1. June 3, 2013  

Holy Priest 4.3.4 Pvp

Why Not?
    Personally I think we can do well with the right setup , any thoughts on this?
    FYI
    I'm

LittleJon

from Sargeras

2. June 3, 2013  
    its not impossible, infact its viable. just with some specs, holy requires a little more work. in bgs, yea you can burst out some nice heals, body and soul, blessed resilience.

3. June 4, 2013  
    Holy spec is viable for only battlegrounds if it is about PvP. On arena it lacks a lot of survivability due to no pain surpression, inner focus and PW: Barrier.

4. June 4, 2013  
    Ghoulers
    I've been using it for bgs lately and i liked it a lot, the burst heals are really useful and can save a lot of people.

You do lack pain suppression, and PW:Barrier but the survivability it is still fine because you have a bit more instant heals and stronger heals, as well as Guardian Spirit. You do have to run around a lot though, and make sure they don't interrupt you as much.

But really, the PW: Shield still absorbs 21k damage, so it's still pretty useful, it's just not as specialized.

Besides, most deaths come from an angry mob of dk, paladins, warriors and hunters (and maybe fire mage) ganking you, or from one of those guys who can kill in less than 5 seconds (usually a pala), which no spec can survive anyways.

I haven't done arena though, and I am not so sure that it would work. Gotta try it q;

5. Holy priests are sort of a "more fun, less serious" choice for BGs. As mentioned before, the actual healing output will be much, MUCH better than disc, but that isn't surprising as disc has the worst heals in the game. On the other hand, it lacks the damage mitigation and survivability of disc.

I remember back when Frostwolf was Wrath, I used to heal Alterac Valley as holy, because on a 40 vs 40 map it hardly matters. And it was great, also the only time when Spirit of Redemption was actually useful.

However 4.3 is so damage/burst heavy that you'll probably just get wrecked before you can do any actual healing done. Enjoy having DKs/hunters/enh shamans ruin everything for ya!

96Soulrider
    They are viable in arena, atleast in 2s. The biggiest problem isnt survivability but mana regen ;)

7. Holy priest suit well in the role of PvP, but i would still recommend Disco priests :)
    They have more defensive abilitys, and regenerate A LOT more mana over time!

8. But discipline is more fun. End of the story.

9. Thought I would put my "Two-Cents" in here, as I have only ever played healers, and I main Priest. For BGs: Holy Priest is Entirely viable, and YES, alot of fun, however, I play my BGs a bit different than mainstream heal-mid healers. If you are going for focus heals, Holy is a great way to go for CTF (WSG/TP) especially. You have higher mobility than disc, when you are either running the flag or Healing FC. Priest isn't about "check my heals on score board", but a fair-geared Holy can hold it's own on the charts, or even top them, we well as with Body and Soul (with the 4 pc. Set bonus) be able to disengage combat, and speed up caps. Mana remains an issue, however you do have that nifty Chakra to work with. The most useful being HW: Serenity (I have personally seen as high as 50k heals off this FREE heal that has such a low CD, and adds more crit to your other healing). And if you Spec 2/2 Heavenly Voice Divine Hymn becomes a monster with only a 3 minute cooldown (fair, but still allows use for Base cap/def BGs) that can crank out as much as 500k heals over it's channel time of 8 seconds, when the pressure on your entire team is on. For Arenas however.. I have found there are very few instances where Holy is preferred over Disc. I personally have only used Holy Priest during Arenas when queued and repeatedly running into Shaman (Shaman that are experienced will PURGE THE LIVING HELL out of a Disc when pressure is on), who love to burst your bubbles (pun intended). Meanwhile, Holy can get off their big heals, and have the Mastery HoT's proc a few times before being purged. This is really the only instance I have found in which Holy is a preferred of the two specs for Arenas. That being said, in most cases, Discipline is the way to go for arenas. (as of 4.3.4). When it all boils down, it's Speedy Bubbles vs. Big Bubbles. (Find a Priest friend and try a 2-man FC team on TP 1disc/1holy! Provided you communicate well, the versatility of either speed bursts or heavy damage mitigation while running the flag is insane.. and that's just PW:Shield)

~~~~~~Your Friendly Neighborhood Healer-

10. Holy is fine and it is viable mostly with feral / rogue.

You can survive a pretty heavy beating (opening burst) from hunter / rogue , rogue / ret.

It is viable , but disc over shadows it.

I tried playing holy at 2k and it simply isn't the same as disc.

11. Dem necros...

But Holy is pretty damn good in BG's, be it as a pocket healer for a flag runner, or as a general group healer with the main group.

12. lol dat 2 year necro idd...

cba reading that wall'o'text. Anyway, Holy is fun for BGs but just bad for arenas compared to Disc. endofstory.