Lava Lash actually deals Fire damage, so it is effected by our Mastery. It isn't effected by our Unleash Flame buff because that only applies to Fire spells.

As for Mastery working correctly in general, I can't really say. I haven't taken the time to test it myself. It seems to be relatively accurate for most things, but that is just guesstimation at a glance. I am curious now though, so maybe I can look into it in the next day or two.

As for Lava Lash damage, it is where it should be. With all of the ways we have to buff that ability up, it is meant to hit like an absolute monster, and I am sure a lot of people that call it an overpowered ability don't take into consideration that the ability by itself only does half of that damage. Those extremely hard hits depend a lot on being able to get to five stacks of Searing Flames, which can be tricky given how stupid our Searing Totem is right now.

5. May 31, 2013  
    i qq when i see deathstrike gets like 450% 2h wep dmg.... plus the healz, the absorbs...
    only with shamans could use lava lash with 2h weapons /cry

6. June 1, 2013  
    I had a little bit of spare time to mess with this today. It wasn't the most scientific of tests, but using two identical sets of gear, one as it normally is and one reforging any crit to mastery and gemming for pure mastery, I had pretty much equal stats other than a 13% difference in mastery, and slightly different crit rating.

From what I saw, it seems like our mastery is actually scaling reasonably accurately. All I really did was switch back and forth between the armor sets as I tested individual abilities, but going from the non-modified gear I was able to get pretty accurate estimations on where the damage would be with the increased mastery of the other set, so it does seem to be scaling correctly. At the very least, if they aren't scaling entirely correctly, they would be giving us a slight increase, as I never got a value that was notably lower than my estimation.

This was done using the same talents at all times and no buffs other than the passive Unleashed Rage buff, so it is possible that any oddities you've noticed were due to talent or buff scaling issues. It's hard to say, but I'm fairly confident that our mastery is working reasonably well.

7. June 1, 2013  

this is why

Now you can see, why ppl QQ about lava lash.
    THey say even this is phisical dmg...
    QQ moar kids or learn to count.

8. June 2, 2013  
    I wanna ask not about pvp but about pve for the random lava lashes who crit for like 25k on 5 stacks searing when i have to crit for like 80k... thats so random and happens quite often and i cant understand why...

sure it can hit 800% offhand but still WHY DFQ i am hitting like 20-25k crits on 5 stacks every now and then....

9. June 4, 2013  
    Uh. What part of fire damage gets mitigated by armor? Lava lash bypasses armor, this is nothing new. As for spell penetration, being a physical attack, it skips spell resists. It can still be dodged, blocked or parried so it's balanced - resists would make it really weak. It's just a really cool, really strong ability. Wowhead and retail forums - checkit. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2065610865 for example.

10. June 4, 2013  
    Uh. What part of fire damage gets mitigated by armor? Lava lash bypasses armor, this is nothing new. As for spell penetration, being a physical attack, it skips spell resists. It can still be dodged, blocked or parried so it's balanced - resists would make it really weak. It's just a really cool, really strong ability. Wowhead and retail forums - checkit. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2065610865 for example.
    If ignores 100% armor is not physical but magic,so u need to cap spell penetration in pvp because enemy player can resist magic damage.

11. June 4, 2013  
    Lava Lash does NOT bypass armor and spell resistance does NOT affect LL. Just search in google and open 1st official WoW forums to make sure.

If Lava Lash would ignore both armor and resistances then it would be overpowered. And I can`t really imagine ability which can ignore both, it just sounds incorrect.
    You should be happy that blizzard made fire school physical attack so Lava Lash could benefit from mastery.
    L2google: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=60103/lava-lash#comments

12. June 4, 2013  
    Imho lavalash is like frost strike,based on weapon damage hits with fire damage and benefit from mastery and at the same time is mitigated by enemy resistance .

13. June 6, 2013  

haha

r u sure is it description for 4.3?
    Lava lash was phisical before.
    It's melee hit with spell dmg.
    Armor doesn't metter here

14. June 7, 2013  
    now people QQ about the lash... later when deathwing comes out people with start to QQ about mages and other casters and i point mages out becouse their arcane blasts and fireballs/pyros will be hitting atleast 1.5x our lashes on later gear:)